Ashley Greene was seen out on the set of her new film, The Apparition. The film is about a supernatural occurrence that affects a college couple. Speaking of couples, Ashley is apparently dating Joe Jonas, and the two have been photographed out together quite a lot in the past few days. What do you think of them as a couple?
Ashley looked casual on set, wearing a silky blouse, cropped jeans and brogues. Ashley’s jeans are J Brand’s 926 seven-eighths cropped jeans in Dark Vintage. Ashley is a big J Brand fan, she’s worn this pair as well as a pair of their shorts quite a few times before. Buy J Brand jeans at Boutique To You.
Singer22 is giving one lucky DenimBlog reader the chance to WIN a pair of the brand new J Brand Agnes jeans in Stealth! These jeans are one of the hottest at the moment, they have been seen on Rihanna and Katherine Heigl so far and many more celebs to come! Would you like to own a pair? The leather look trend is one that is here to stay throughout Winter and it’s great for everyone as it’s an animal friendly fabric at a more affordable price! Not to mention the zippers on these jeans are HOT!
All you have to do to enter this contest is leave a comment on this blog post with your name, a valid email address and your country of residence and tell us why you think you should win! It’s as simple as that!
The contest is open worldwide and will be running for 2 weeks, it will end on the 18th October 2010. The winner will be selected by Singer22 after the contest has ended. Your email addresses (if placed in the email address box provided) will be viewable by both DenimBlog and Singer22 only. A huge thank you to our sponsor Singer22 for this amazing giveaway and good luck everyone!
The runways of New York, London, Milan, Paris, and Japan are probably the places where they take risk. Now many designers aren’t just doing it for the women. Many of the men’s looks are are also just as slim, extravagant, and simple. Here are my top 10 men’s denim looks from Fashion Week.
10. Robert Geller Spring 2011: This collection along with the Dries Van Noten would probably have to be my favorite collections. I am such a fan of the long light-weight jackets that both collections had to offer. I also find the color palette of camels, greens, blues and grays to be amazing, mostly due to that is all my closet consists of. But still every piece was well tailored to give a relaxed feel.
9. Diesel Black Gold Spring 2011: I love the mono-chromatics of the greens and browns of this look. The looks from this collection mostly stuck to one color for each look. But this one has to be my favorite. The pieces are clean, but not too clean with the help of the distressing.
8. Robert Geller Spring 2011: The denim jacket is still a trend that is going strong for the men and this look just screams warmer weather for the men. I like that they paired the jacket with khaki shorts (which is also a trend right now) instead of a full length pant. The layering and styling also adds a cool boho feel to the look.
7. G-Star Raw Spring 2011: The desert was the inspiration for this collection. This look is great for just a night out. It is dressed up with the blazer, yet the look is kept fresh by using beige instead of the usual black and gray.
6. Simon Spurr Spring 2011: This is probably one of the most cleanest silhouettes that I chose. Everything is so well tailored that it doesn’t need much else. The clothes just speak for themselves.
5. Dries Van Noten Spring 2011: I wasn’t really a fan of the bleached trend until I saw this collection. A majority of the pieces were bleached and it also had the trend of the moment, denim jackets with trousers. I love how relaxed this look is from head to toe.
4. Dries Van Noten Spring 2011: This has to be my favorite look from this Dries collection. I love the tan panels that are on this jacket. They give a modern twist to the classic jacket. I also love the color palette, though there isn’t much.
3. Simon Spurr Spring 2011: I wouldn’t wear this look myself, but I do think it is the boldest. Not many designers would send a look down for the men in the color palette of Valentine’s Day, but it works here. I like that the risk was taken.
2. Robert Geller Spring 2011: The denim jacket with trousers is probably the biggest trend right now for the men. I just love the look of trousers paired with a denim jacket and having it be all black is a plus to me. I am a huge fan of the all black. I just love black clothing, I can’t get enough of it.
1. Robert Geller Spring 2011: This one has to be my favorite of them all. I would rock this look anytime during any season. I find the jacket to be perfect (I love that it is long) and the olive green is great too. I find that military green is a seasonless color, you can just through it over many pieces and it will look great. The jeans here are also just amazing. They have an amazing fit and a great wash. The only thing I could do without is the headband.
This weeks review is on a brand that has just launched by a celebrity we all know and love at DenimBlog, Jessica Simpson. She recently added denim to her fantastic Jessica Simpson collection and I was really surprised by what I found when I tried them!
At first, I thought to myself, since these jeans don’t cost very much, they can’t be very good as I really only trust the premium denim brands to get it right, but… I was very wrong. I was incredibly taken aback by the fit of these denim leggings actually, they fit like a glove and they are very skinny all the way down to the ankle. I didn’t think the pocket placement on these jeans would be in the right place either, again thinking they were too cheap for anyone to care about that, but they are. They are in the perfect position to give your butt that lifted and rounded look that everyone loves to achieve. The rise is a medium rise and a very good height for a jegging in my opinion. I also love that the logo on the back pocket is very simple, it’s subtle and not over the top as you can see.
The wash on these jeggings I can’t say much about as it is just a pure black. It’s not the blackest wash I have ever seen but it is very dark and of course, like every black jeans I own, they are a hair magnet, haha. The good thing about this wash though is it literally goes with anything and these jeans are exceptionally comfortable, you could sleep in them if you wanted, they honestly are that comfy. I love how they feel against the skin, they are beautiful. The tags on these jeans are incredibly pretty too! They are very detailed and very cute. I know nobody cares about the tags but I personally love it when a brand makes an effort right down to things like the tags, the bags etc, it shows they care about their product.
I decided to style these jeans a little different to the clothes I normally wear which are quite girly, I thought I would opt for a more edgier look as I don’t often wear black jeans. I like excuses to try new styles!
Now combined with the price tag of these jeans being only $49! Yep, $49! and the great attention to detail the Jessica Simpson team have given to these jeans, I would say they are a win win and you should definitely own a pair! They look like they are cut for real women with curves and that’s fantastic! Buy these jeans online at the Jessica Simpson site for only… $49! I still can’t get over that price, seriously!
Jeans courtesy of Jessica Simpson Denim.