I met up with Paige Adams-Geller of Paige Premium Denim twice this week. The first time was at the Donna Ida store in Westfield Mall as she was there for 3 hours on Saturday helping out the customers. The Donna Ida store is amazing! They have such a big wall of denim and a ladder that slides across like an old fashioned library so you can reach the denim at the top. There is also a beautiful custom made denim chair, it’s patchwork and so pretty! I caught up with Paige a little bit there and had chance to check out some of the new denim.
The second time I met Paige was yesterday, we went for lunch for a few hours and had chance to catch up even more and of course speak about denim. Paige just gets nicer and nicer each time I meet her, if that’s even possible! She is lovely! I’m really glad I’m able to chat with Paige and share our love for denim. She has definitely become like a big sister! Like I normally say in these posts, you should definitely meet her if you get the chance, she truly is one of the most amazing people! I also got to meet Allie from the brand for the first time! She’s beautiful! She’s camera shy though so I wont post a photo, haha. I met Donna from Donna Ida too briefly, she’s so sweet. You can see the other times I met up with Paige here, here and here.
In the above photos, Paige and I were both wearing Verdugo jeggings and in the below photo (the jeans can’t be seen) I was wearing the Curson cargos and Paige had on a pair that are not out yet.
Rich Stitch is a newer sponsor of ours and they stock a wide range of James Jeans. They have lots of styles for both men and women and they are also offering you DenimBlog readers a 15% off coupon. All you have to do is enter the code: denimblog at the checkout and your discount will be applied. Rich Stitch is a fairly new company that is growing by the day, they will be introducing new brands throughout the year and will be having promotions on the the current and future brands for you DenimBlog fans. They have a 50% sale at the moment as well, but it’s a final sale so the items can not be returned, only exchanged or given store credit for the amount, minus the shipping charges. Click here to start shopping at Rich Stitch.
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and got lots of denim! I didn’t get chance to do a review last week due to the holidays but this weeks review is on a pair of leggings I have had for a while, Charley 5.0 skinny mini leggings in light grey.
Even though I have had these for a long time, this is actually the first time I have worn them. I always find Charley 5.0′s leggings to be more of a Summer pair, the reason being, they are really thin and they don’t keep you very warm. The fabric is kind of like paper so they cling a lot to your body and hug every inch of you. The one thing that suprises me so much about Charley 5.0 is the amount of stretch in the leggings, when I first got them, like my others, they look incredibly small and almost like you would have no chance of getting into them, but after a while of tugging and pulling you do manage to get them on.
They have no back pockets, just a seam that runs down the back of the legs so I would definitely wear them with a longer top. They will show all of your assets otherwise because of how thin they are. The wash is a really light grey as you can see, it’s definitely different to the normal grey tones of denim.
I have to say though, like I said before, for the price tag I would expect these leggings to be made in the US. They are all made in China which I find odd when paying a premium price point for denim. I expect a premium denim brand with expensive jeans that comes from the US to have the items made in the US like most of the other brands. If you do love leggings though then Charley 5.0 is a good brand to go to. I find I don’t wear their leggings often though because they are just that bit too clingy for me, it feels funny on my legs when fabric clings that much to me. Buy Charley 5.0 at Singer22.
Jeans courtesy of Charley 5.0.
I thought I would pile together a list of my personal favourite top 10 celebs in denim. This is based on their style and their denim choices. I love blogging about the different celebs every day and which jeans they are wearing but these are the 10 that I most enjoy writing blog posts about. Who are your favourites?
10) David Beckham – I like blogging about David because, much like his wife Victoria, he has great style for a guy. He’s happy to wear the denim on denim trend and get it right each time and he has a love for PRPS and Dior Homme. I always like his denim choices, not to mention he looks good in everything!
9) Kim Kardashian – Kim has such a fantastic selection of denim and brands which I love. I would have put her higher up on the list but her outfits often do look the same to me and I haven’t really connected with her as a person. Normally I can relate and connect to celebs when I see them on the TV often but with Kim it’s different. I do absolutely adore her jeans though, she really knows how to rock a trend like cargos and distressing! Plus one thing I love about her is her curvy figure.
Ashley Greene – Ashley Greene always looks really put together. She has a few favourite brands that she looks really good in and she isn’t afraid to wear the same pair more than a few times. She’s beautiful and she wears jeans so well!
7) Miley Cyrus – Miley Cyrus used to be quite high up on my list of celebs to blog but lately her style has got really sloppy and not something I would wear myself. It suits her though and she has an amazing closet full of denim! I would like to see her more in 2011 rocking some more trends though.
6) Victoria Beckham – What is there not to like about Victoria?! She always looks so classy and sharp, she also has her own denim line which is amazing and she wears the jeans from her line which is always a bonus. She always makes a trend looks so fashionable whether it’s huge shouldered military blazers like Balmain brought on the scene or waxed denim, she’s hot!
5) Hilary Duff – Hilary’s style is always one I am fond of because she dresses so much like myself. She seems to love the same brands and fits as I do and I can relate to her style so much. Lately she’s been spotted on DenimBlog a lot more than she used to be and she’s branched out a tonne with her denim choices. I hope she wears even more in the coming year.
4) Zac Efron – I’ve always loved blogging about Zac for years now, he’s a true denim fan and I love that. I think he is the best dressed male celebrity out there and he has one of the biggest denim collections I have seen for a guy. He’s also a big lover of raw denim which proves a passion for the fabric. I want to see him back in his Nudie’s and Diesel’s! He wore those so well.
3) Jessica Alba – Jessica Alba never used to be high up on my radar when it came to celebs in denim… until recently. The past half a year or so she has been spotted in so many jeans, brands and trends that she really caught my eye! She’s worn all of the trends and looked amazing in them. She knows how to dress as well, there isn’t an outfit that I have seen her in that looks bad, she puts everything together perfectly, right down to the accessories! I adore her style so much!
2) Vanessa Hudgens – Vanessa is a celeb that always looks chic. She has been a favourite of mine to blog for a couple of years and she has so many brands of denim! She used to be a lot like myself when choosing jeans, she loved the Diesel Matic and Lowky cuts and then she opted for a lot of other brands, she has a lot of the same jeans that I do and she constantly looks amazing when she wears denim. I love her style! I hope to see loads of her outfits in 2011.
1) Ashley Tisdale – Finally my favourite of them all, which I’m sure you already knew, Ashley Tisdale! She has the most amazing denim collection I have ever seen, she has so many brands and so many jeans as well as a huge love for Christian Louboutin shoes like myself. She owns many of the same pairs of jeans and shoes that I have and I love her style. She manages to look good in everything she wears, even if she is at the airport, she looks great! She is so much like me when it comes to denim. She was our Denim Diva of 2009 as well as voted number 1 with Vanessa Hudgens for the best denim outfit of 2009. I hope she moves back to LA soon so we can see more candids of her jeans choices.