For this styling post, I got to style 2 of J Brand’s denim shorts! The first pair above is the Low Rise Cut Off shorts in Libra and the second pair below is the Nina shorts in Vintage Black Widow.
For the Cut Off shorts in Libra, I went down the route of keeping it girly and feminine with a Californian vibe. I would wear the front of the Mango Openwork crochet sweater tucked in so that the Riccardo Forconi belt shows, but have it un-tucked at the back. Paired with the Yves Saint Laurent Maryna wooden wedges, Alexander Wang Grey Velvet clutch and Stella McCartney sunglasses, topped off with the Kenneth Jay Lane ring, really creates an easy going yet put together look in my opinion. I would love this outfit.
Styling the Nina shorts in Vintage Black Widow made me go down a bit more of a rough/tough route. I think the black wash with the diagonal hip zippers gives the shorts a tough feel. It inspired me to create a grungy look, but at the same time kept it quite feminine. I chose to pair the shorts with a Lipsy I Love It t-shirt and Pierre Balmain black suede Desi wedges. I added a pop of blue with the Alexander Wang Blue Diego bucket bag. The addition of the ASOS Teal and Silver bangles and a stone set Cocktail ring adds even more hints of colour.
J Brand has loads of great shorts for Summer including styles like their Abby shorts in Coral, which are really fun and fresh! I can’t wait for the weather to warm up so I can start wearing my denim shorts! Which outfit do you like the most? You can shop all of the J Brand Summer Style shorts here.
J Brand is a DenimBlog supporter/sponsor.
Let’s face it, no one REALLY needs help in this category because thats why jeans are awesome… They go with everything. I do, however, think there are some pairs of shoes that make your denim look a little more stylish which is why I have picked out 15 pairs that would compliment your denim perfectly. I’ve broken it down into 3 categories, 5 pairs each with links so that you can go buy those suckers right now if you wish. All of them are within a good range of affordable prices.
1. Leopard Print Platforms by Forever21 $26.80 – These leopard shoes would be great with some flares so the leopard peaks through every now and then, adding and extra pizazz to your outfit.
2. UO Suede Pump by Urban Outfitters $49 - These shoes are made for skinnies. Simple, subtle, a pop of color and a little height will dress those skinnies right up.
3. Desert Striped Wedge Booties by Forever21 $34.80 – The Desert Striped Wedge Booties will pair great with some ripped up jeans shorts and a cute little tank, brightening up the outfit as well as complimenting it.
4. Bonita Sling Back Sandal by CW by Carin Wester from Urban Outfitters $150 – These shoes have so much character with their unique shape and materials. I picture these shoes with a cute denim skirt and a white t-shirt for the all American vibe.
5. Strombeck by Aldo $120 - The Strombeck shoe would be fabulous with a cigarette jean which would give the legs a nice line all the way down to the shoes where they will really pop!
1. Dr. Marten’s 8 Eye Boot from SoleStruck $119.95 - Doc’s are timeless and pretty much go with anything, but when I think of doc’s, I think leggings and a jean jacket. A perfect way to edge up your look.
2. Harness Heel Boot by Dolcetta by Dolce Vita from Urban Outfitters $98 – I’m not kidding when I tell you that these boots will go with everything. Jean shorts, skinnies, cigarette jeans, skirts etc. They’re a great addition to any closet as they will inevitably be a go-to, and will never go out of style.
3. Achieve Elastic Side Boots by Topshop $150 - These boots SCREAM jean shorts. They will be a little big around the ankle which will slim up the appearance of your legs and give you some height while they’re at it, complimenting the jean shorts perfectly.
4. Heather by Sole Society $59.95 - These Heather boots need to be paired with a denim vest… Plain and simple. The contrast of the dark boots with a light denim would be harmonious. Throw a dress under the vest and you got yourself an outfit!
5. Leather Rumble Boot by Jeffery Campbell from Urban Outfitters $155 – S-K-I-N-N-I-E-S!
1. Leggat by Aldo $70 - The Leggat shoe would be wonderful paired with a body con high waisted denim skirt and a tube top with some sunnies. The perfect summer look with a pop of color.
2. Pollard by Aldo $70 - Loving these Pollards with some skinny jeans, a hat and a baggy, vintage t-shirt…the perfect casual look.
3. Sweetheart d’Orsay Flatform Wedge by Ecote from Urban Outfitters $59 – Flatforms are not for everyone, but I think this pair is something special. These flatforms aren’t too crazy, they will go with anything because of the taupe color suede and have a cute design. These would be great with a number of denim including skinnies, shorts or a skirt.
4. LIzzie Woven Ballet Flat by Sole Society $49.95 – Hippie/boho at it’s finest! These woven ballet flats would be perfect with some bells or flares to encourage that boho look. Add some flowers in your hair and your hippie look is complete.
5. Skipper Strip Boat Shoe by Keds $55 - These Ked’s are such a great price and so stylish! I would love to see these with a pair of skinnies or shorts for a casual day at the beach.
This week I got to style two Givenchy pieces (the shoes and the bag) for SSENSE which I chose to put with one of my favourite pairs of Rag & Bone jeans; their skinnies in Oil Stain. As the bag gave me a sailor inspired vibe, but the shoes kept it feminine, I went down the route of mixing wood, browns, creams and stripes to really add to the effect. This outfit does remind me of being on board a yacht so I added the sunglasses to finish it off.
The items in this outfit are the Givenchy Black Medium Antigona Tote, the Givenchy Black Corrine Strap Wedges, a pair of Rag & Bone Skinny jeans in Oil Stain, a Helmut Lang White Arid Crepe Sweater, some Elizabeth & James Biscayne Sunglasses, a Marc by Marc Jacobs Brown Wooden Bolt Bangle and a Proenza Schouler Brown Braided Waist Belt.
I definitely have fun styling the different products for you all to see. I like being able to pick different styles and different outfits, so there is something for everyone. I really love the Givenchy wedges though, they are definitely a statement shoe! What do you all think of the bag? Does it give you that sailor vibe too? I can definitely see it working with a pair of boat shoes, cuffed chinos and a casual blazer too!