The peeps over at TheFrisky.com seem to think that these were the top 10 fashion trends of 2008. What do you think?
1. Two-finger rings: (Lauren Conrad, Rihanna). This is one of the coolest jewelry trends we’ve seen in awhile.
2. Baggy boyfriend jeans: (Katie Holmes, Reese Witherspoon). We like the idea of boyfriend jeans, but they shouldn’t actually be your boyfriend/husband’s jeans, Katie? Boyfriend jeans should be distressed and lose, but cut for a woman’s curves.
3. Nail Designs: (Beyonce, Solange, Eve, Rihanna). Celebs wore some off-the-wall nail colors this year, but we’re big fans of Minx Nails designs.
4. Outrageous, sky-high heels: (Victoria Beckham, Madonna, Solange). We’d never knock a girl for her footwear choices, especially if she chooses to high heels. But some of this year’s shoes looked downright lethal.
5. Pointless accessories: (Beyonce, Miley Cyrus, Rihanna). Both Beyonce and Rihanna seemed to have injured themselves, recently, but it was just their accessories. Sometimes things go a little crazy when a celebrity tries to be different.
6. Obama T-shirts: (Halle Berry, Beyonce, Sean Combs). For the first time ever, fashion-forward political T-shirts were available to the voting masses. We just wonder what these people will do with their tees now that Barack Obama has won the election.
7. Nerdy Glasses: (Kanye West, Jay-Z, Rihanna). Geek-chic is a definite do when done right, but thick, dark, plastic frames don’t look good on everyone.
8. Bangs: (Christina Aguilera, Jessica Alba, Taylor Momsen). Bangs are a great way to update a hairstyle without having to cut all your locks. And they really bring attention to your eyes.
9. Leather jackets: (Rihanna, Vanessa Hudgens). A cropped and fitted leather jacket toughens up anything it’s paired with, including a sweet Pop music girl.
10. Hippie headband: (Nicole Richie, Aubrey O’Day, Mischa Barton). Very few people can pull off this look, everyone else just ends up looking like they have a mushroom head.
Zac Efron was spotted arriving at The Mattel Childrens Hospital in LA on the 19th of December. He was there giving gifts out to all of the children, what a sweetie! He also took the time to meet everyone and give out autographs. I’m sure this has cheered up the children for Christmas. Nice work Zac! He is wearing his Nudies, they are coming a long really nicely! I’ve included lots of photos for your raw denim fans!
Images courtesy celebutopia.net and justjared.
Reese Witherspoon and boyfriend Jake Gyllenhaal stroll in denim! Reese is wearing Paige Premium Denim’s Roxbury jeans in Light Stretch Destruction wash. They are such a cute couple – who doesn’t love cute Reese?!
Images courtesy JustJared.com
Pete Wentz was once our Diesel posterboy, a position that now Zac Efron has taken over. Pete is also one of the first dudes I’ve seen in denim this funky…although, from what we’ve seen, tied dyed type denim is going to be big in 2009. So maybe its not terribly surprising to see him in these since he was also one of the first guys to wear GIRLS skinny jeans too! If anyone knows the maker of the jeans, hit us up!
images via celebutopia.net