Rihanna in Designer Jeans
I am starting to do a blog post each week about a celebs outfit that I love. I adore Rihanna’s outfit here and always have! It’s gorgeous. The aim of these blog posts is to find Rihanna’s entire outfit so you can purchase it, if any of her clothes can’t be found then I will put something really similar in its place. She has on the Current/Elliott ankle zip legging jeans in bluebird which you can purchase here. The earrings are Fallon Hell’s Angel earrings which you can purchase by clicking here. It’s not exactly the same but Nanette Lepore do a very cute silk black top to go in place of Rihanna’s. Elizabeth and James Jean have a gorgeous pair of pointy black ankle boots as well. They are not the same as Rihanna’s but they are very beautiful. If anyone knows the exact brand of Rihanna’s boots please let me know. You can also try Dune’s Romeo shoe boot if you love the suede and leather look. Finish it off with a pair of aviator sunglasses and one of your favourite purses and you are good to go!
Images courtesy of ulitimate-rihanna.com
I decided to do a post on how to rip your jeans and get the fishnets look like we saw on Rihanna. I had a lot of fun doing it and the style actually turned out great, I love it. I do love them more with lace than the fishnets though as it looks a little more classy. It’s really easy to do and I predict it’s going to be a great trend, so if you can’t afford to buy any premium denim that comes out like these then you can do it yourself.
All you need is a pair of scissors, jeans and fishnet/lacey tights.
1) Get an old pair of jeans (or a cheaper pair of jeans you don’t mind destroying). I chose black so the tights do not stand out as much as they would against a blue jean.
2) Get your scissors and start making a little hole in an area of the jeans.
3) Put your fingers in the hole and start pulling so the hole rips and gets bigger. Pulling and ripping it will give the effect of a worn in hole as the edges will fray. Do this on all of the holes you have created to however big or little you would like them.
4) Get your scissors again and start lightly snipping the edges of the hole so they look a little more frayed. Over time this will fray even more and look better with wear. Don’t snip too much, just a tiny amount on the fraying. You don’t want to make slits.
5) If you need a hand you can always ask your kitten to put some holes in the jeans. Haha.
6) Lay your jeans out and look at all of the holes you have made. Check that you have made enough and you are happy with how they look. It helps to try them on in front of a mirror as well so you can see clearly how they look on your body and if you want more holes in a certain area.
7) Here are some close ups of the holes so you can see how they look.
8 ) Put your fishnet tights or lacey tights on and then put your jeans on over the top. The lace and the fishnets will show through the holes you created and will give a different look to the jeans. It helps to buy footless tights. You can buy them in most places. ASOS have a great selection of them. If you don’t have footless it doesn’t matter, you can just wear boots.
9) Voila, you are ready to wear them out! Comment if you have ever done this to your jeans or plan on doing it. I would love to see everyone else’s results.
Rihanna was spotted arriving at Milk Studios in Manhattan’s Meatpacking District wearing Current/Elliott Night Wash Shredded Skinny Jeans. Rihanna hasn’t been wearing jeans too much lately, so I’m glad the paps caught her this time! I think she looks great as always, but I don’t care much for her brown shoe booties with her entire black outfit. You can buy these jeans at Singer22.
Photos Courtesy of Gossipgirls
It has been a while since we have seen this denim diva wear denim! Rihanna was spotted as she arrived at a recording studio in New York City wearing a pair of seriously ripped jeans with fishnets underneath. Rihanna is also sporting a new hairstyle, but not only that, I have to say I predict this trend of tights/nylons/stockings under a pair of destroyed jeans is going to go big. It only makes sense to pair some cute tights under your ripped jeans for the fall and winter months! Can anyone ID Rihanna’s jeans?
Photos Courtesy of Gossipgirls