1. The Cargo Pant: J Brand ignited this trend with the launch of the Houlihan pant in early 2010. Pretty soon, they were showing up on almost every celebrity. Not soon after that, almost every major brand was releasing their own style. You can read more about this trend here.
2. Jeggings: A cross between leggings and jeans, jeggings began to gain popularity last year. This year however, they became increasingly more popular. Almost every company has released their own iteration of the trend.
3. Waxed Denim: A play off the leggings trend, Waxed Denim is a great way to add a little more polish to an outfit than leggings. An increasing number of brands are playing around with this trend and I think that it will become even more popular in the next year. You can read more about the trend in Jonathan’s post here.
4. Wide-Leg: While skinny jeans have become a staple, wide-leg jeans are making their way back in. More and more brands have released wide-leg styles. They’ve been popping up on both runways and celebrities and I predict will gain even more popularity in 2011.
5. Chambray: Chambray is a perfect option for spring and summer. It began to gain popularity last year but with more designers using it in their collections, I think it’s a trend that will continue into 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
6. Jean Jackets: While jeans jackets have always been classic, there has been an increase in styles and washes offered. Plus, we’ve seen a rise in the popularity of denim-on-denim again. You can go trendy with a moto style or classic with a dark wash and traditional cut, either way, make a denim jacket part of your closet.
7. Boyfriend Jeans: While 2009 was certainly the year of the Boyfriend jean, it did trail into 2010.
8. Studs: Studs, Studs, Studs. From a couple of studs on the seams or all over, studs were a big trend for 2010. They’re a great DIY and an easy way to make an old pair of jeans trendy again.
9. Color: From Pastels to brights, Colored denim was a popular option for adding a little oomph to an outfit. I think colored denim is going to continue it’s popularity into the 2011. You can read more about this trend here.
10. High-Waisted Jeans: For years, jeans rises were getting lower and lower. Recently, there’s been a rise in, well, rises. High-waisted jeans are making a come back. This is a difficult trend to pull off, even a few celebrities have had trouble making it work. While it may not be the most flattering trend, hopefully it’ll lead away super low rises! What are your favorite trends?
Do you love putting together outfits? Can you make a million different outfits with your favorite pair of jeans? Maybe you just really like what you’re wearing today?
Either way, we want to know what you’re wearing today!
DenimBlog is starting a new feature: What Are You Wearing Today? A feature that is all about our readers! We want to see how you style your jeans on a daily basis. Just snap a couple of photos of you wearing your most creative and fashionable outfit, and send them in. Twice a month, we’ll post the images of you and your amazing outfits on the homepage of DenimBlog!
This is your chance to flex your fashion muscle and maybe even win some prizes.
It’s easy: Throw together your best outfit, including at least one denim piece. Take at least two quality shots of you wearing your outfit. Write a brief summary (what you’re wearing) and then post them to the thread on the forum. ´╗┐We’ll look them over and then post our favorites in a blog post twice a month.
People have already started posting their outfits on the forum and you can get tips and ideas here. If you’d like to have your outfit posted on the blog, head over to this Forum to get started! We’ll be posting the first round of outfits the week of December 27th (DEADLINE has been EXTENDED!), so get your entries in!
We love the holiday season here at DenimBlog and we wanted to wish you all a very happy holidays! We really appreciate all of the readers and those of you who are avid followers and adore denim as much as we do! Hopefully your gifts this season are filled with lots of jeans, denim items and fun! And we hope to make 2011 even more filled with denim than 2010! If that’s possible, haha! Enjoy your holidays everyone! Do you have any jeans on your wish list that you are hoping to get?
Here is another review on a pair of Denimocracy jeans. These are quite the opposite to my previous review in which I wore a pair of skinny leggings. These are their Trouser denim leggings in Eclipse wash. I was really intrigued by these because I hadn’t yet seen a pair of flared jeans but in a denim legging material, denim leggings are always skinny jeans.
These are actually the comfiest flares that I own due to the legging material, the material of these is really thin and stretchy just like a very thin pair of jeggings. They are a trouser style with no back pockets and a flare that starts at the knees. When I first pulled these out of the package, I was quite apprehensive about them to be honest, I didn’t think they would be any good. I was pleased to find I was wrong but there is one point I would like to make about them.
Because of the material being thin it doesn’t have any strength or sturdiness to it so the actual flare and silhouette of the trousers doesn’t sit that well when worn. The flare goes a bit baggy and a bit flimsy, it’s not like a proper pair of denim flares where they hold their shape really well. You can see from the photos that they crease up quite a bit. That’s the only downfall I have about these because they are just so comfy and slim fitting everywhere else, there are no other complaints. I can’t really talk about the wash either as it’s just a plain, dark navy blue, it’s very classic and quite smart.
Again, these are really affordable! They are only $97 like most of Denimocracy’s collection. I don’t think I could wear these without a longer top though, the lack of back pockets and the very thin material makes them a lot like leggings and I’m really uncomfortable wearing leggings without longer tops. Buy these at Boutique To You for only $97!