Rihanna in Designer Jeans
I decided to do a post on how to rip your jeans and get the fishnets look like we saw on Rihanna. I had a lot of fun doing it and the style actually turned out great, I love it. I do love them more with lace than the fishnets though as it looks a little more classy. It’s really easy to do and I predict it’s going to be a great trend, so if you can’t afford to buy any premium denim that comes out like these then you can do it yourself.
All you need is a pair of scissors, jeans and fishnet/lacey tights.
1) Get an old pair of jeans (or a cheaper pair of jeans you don’t mind destroying). I chose black so the tights do not stand out as much as they would against a blue jean.
2) Get your scissors and start making a little hole in an area of the jeans.
3) Put your fingers in the hole and start pulling so the hole rips and gets bigger. Pulling and ripping it will give the effect of a worn in hole as the edges will fray. Do this on all of the holes you have created to however big or little you would like them.
4) Get your scissors again and start lightly snipping the edges of the hole so they look a little more frayed. Over time this will fray even more and look better with wear. Don’t snip too much, just a tiny amount on the fraying. You don’t want to make slits.
5) If you need a hand you can always ask your kitten to put some holes in the jeans. Haha.
6) Lay your jeans out and look at all of the holes you have made. Check that you have made enough and you are happy with how they look. It helps to try them on in front of a mirror as well so you can see clearly how they look on your body and if you want more holes in a certain area.
7) Here are some close ups of the holes so you can see how they look.
8 ) Put your fishnet tights or lacey tights on and then put your jeans on over the top. The lace and the fishnets will show through the holes you created and will give a different look to the jeans. It helps to buy footless tights. You can buy them in most places. ASOS have a great selection of them. If you don’t have footless it doesn’t matter, you can just wear boots.
9) Voila, you are ready to wear them out! Comment if you have ever done this to your jeans or plan on doing it. I would love to see everyone else’s results.
Rihanna was spotted arriving at Milk Studios in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District wearing Current/Elliott Night Wash Shredded Skinny Jeans. Rihanna hasn’t been wearing jeans too much lately, so I’m glad the paps caught her this time! I think she looks great as always, but I don’t care much for her brown shoe booties with her entire black outfit. You can buy these jeans at Singer22.
Photos Courtesy of Gossipgirls
It has been a while since we have seen this denim diva wear denim! Rihanna was spotted as she arrived at a recording studio in New York City wearing a pair of seriously ripped jeans with fishnets underneath. Rihanna is also sporting a new hairstyle, but not only that, I have to say I predict this trend of tights/nylons/stockings under a pair of destroyed jeans is going to go big. It only makes sense to pair some cute tights under your ripped jeans for the fall and winter months! Can anyone ID Rihanna’s jeans?
Photos Courtesy of Gossipgirls
We see the celebs wear so many different outfits, we thought it would be fun if our readers got to pick their favorite! Here are all the various outfits we have blogged Rihanna in and please vote for your favorite! We mean your favorite by her head to toe outfit, not just her jeans! What do you think she looks best in?
If you hover your mouse over the pictures they each have a number assigned to them for the poll.