Add Rachel Bilson to list of celebrities wearing boyfriend jeans this summer – this pair is by Current/Elliott, available at ELuxury. Do you like this new look the celebs are sporting? Check her out with her dog Thurmen Murmen wearing a pair, rolled like Katie Holmes. Something tells me she still isn’t wearing her Edie Rose line out. But maybe next month when her line comes out she will be wearing it.
By the way, Rachel says she can’t sketch so she won’t be drawing the line but that she trying to learn to sew. Hmph…sketching is wear the design starts. I guess she’s not really the designer, as is often the case with “celebrity” designed lines – they are really just putting their name on a product and that’s about it. I mean how in the world can you design if you can’t sketch OR sew?! I just wish more celebs actually had something to do with the finished product beyond slapping their name on it.
Okay – for those of you who are do-it-yourself-ers, give this one a try!
Time: About 45 minutes, plus washing and drying
Materials: One pair of old jeans, scissors, seam ripper, thread, pins, sewing machine.
1. Put the jeans on and mark a spot about 4 inches above the knee with a pin. This will be the hem of your skirt (if you want it shorter, place the pin higher — but no higher than 3 inches below the crotch seam).
2. Smooth the jeans out on a work surface. Measure the length from the top of the waistband to the pin, and mark the distance across both legs. Cut straight across both legs, about an inch below where you marked, to give yourself a little leeway (you can trim later, after you’ve tried the skirt on).
3. Turn the jeans inside out. Using a seam ripper, rip out the crotch seams, taking out all the stitches up to the zipper. In the back, take out the bottom 3 inches of the center seam (so you can eliminate any bunching).
4. Turn the jeans right-side out again, and smooth out on a work surface. Fold the flap below the zipper over the fabric underneath (left over right), to create a zigzag front seam below the zipper. Place the fabric so that it falls smoothly, with no flare. Pin in place.
5. Flip the jeans over. Pin the back seam together, eliminating a little fabric so that it doesn’t flare and so that the center seam is straight.
6. On a sewing machine, sew the front and back seams, tracing the original seam lines and making sure to back-stitch at the top and bottom to secure the seams.
7. Try on the skirt, adjust the length if necessary and make sure that the edges are straight. Sew around the edge of the skirt, about half an inch up from the raw edge (do not make a hem). Trim the threads. Wash and dry the skirt to fray the edges.
Source: LA Times
Okay so as much as we made fun of Paris Hilton’s new denim line for Dollhouse, I have to give her props on her video response to John McCain’s recent ad slamming Obama for being a celebrity like Paris Hilton - click here to watch it. Not denim related at all, but pretty funny, you have to admit, no matter what party you support. Oh yeah, and Paris’ swimsuit is available at LisaKline.com for $135, if you think its hot, bitches!
We’ve had more posts about Katie Holmes lately and those god forsaken jeans…it’s like when Perez Hilton was covering Britney Spears’ drama 24/7. Katie, for the love of fashion, please get some new jeans! Did the maid quit doing laundry or what?! Is she preggers and trying to hide under huge clothes? I don’t get it – I’ve been in love with a pair of jeans before, but really – enough is enough! Okay, that’s enough, no more Katie posts until she wears different jeans!