1. Don’t wear jeans that are too tight. Stay away from muffin top! Size up in the waist to ensure proper fit. If they are too loose in the leg, consider taking them to a tailor.
2. Don’t wear jeans that are too short. Wearing jeans that are too short can make the leg look shorter than it actually is. Concentrate on finding a pair that hits a couple of inches below the ankle bone, which will elongate the leg. If you’re tall, check out the Wiki on finding longer length jeans.
Lorna’s note – For the length, you should always make sure your jeans cover your heels, it looks much better than if your shoes are showing, unless you are wearing skinnies. The hem should be about a cm off the floor. It will make your legs look incredibly long!
3. Don’t wear jeans that have distressing and bleaching on the legs. This can make hips and thighs look bigger than they actually are. Look for jeans that are a solid dark color, this creates a slimming look.
4. Don’t wear jeans that are too big. The baggy boyfriend style is popular and trendy, however, it can be unflattering if it’s too big. Make sure they fit properly.
5. Don’t wear decals. Printed jeans are becoming increasingly popular but if you’re going to try this trend, opt for all over pattern, rather than airbrushing and spotted decals.
6. Don’t wear jeans that are too low. Low riding jeans were popular but avoid anything too low. Showing your underwear is just tacky. More and more designers are producing higher rise jeans so you can avoid being an exhibitionist.
Stars, they’re just like us! Jessica Alba spent her weekend stocking up on bulk items at Costco. Leaving the store, she was stopped by fans asking for photos, so I guess it’s a little different than my shopping trips!
Jessica looked chic in an all black outfit, topped off with a beret. She was wearing denim leggings by Charley 5.0. Jessica has worn Charley 5.0 denim leggings quite a few times before. You can purchase Charley 5.0 leggings at Boutique To You.
Each week DenimBlog is going to pick a few favourite denim items from the wonderful company, Boutique To You. This week I have highlighted the new Wildfox skinny leggings in red, J Brand Radar Legging in Black Sateen, AG Adriano Goldschmied Ex-Boyfriend jeans in 17 Years, 7 For All Mankind Trousers with pleats in Dark Rinse and Pray For Mother Nature Action Jackson Jeans.
All of these jeans are great for this season and they are all different so there is something for everyone. All you need to do is click the images to buy the jeans or you can shop all of their denim at Boutique To You.
Boutique To You is a DenimBlog sponsor.
This weeks review is on a brand of jeans that belong in my top 3, 7 For All Mankind! I’m very fond of this brand because of how amazing their fits are and the range of different washes they come out with. It’s a brand that’s definitely not afraid to experiment and I love that!
I have had these 7 For All Mankind Slashed Knee Gwenevere jeans in Shaia for a while now and I have been living in them. They are just so comfortable! They have 3% stretch and the denim is so soft, they actually almost feel like a jegging but a bit thicker. They have the perfect Gwenevere cut which is actually my favourite cut from the brand, it’s super skinny all the way to the ankle, the rise is the perfect height and they have the classic 7 For All Mankind signature pocket design. I definitely can’t fault the fit of these jeans! I get compliments on the Gwenevere fit quite often because of how flattering it is, it’s definitely a cut I would recommend for anyone wanting skinny jeans from the brand.
Lately, I have been falling for the medium/lighter washes more so than the darker ones, which is odd because I normally like the light washes for Summer and the darker ones for Winter, I think I have done it backwards this year! The wash has a grainy feel to it, it looks like it has mini dots all over it because of how it’s put on the denim, it actually looks like it’s been brushed on but it hasn’t. I love that it looks so different, it really gives it character and the rips in the knees I like a lot too, they make the jeans feel less boring, I’m definitely always up for giving different aesthetics to jeans to make them look different. Now since it’s getting colder, I need these jeans without the slashed knees so I can stay warm!
The photos do make these jeans look a bit darker than they actually are in real life, I would say the Revolve stock photos are quite close to their original wash. I definitely can’t fault anything about this pair either, I love everything about them! Buy these jeans in the sale at Revolve for only $129!
Jeans courtesy of 7 For All Mankind.