The title say it all…so let’s see, do you agree? Counting backwards:
10. Hayden Panettiere: In my opinion, Hayden is an adorable young up-and-comer and although her figure is not the lean and lanky model of Kate Moss, she definitely an amazing job to pick out cute outfits for her beautiful curves. I can’t wait to watch her grow up.
9. Isla Fisher: Isla Fisher is one of my favs. I think she has a classic, yet off beat style. I love the way she mixes old school glam with funky pieces like the sunglasses pictured here. Great style!
8. Vanessa Minnillo: Vanessa Minnillo was a new one on my radar this year. But, everytime she popped up, girl had it right…pulled together, classic, lookin’ good…
7. Jessica Biel: Pretty much always by her man’s side (and in his pants…ha…) Jessica Biel wore those William Rast’s right this past year! Do you think she looked good too?
6. Sienna Miller: What can I say? To me, Sienna Miller can really do no wrong. I love her look…classic bohemian. Sienna always seems to be channeling the ’70′s but never ceases to live in the 21st century either. Likewise, she’s always wearing a fab pair of jeans to boot.
5. Kate Beckinsale: Kate Beckinsale is on this list because I think she has really come into her own in the past few years and embraced the fashion world. To me, Kate Beckinsale is the ugly duckling of the list, gone to a pretty little swan…in a great pair of jeans that is…
4. Britney Spears: She made a comeback. She looked amazing. Enough said.
3. Vanessa Hudgens: Well, I’m on the fence with this one. But, she did wear almost every brand and every trend out there and she did it well! I have to admit that I am a wee bit tired of seeing Vanessa and her now-I-wear-Nudie’s boyfriend Zan Efron everywhere I look, but, on the other hand, she can dress.
2. Rachel Bilson: Just missing the number 1 spot, Rachel Bilson. I love Rachel. She is understated elegance to me at its best. She is glamourous, but also old hollywood. I feel like 20 years from now Rachel Bilson will still be on the radar, with her wavy hair, sweet smile and excellent fashion sense. She wore every denim trend out there, and she wore them well, and…best part, she never annoyed me while doing it!
1. Katie Holmes: Are you shocked?! Katie, Katie, Katie…how do we love you…let us count the ways: We love you from your J Brands to your Current/Elliotts to your 7′s to your Juicy’s. We love you from you Boyfriends to your Skinny’s to your Wide Legs to your Flares.
Yes, Katie Holmes was probably the most blogged about Denim-Wearing-Trend-Rocking-Celebrity of 2008. To me, she is not only trendy and on spot with her clothes, however, she is always classy too. If only every lilo, speidi, paris, and the rest of the DON’Ts out there could take a minute and review her sensibility…the world of fashion in general might be a better place.
New Paigeaholic Jean Inspired by the Upcoming Touchstone Pictures’/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ Movie CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC,
Starring ISLA FISHER as Shopaholic Rebecca Bloomwood
Rebecca Bloomwood, from Confessions of a Shopaholic, and designer Paige Adams-Geller have something in common. They can’t help themselves, they have the uncontrollable, unwavering desire to…shop.
And so do the adoring fans of Paige’s eponymous denim line, Paige Premium Denim. Each day, Adams-Geller receives dozens of emails from ladies around the world declaring themselves Paigeaholics. In celebration of the upcoming Touchstone Pictures’/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ movie Confessions of a Shopaholic, in theaters February 13, 2009, Paige will be offering The Paigeaholic jean – an exclusive style only available at Bloomingdale’s and Paige stores.
Just like the fashion frenzied heroine of the film, Adams-Geller will stop at nothing to find the perfect garment. Thus the creation of The Paigeaholic jean – a Skyline Ankle Peg cut in the brand new, innovative Cayman Blue wash. The Skyline Ankle Peg has a classic 8.25” rise and a 12” leg opening creating a classic, skinny silhouette. Cayman Blue is a classic, navy blue wash made with the finest premium materials including the new DOW XLA™ fiber for a superior fit that compliments every way you move. With XLA™, the Paigeaholic jean will retain its rich color longer and hold its shape better, wash after wash.
Known for hidden details and feminine touches, The Paigeaholic jean will feature silk waist-band lining in the new bouquet floral design. The print will even grace Paige’s hidden credit card pocket, a signature touch located in the right hand back pocket. Perfect for stowing all of those “magic cards.”
The Paigeaholic jean, made with a distinctive blend of XLA™ fiber and other premium materials, will be released exclusively at Bloomingdale’s stores nationwide as well as the Paige boutiques in Los Angeles, Las Vegas and New York on January 1st, 2009.
I don’t know about the rest of you – but I can’t wait for the movie AND the jeans!
Disney star Ashley Tisdale was snapped out and about in Hollywood wearing a pair of Diesel Matic 8SH. I wonder if she borrowed these from Vanessa Hudgens, who’s been spotted in them before! BFF’s share clothes! I think they are a little loose on her but I have always loved this wash and cut, they are on my “to-own” list! I just love her style and I really love she changed her hair color to brown now from blonde. She’s also got a hot gold Louis Vuitton Alma bag there!
Images courtesy of celebutopia.net
We’ve all seen some denim disasters in our time. Here’s a compilation of rules to follow to ensure you aren’t the denim eyesore in the room. I’ve added some suggestions in case you discover you have made a major fashion faux pas.
Before you leave the house in your favorite pair of jeans, stop and take a long look in the mirror. Is your backside sagging like a day-old diaper? Are your jeans so acid-washed they belong in an ’80s music video? Do the tapered legs make you look like a walking ice cream cone? Could your waistband double as a push-up bra?
According to Oprah’s in-house experts, about nine out of 10 women are wearing the wrong jeans. So, yes, that probably means you. To combat this out-of-control epidemic, Oprah asks Stacy London, host of TLC’s What Not to Wear, to debunk denim myths and warn you about common fashion blunders.
Muffin Top or Dunlap Syndrome
The dreaded muffin top or dunlap syndrome. You know, when your stomach dun’ lap over your jeans! The “muffin top” is caused by a waistband that’s too low, too tight and your tummy spills over the sides of your jeans. That’s how you know you’re a member of the muffin club. There’s good news for muffins! Go mid-rise! Styles like Diesel Ronhar Bootcut Jeans in Medium Wash will keep your belly from bulging.