Designer Jean Look Books
Here are a few of the highlighted images from the Fall 2011 Men’s Agave Denim Look Book.
Designer Jeff Shafer focuses as always on fabric and fit. He considers designing an art and only works with hand-picked luxury fabrics from boutique mills in Japan and Italy and U.S. Supima cotton. For Fall 2011 he has created new finishes and vintaged washes in a variety of fits and the collection has continued to expand beyond denim with broad range of luxury Supima cotton knits and T-shirts, merino wool sweaters and leather jackets.
Jeff top picks for Fall are:
· Denim in vintage black and colored yarndye denim in muted Autumn hues offer new options to indigo.
· Agave Gold label . Every season Shafer offers new limited edition selvage jeans that are numbered and signed. This season dark “1930’s rinse” selvage from Cone White Oak. Has the look but not the feel of raw denim.
· Denim and cord with some stretch for comfort without losing the authentic denim look or feel…stretch for guys. Most fabrics Shafer uses 98/2 percent cotton elastane as this gives comfort and yet retains shape.
· Cotton moleskin and flannel in jean and jean/trouser fits.
· Vintaged- looking Italian cords including the beautiful deep indigo cord with denim washing and hand-finishing.
· Denim and twill shirts with tailored details.
Here are a few highlighted images from the Fall 2011 Women’s Look Book for Agave Denim. Fall 2011 is Lauren Shafer’s first full collection after hiatus to be a stay at home mom.
Jeff Shafer persuaded her to return to designing as the kids are older and now Jeff and Lauren design the collection together. Lauren is really fanatical about fit as she is a trained pattern maker and made all of her own first samples this season. She only works with hand-picked luxury fabrics. Her first Fall collection includes over 17 different fits of jeans, jeggings and trousers in both indigo and novelty fabrics so there is something to suit everyone. In addition she has designed both fashion and basic knits and sweaters in Supima cotton and cotton blends and beautiful leather jackets. I love the cords with the ankle buttons!
Laurens top picks for Fall are:
· Dark Denim in supersoft, Superstetch fabrics and using less water in the wash process through a “Ozone washing”.
· Colored denim in colors such as the top seller gothic grape.
· Luxury italian cords carefully vintaged and washed like denim in variety of colors and fits.
· Beautiful Indigo cord as a Fall alternative to blue denim.
· Luxury velvets from Italy in the Chica jegging in red and black.
Here is the Fall/Winter 2011 Look Book for the boutique Trilogy. I love it when actual shops come out with a Look Book as you get to see all of the items they are expected to get in. Trilogy feature a lot of the gorgeous deep red denim that is popping up everywhere at the moment including J Brand, Citizens of Humanity and more! They also feature the waxed denim trend as well as leather jeans, flares and more! I love this Look Book!
Here is a preview of the men’s Spring/Summer 2012 Look Book for Doctrine Jeans. The forces behind Doctrine have over 30 years combined experience in all aspects of the fashion business and pride themselves on their expertise in washes, cuts, and fabric knowledge.
The design team is made up of forward thinking creatives who quickly translate the trends while keeping the jeans classic. Each pair of Doctrine Jeans are highly detailed and tailored, while remaining true to the brands mission to remain understated and timeless. Doctrine hopes to provide the perfect pair of jeans to their customers by constantly evolving, staying on trend and never sacrificing on quality. I think, judging by this Look Book, they did that. What do you think of the preview styles? I also love the setting and location, the photos look like they have been kissed by the evening sunlight and they look pretty.