Jessica Alba was seen out with her husband Cash Warren and their two daughters Honor Marie and Haven. They were leaving a party in Hollywood, California.
Jess wore a chambray denim shirt tucked into a checked skirt. I think this is very formal and garden party style, but the chambray definitely keeps it casual at the same time. I like this combination.
Images courtesy of Pacificcoastnews.com.
Amy Adams and her adorable baby, Aviana, spent some time at a Beverly Hills area park. The family enjoyed a picnic and then Aviana played on the swings! She looked adorable in a Chambray romper from Gap. She was outfitted in Gap’s Chambray Tiered One Piece. This adorable romper is only $19.99 and available at Gap. It’s perfect for Spring and Summer!
Images courtesy of INFdaily.com
Chambray has been hot on the runways for the past few seasons and the Fall/Winter 2011 collections were no different. It made it’s most recent appearance in Adam’s Fall/Winter 2011 collection but the look was far from casual. Chambray shirts paired with dark wash jeans and topped with fur was a luxurious take on the denim on denim look. The collection also featured dark wash, slim cut jeans, paired with delicate lace for an overall sophisticated look.
Images from Style.com
1. The Cargo Pant: J Brand ignited this trend with the launch of the Houlihan pant in early 2010. Pretty soon, they were showing up on almost every celebrity. Not soon after that, almost every major brand was releasing their own style. You can read more about this trend here.
2. Jeggings: A cross between leggings and jeans, jeggings began to gain popularity last year. This year however, they became increasingly more popular. Almost every company has released their own iteration of the trend.
3. Waxed Denim: A play off the leggings trend, Waxed Denim is a great way to add a little more polish to an outfit than leggings. An increasing number of brands are playing around with this trend and I think that it will become even more popular in the next year. You can read more about the trend in Jonathan’s post here.
4. Wide-Leg: While skinny jeans have become a staple, wide-leg jeans are making their way back in. More and more brands have released wide-leg styles. They’ve been popping up on both runways and celebrities and I predict will gain even more popularity in 2011.
5. Chambray: Chambray is a perfect option for spring and summer. It began to gain popularity last year but with more designers using it in their collections, I think it’s a trend that will continue into 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
6. Jean Jackets: While jeans jackets have always been classic, there has been an increase in styles and washes offered. Plus, we’ve seen a rise in the popularity of denim-on-denim again. You can go trendy with a moto style or classic with a dark wash and traditional cut, either way, make a denim jacket part of your closet.
7. Boyfriend Jeans: While 2009 was certainly the year of the Boyfriend jean, it did trail into 2010.
8. Studs: Studs, Studs, Studs. From a couple of studs on the seams or all over, studs were a big trend for 2010. They’re a great DIY and an easy way to make an old pair of jeans trendy again.
9. Color: From Pastels to brights, Colored denim was a popular option for adding a little oomph to an outfit. I think colored denim is going to continue it’s popularity into the 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
10. High-Waisted Jeans: For years, jeans rises were getting lower and lower. Recently, there’s been a rise in, well, rises. High-waisted jeans are making a come back. This is a difficult trend to pull off, even a few celebrities have had trouble making it work. While it may not be the most flattering trend, hopefully it’ll lead away super low rises! What are your favorite trends?