Here is the countdown! We scored these top ten denim divas by two things: how often they wore denim by our blog history added to the variety of brands they wore. Without further ado…
#10. Audrina Patridge (score 30) Now seriously, did you ever get sick of hearing us say “Audrina Patridge in Divine Rights of Denim”? I might have gotten sick of saying it, but she did rock the jeans very well and did a bang up job of representing DRD, they certainly got their money’s worth!
#9. Heidi Montag (score 30) We gave Heidi the #9 spot instead of having her tie with Audrina because she wore a larger variety of brands than Audrina. Heidi wore a great selection of denim this past year and we salute her for the effort! With her media grabbing Speidi skills maybe she can climb our Denim Diva poll for next year!
#8. Megan Fox (score 31) Though she took the #1 spot for the “Sexiest and Worst” Actress of 2009 she landed as #8 in our rankings. Megan is sexy as hell but she needs to heat up some more denim for us!
#7. Ciara (score 32) Ciara seriously rocks! And by that I don’t just mean the stage or her music, she can really rock in denim! She has, in my opinion, one of the hottest bodies out there. I’ve enjoyed seeing her denim style through out this year.
#5/6(Tie). Jennifer Garner (score 34) Jennifer Garner has been spotted many times being her casual and busy Mommy self in jeans. Though she wears a few different brands, she seems to favor 7 For All Mankind and I personally 100% agree with her for comfort and fit of 7 For All Mankind jeans.
#5/6(Tie). Vanessa Hudgens (score 34) Ahhh wasn’t she just yesterday a Disney princess? Okay so maybe not an actual Disney princess, but she has certainly grown up. It seems like she has went from “cute” to “beautiful” in the year 2009!
#4. Rihanna (score 36) You know I really see Rihanna as more of a “Fashion Forward” icon. She hasn’t been spotted in many of the mainstream denim brands and really doesn’t seem to wear denim all that often unless it makes a fashion statement, but Kudos to Rihanna for taking Denim to the next level in many of her outfits.
#3. Jessica Alba (score 49) I am very glad that Jessica is in the top three. I love her outfits and style; she is a busy Mom but she knows how to put a little extra flair into her everyday casual ensemble to keep it fashionable and current.
#2. Lindsay Lohan (score 59) When I first started this blog post I really thought Lilo would be the #1 since we have seen her in just about every denim brand possible. She was blogged in over 20 denim brands and owns at least 3 pairs of Balmain jeans that we know of. Her score just didn’t hit the high as she wasn’t blogged by us as many times as the #1 spot, though she has been spotted in many more brands, even as the media pounds into Lilo and she keeps having troubles, I adore her fashion sense and her die hard love of denim!
Click here to reveal who Denimblog’s Top Denim Diva for 2009 is…
It looks like denim shorts are not just for the warm weather anymore. There have been a ton of looks wearing shorts over tights this season. Make it trendier by wearing a pair of cut off old jeans. Celebs like Katie Holmes, Taylor Momsen and tons more are fans of this look. What are your thoughts on this trend, is it a do or don’t?
Check out these options below:
Current/Elliott always sets the precedent when it comes to trends. These have studs, are not too short and will work great with or without tights! From Shopbop.com
For a more risque look, try Siwy’s Camilla Cut Off short. They’re itty bitty and come in a ton of colors. So if you don’t feel comfortable with something that short, wearing them over tights is a perfect option! Get them here.
If short shorts are not for you, try J Brand’s Bobby Boyfriend. They’re longer, slouchier and you can roll them up or down accordingly. Pair them with fishnets for a sexy look! You can buy them here.
www.mytruefit.com has a system that if you input your measurements and body type they will suggest jeans for you. I tried this out to see what brands they could come up with for me and compare them to the ones I have actually tried. They had a decent selection of jeans for me, but the top brands that were suggested I have not tried before. They did suggest 7 For All Mankind A pockets before Dojos and so far for me Dojos have always fit me better than A pockets, so a thumbs down on that account. They do have a nice section of “as seen on” and also a great guide on “how to find jeans that fit”. They have information on how to care for your jeans, how to determine the proper length of your jeans and other great tidbits about jeans. Overall I think the website was a great idea, but real life shopping is always the winner and the most gratifying for finding your true fit of jeans.
There are so many great choices for Maternity Denim now it can get downright confusing! We are going to go through each one and give you some choices to consider. But first things first, I found some great tips right from Paige Premium Denim for you to read!
Paige’s Top Five Tips For Buying Maternity Jeans
Consider your style needs. First, decide if you want something comfy to wear on a daily basis or something hot and sexy to wear out. If you want an everyday jean, go for a pair that’s lighter-weight and stretches more. If you want a sexy jean for nighttime, look for a skinny style or a legging or jegging (denim leggings) in a thicker or heavier fabric that really holds you in — you’ll be one sexy mama!
Also think about the kind of tops you like to wear. If you’re into long tunics, jeans with a skinnier leg — like our brand new Willow style ($185) — are your best bet. Fitted tops look best with boot-cut or flare leg jeans, otherwise you’ll look big all over. Dressing — even with a bump — is still all about proportions.
Pick the right size. With denim, a lot of women tend to think, “Oh I’m pregnant, so if I’m a 28 in my normal jeans I’ll need to get a 29 or 30 in maternity.” But our size 28 maternity jeans fit the way they should fit — you don’t need to go up a size! Although for some women that last trimester is tricky — sometimes you might have to go with a larger size those last couple of months.
All maternity jeans aren’t created equal. Some jeans have panels and some don’t — it really depends on your preference. I have one style called the Westbourne that’s amazing. It’s low-rise and has elastic pulls on the inside. You can loosen the jean up as you go through pregnancy. It’s the same idea as little kids’ jeans, where you can pull the waistline in then expand as they grow. What’s great about this style is that after you have your baby, as you lose weight you can tighten them back up again until you’re ready to wear your regular jeans.
Do the sit-down test! Try it out in the dressing room. It’s a great way to see if the overall fit or panel work for you. Sometimes when you’re seated, the spot where the belly panel meets the jean can be uncomfortable, digging into a pressure point. And it’ll only get worse as you get bigger. The key is to find jeans — with or without the panel — that have a waistband that hits below your belly.
Shoes matter. More than likely, you’ll be mostly wearing comfy flats during your pregnancy, but you might want a pair of jeans you can wear with your heels too! So get two pairs — one that’s hemmed for flats and one that’s hemmed for heels.
Now that you have your tips down, let’s go through all the options:
1) Bella Band-Wear any pre-pregnancy favorite as long as your bum and hips allow! These are a basic band that is usually doubled over and placed over the waist band of unzipped/unbuttoned jeans to hold them up and extend the waistband. The band can be doubled over to fit under the belly or made to a single layer to cover the belly as well. The pro is that you don’t need to buy all new jeans, the con is that most women’s pregnant bodies grow not just in the waist but also the bum and hips so that even with the largest waist band normal jeans can no longer be worn. So these are great to start with but at the end of the pregnancy most women will need more room.
2) Belly Belt-Much like the bella band, they will allow you to wear your pre-pregnancy jeans and extend the waistband. This does not have the versitility of being able to cover the entire belly though. The pro over the bella band is that the belt should hold your jeans up better, though you will have the same issues with the belt as you will with the band.
3) Jeans with a band built in-These are much like the Bella Band but the band is built into the jeans, it is a lower rise band(about 4″ in width) and the band is not meant to go over your tummy. I thought these were great for the first 2/3 of the pregnancy, but as I got larger they became uncomfortable and if my shirt wasn’t long enough you would be able to see the underside of my belly. The pro is that these really are great for the first 2/3 of the pregnancy!
4) Jeans with a hidden adjustable waist-Now don’t they tell you to imitate some child things in your adult life? These are just like kid jeans with the adjustable waist. They have the same con as the jeans with the built in band, being that they are great for the first 2/3 of pregnancy but you can grow out of them for the last 1/3. The advantage they have over the jeans with a built in band is that after you have your baby and you are still trying to work off that baby weight you can wear these jeans discretely.
5) Jeans with a full belly panel– a pea in the pod is making the “secret fit belly” panel that is a full panel to go all the way over the tummy. I have to admit I really like these! They have them on many of the premium denim brands we love too! They will be comfortable the whole way through the pregnancy.
I hope you enjoyed the guide and you find your perfect jeans!
Here are some quick links to designer maternity denim and a few on sale too!