A great pair of jeans can be the foundation to a fabulous outfit. I was excited to style another outfit around these J Brand skinny jeans from SSENSE, which are on sale right now along with over 3,600 other styles. I chose these because personally I prefer dark wash jeans and find them to be very versatile, pairing well with a variety of colors. J Brand’s impeccable and flattering fit makes these jeans a great wardrobe staple.
I think these jeans make such a good base for this outfit, but I wanted to contrast the slim fit and dark wash with some other pieces. I chose this floral blouse from Vanessa Bruno because it is so delicate and perfect for summer. To keep the outfit from being too cutesy, I chose a pair of nude studded heels from Alexander McQueen, which add a nice edge to the outfit and toughen up the delicate blouse. Lastly, I added some color with an enamel ring from YSL and a bright clutch by Lanvin.
SSENSE is a DenimBlog supporter/sponsor.
When I saw these Siwy Camilla in Merry-Go-Round shorts (click here to purchase) I had to style them. I love the detail and color of these shorts. There is a subtlety about them, but yet they still stand out amongst the rest. Plus they are Siwy shorts so they are for sure to be great fitting. Also being that Summer is coming up, it is just a great alternative to the classic denim shorts. Check out the three looks that I came up with for these shorts and click their names to purchase the pieces below.
This has to be my favorite look out of the three, being that it is most my style in a feminine way. I paired the shorts with rings galore by TOMTOM Jewelry, Sunahara, Anatara, Alushia Sanchia, Low Luv, Luv AJ, Rejoice The Hands, an IRO Tonal Utah Sweater, Love Quotes Scarf, and Jimmy Choo Moccasins. I just love the color of this whole look. I think the turquoise plays really well with the color of the shorts. I say you can wear this during a casual day out or for errands.
This is the look that you can wear to go to a party during the summer. I love the pairing of red and brown together and these Rag & Bone Durham boots are just another match made in heaven for these shorts. I also paired them with a Blue Life Barebelly with Low Back tank and a 3.1 Phillip Lim Two-Tone Leather Jacket. Yes, I know Summer and Leather is an oxymoron. Though there are cooler summer nights. Plus this leather jacket is sick. What other reason is there to wear it?
I decided to do one look that is clean and that can go easily from day to night. I paired the shorts with a Hussein Chayalan White Panel Button Up, Rag & Bone Newbury Boots, and a Smythe Blazer I like that you can either tuck in the shirt to show off more of the detail on the shorts or leave it untucked and have it peep out from underneath. Another thing that I love about this look is that you can also wear it without the blazer to show off the detail on the back of the shirt. I find the pink to be a nice compliment to the red.
For this styling post, I got to style 2 of J Brand’s denim shorts! The first pair above is the Low Rise Cut Off shorts in Libra and the second pair below is the Nina shorts in Vintage Black Widow.
For the Cut Off shorts in Libra, I went down the route of keeping it girly and feminine with a Californian vibe. I would wear the front of the Mango Openwork crochet sweater tucked in so that the Riccardo Forconi belt shows, but have it un-tucked at the back. Paired with the Yves Saint Laurent Maryna wooden wedges, Alexander Wang Grey Velvet clutch and Stella McCartney sunglasses, topped off with the Kenneth Jay Lane ring, really creates an easy going yet put together look in my opinion. I would love this outfit.
Styling the Nina shorts in Vintage Black Widow made me go down a bit more of a rough/tough route. I think the black wash with the diagonal hip zippers gives the shorts a tough feel. It inspired me to create a grungy look, but at the same time kept it quite feminine. I chose to pair the shorts with a Lipsy I Love It t-shirt and Pierre Balmain black suede Desi wedges. I added a pop of blue with the Alexander Wang Blue Diego bucket bag. The addition of the ASOS Teal and Silver bangles and a stone set Cocktail ring adds even more hints of colour.
J Brand has loads of great shorts for Summer including styles like their Abby shorts in Coral, which are really fun and fresh! I can’t wait for the weather to warm up so I can start wearing my denim shorts! Which outfit do you like the most? You can shop all of the J Brand Summer Style shorts here.
J Brand is a DenimBlog supporter/sponsor.
Let’s face it, no one REALLY needs help in this category because thats why jeans are awesome… They go with everything. I do, however, think there are some pairs of shoes that make your denim look a little more stylish which is why I have picked out 15 pairs that would compliment your denim perfectly. I’ve broken it down into 3 categories, 5 pairs each with links so that you can go buy those suckers right now if you wish. All of them are within a good range of affordable prices.
1. Leopard Print Platforms by Forever21 $26.80 – These leopard shoes would be great with some flares so the leopard peaks through every now and then, adding and extra pizazz to your outfit.
2. UO Suede Pump by Urban Outfitters $49 - These shoes are made for skinnies. Simple, subtle, a pop of color and a little height will dress those skinnies right up.
3. Desert Striped Wedge Booties by Forever21 $34.80 – The Desert Striped Wedge Booties will pair great with some ripped up jeans shorts and a cute little tank, brightening up the outfit as well as complimenting it.
4. Bonita Sling Back Sandal by CW by Carin Wester from Urban Outfitters $150 – These shoes have so much character with their unique shape and materials. I picture these shoes with a cute denim skirt and a white t-shirt for the all American vibe.
5. Strombeck by Aldo $120 - The Strombeck shoe would be fabulous with a cigarette jean which would give the legs a nice line all the way down to the shoes where they will really pop!
1. Dr. Marten’s 8 Eye Boot from SoleStruck $119.95 - Doc’s are timeless and pretty much go with anything, but when I think of doc’s, I think leggings and a jean jacket. A perfect way to edge up your look.
2. Harness Heel Boot by Dolcetta by Dolce Vita from Urban Outfitters $98 – I’m not kidding when I tell you that these boots will go with everything. Jean shorts, skinnies, cigarette jeans, skirts etc. They’re a great addition to any closet as they will inevitably be a go-to, and will never go out of style.
3. Achieve Elastic Side Boots by Topshop $150 - These boots SCREAM jean shorts. They will be a little big around the ankle which will slim up the appearance of your legs and give you some height while they’re at it, complimenting the jean shorts perfectly.
4. Heather by Sole Society $59.95 - These Heather boots need to be paired with a denim vest… Plain and simple. The contrast of the dark boots with a light denim would be harmonious. Throw a dress under the vest and you got yourself an outfit!
5. Leather Rumble Boot by Jeffery Campbell from Urban Outfitters $155 – S-K-I-N-N-I-E-S!
1. Leggat by Aldo $70 - The Leggat shoe would be wonderful paired with a body con high waisted denim skirt and a tube top with some sunnies. The perfect summer look with a pop of color.
2. Pollard by Aldo $70 - Loving these Pollards with some skinny jeans, a hat and a baggy, vintage t-shirt…the perfect casual look.
3. Sweetheart d’Orsay Flatform Wedge by Ecote from Urban Outfitters $59 – Flatforms are not for everyone, but I think this pair is something special. These flatforms aren’t too crazy, they will go with anything because of the taupe color suede and have a cute design. These would be great with a number of denim including skinnies, shorts or a skirt.
4. LIzzie Woven Ballet Flat by Sole Society $49.95 – Hippie/boho at it’s finest! These woven ballet flats would be perfect with some bells or flares to encourage that boho look. Add some flowers in your hair and your hippie look is complete.
5. Skipper Strip Boat Shoe by Keds $55 - These Ked’s are such a great price and so stylish! I would love to see these with a pair of skinnies or shorts for a casual day at the beach.