The runways of New York, London, Milan, Paris, and Japan are probably the places where they take risk. Now many designers aren’t just doing it for the women. Many of the men’s looks are are also just as slim, extravagant, and simple. Here are my top 10 men’s denim looks from Fashion Week.
10. Robert Geller Spring 2011: This collection along with the Dries Van Noten would probably have to be my favorite collections. I am such a fan of the long light-weight jackets that both collections had to offer. I also find the color palette of camels, greens, blues and grays to be amazing, mostly due to that is all my closet consists of. But still every piece was well tailored to give a relaxed feel.
9. Diesel Black Gold Spring 2011: I love the mono-chromatics of the greens and browns of this look. The looks from this collection mostly stuck to one color for each look. But this one has to be my favorite. The pieces are clean, but not too clean with the help of the distressing.
8. Robert Geller Spring 2011: The denim jacket is still a trend that is going strong for the men and this look just screams warmer weather for the men. I like that they paired the jacket with khaki shorts (which is also a trend right now) instead of a full length pant. The layering and styling also adds a cool boho feel to the look.
7. G-Star Raw Spring 2011: The desert was the inspiration for this collection. This look is great for just a night out. It is dressed up with the blazer, yet the look is kept fresh by using beige instead of the usual black and gray.
6. Simon Spurr Spring 2011: This is probably one of the most cleanest silhouettes that I chose. Everything is so well tailored that it doesn’t need much else. The clothes just speak for themselves.
5. Dries Van Noten Spring 2011: I wasn’t really a fan of the bleached trend until I saw this collection. A majority of the pieces were bleached and it also had the trend of the moment, denim jackets with trousers. I love how relaxed this look is from head to toe.
4. Dries Van Noten Spring 2011: This has to be my favorite look from this Dries collection. I love the tan panels that are on this jacket. They give a modern twist to the classic jacket. I also love the color palette, though there isn’t much.
3. Simon Spurr Spring 2011: I wouldn’t wear this look myself, but I do think it is the boldest. Not many designers would send a look down for the men in the color palette of Valentine’s Day, but it works here. I like that the risk was taken.
2. Robert Geller Spring 2011: The denim jacket with trousers is probably the biggest trend right now for the men. I just love the look of trousers paired with a denim jacket and having it be all black is a plus to me. I am a huge fan of the all black. I just love black clothing, I can’t get enough of it.
1. Robert Geller Spring 2011: This one has to be my favorite of them all. I would rock this look anytime during any season. I find the jacket to be perfect (I love that it is long) and the olive green is great too. I find that military green is a seasonless color, you can just through it over many pieces and it will look great. The jeans here are also just amazing. They have an amazing fit and a great wash. The only thing I could do without is the headband.
This weeks review is on a brand that has just launched by a celebrity we all know and love at DenimBlog, Jessica Simpson. She recently added denim to her fantastic Jessica Simpson collection and I was really surprised by what I found when I tried them!
At first, I thought to myself, since these jeans don’t cost very much, they can’t be very good as I really only trust the premium denim brands to get it right, but… I was very wrong. I was incredibly taken aback by the fit of these denim leggings actually, they fit like a glove and they are very skinny all the way down to the ankle. I didn’t think the pocket placement on these jeans would be in the right place either, again thinking they were too cheap for anyone to care about that, but they are. They are in the perfect position to give your butt that lifted and rounded look that everyone loves to achieve. The rise is a medium rise and a very good height for a jegging in my opinion. I also love that the logo on the back pocket is very simple, it’s subtle and not over the top as you can see.
The wash on these jeggings I can’t say much about as it is just a pure black. It’s not the blackest wash I have ever seen but it is very dark and of course, like every black jeans I own, they are a hair magnet, haha. The good thing about this wash though is it literally goes with anything and these jeans are exceptionally comfortable, you could sleep in them if you wanted, they honestly are that comfy. I love how they feel against the skin, they are beautiful. The tags on these jeans are incredibly pretty too! They are very detailed and very cute. I know nobody cares about the tags but I personally love it when a brand makes an effort right down to things like the tags, the bags etc, it shows they care about their product.
I decided to style these jeans a little different to the clothes I normally wear which are quite girly, I thought I would opt for a more edgier look as I don’t often wear black jeans. I like excuses to try new styles!
Now combined with the price tag of these jeans being only $49! Yep, $49! and the great attention to detail the Jessica Simpson team have given to these jeans, I would say they are a win win and you should definitely own a pair! They look like they are cut for real women with curves and that’s fantastic! Buy these jeans online at the Jessica Simpson site for only… $49! I still can’t get over that price, seriously!
Jeans courtesy of Jessica Simpson Denim.
I’ve piled together a list of my top 10 places to buy jeans online. They are in alphabetical order as I can’t choose between my favourite places, they are all great for different denim and different countries. Where are some of your favourite places to shop?
Being from the UK, ASOS is one of my go to websites for all sorts of clothing. They stock a huge range of designer jeans and they have amazing sales! Their shipping and returns are both free within the UK and they ship worldwide too. They often have great discount codes and they also feature a catwalk video so you can see how the clothes/jeans really look when walking. It also stocks men’s as well as women’s.
Boutique To You is a favourite online store among the US readers because it stocks a huge range of celebrity style clothing. It’s easy to navigate and they stock a very big range of premium denim. They also use a lot of celebrity photos to show the items for sale.
Coggles is a great online store for the UK readers! It stocks a lot of the brands that you can’t often find anywhere else and it’s really easy to navigate. The store also supports the up and coming designers so they have a lot of unique items for sale. When they have their sales, they have amazing discounts! It also stocks men’s as well as women’s.
Donna Ida is one of my favourite online stores to shop from! It stocks almost every brand you can think of and it’s perfect for those of you who live in Europe and need to find a specific brand of jeans but you can’t find them anywhere else. They have amazing customer service and such a wide selection of clothes to choose from. They also often participate in charity events, the most recent being a denim drive with Lily Allen. Their shipping is one of the fastest I have seen too!
Net-A-Porter is a fantastic site for denim and other designer clothes! They stock the rarer brands like Balmain as well as the mainstream premium denim brands. It’s a fantastic site for buying higher end designer items and the packaging you receive your items in is beautiful! Not to mention the shipping time is one the fastest I have ever seen! They also have free returns and they are a world wide company! You can’t go wrong!
Revolve is one of the main go to websites for premium denim as they stock almost every brand! Even the brands that are just starting out and the not so popular brands of denim. Revolve also stocks a really wide selection of jeans from each premium denim brand. They ship worldwide and they have amazing customer service! Everyone loves Revolve Clothing! They also have reviews and fit information on their products. It stocks men’s as well as women’s too.
Shopbop is another favourite online site for denim buying! It stocks many different premium denim brands as well as the not so well known brands. They also ship worldwide and have amazing sales! The site is very easy to navigate too and the jeans are modeled very well.
Singer22 is one of my all time favourites! It stocks so many brands and it was one of the first websites to start using celebrity photos to sell the products. It also stocks the rare jeans which are hard to find and it has a lot of jeans in many washes. Like the J Brand Houlihan cargo pants for example, they stocked every wash. They have great customer service but their international shipping is a little high in price because they use express and insured. But for the US readers, it’s an amazing place to buy from, celebs are a fan too!
Ssense is a website which stocks brands like Diesel and Nudie which are not too easy to find on other websites. The prices can be a little high sometimes but they have some amazing denim in stock and really good photos of the products.
Private Sales Websites
Private Sale websites are one of the best places to get your premium jeans at a huge discount! Places like Gilt Groupe, Hautelook, Rue La La, Beyond The Rack, The Sample Sale, Modnique, Cocosa, Secret Sales etc all have denim sales at some point, mostly every week and the prices can be as little as $50! Also the discount sites like The Outnet is fantastic! It’s the sister site of Net-A-Porter and has their past season clothes with up to 70% off! Make sure you only buy from the Private Sale websites that DenimBlog lists because there are so many around, not all of them are authentic. To see the private sales happening each week, please click here.
We are kicking off our live from Project 2010 videos in Las Vegas with a brand we all know and love, Diesel! Diesel will be bringing out a collection of Denim Leggings for Spring/Summer 2011 and I can’t wait to see them! The amazing fit of Diesel jeans but with the comfort of leggings? Who can say no to that! Enjoy the video!