Berry coloured denim has been my favourite ‘coloured denim’ shade for a really long time now. I just love the variety of purples, pinks and deep reds that berry can come in and so many brands are releasing their take on the colour. I own a few pairs myself, I have Paige’s Eternity Verdugo’s, 7 For All Mankind’s Dark Violet Gummy’s and the J Brand Black Cherry skinnies.
Berry is actually my favourite shade for Fall/Winter, it’s so versatile and I also own it in lots of clothes like shoes, tops, a dress and a coat. It’s perfect! I’ve included a few styles of berry coloured jeans which are available to buy right now and I will also be reviewing the Black Cherry and the Dark Violet pairs soon, so stay tuned! I just can’t get enough of the berry colour! The Rich & Skinny Legacy’s look amazing! Please click this post to see all of the jeans.
Halloween is quickly approaching and finding a costume can leave you in a lurch. Use some of this season’s hottest denim trends and looks already in your closet to create a fun costume without breaking the bank.
- Hippie: Wear flares with a tie-dye shirt and platforms, add accessories such as glasses or a headband, don’t forget your peace sign.
- Rosie The Riveter: Pair your flares with a chambray shirt and add a headscarf.
- Sailor: Add a striped tee and sailor hat to your flares.
- Cat Woman: Wear leather pants and a slim fitting black top, leather boots and black cat ears.
- Biker: Leather pants paired with motorcycle jacket and black boots.
- Sandra Dee: Wear your leather pants, leather jacket and heels. Curl your hair in and add some lipstick.
- Indiana Jones/Explorer: Wear your cargo pants with a white shirt, khaki vest, add a hat and binoculars.
- Army: Cargos paired with a camouflage or khaki top, boots and dog tags.
- Construction Worker: Cargos paired with white tee shirt, hard hat and tool kit or belt.
Colored Denim makes a great staple for building a costume.
- Angel: Wear white jeans, a white top, wings and a halo.
- Bee: Wear yellow or black jeans with a yellow or black shirt, add some wings.
- Lady Bug: Red Jeans and red top (you can cut out some black felt dots) and add some wings.
- iPod Commercial: Wear black jeans and black top, add an iPod and dance the night away.
- Leopard or Snake: Wear your (leopard or snakeskin) printed pants with a matching/neutral top, add whiskers if necessary.
- Farmer: Add a plaid shirt and some hay (and stuffed farm animals)
- Miner: Wear a Henley shirt, boots and add a headlamp and some tools.
- Scarecrow: Wear a plaid shirt, and hat, add stuff your sleeves with hay.
- Daisy Duke: Shorts, plaid shirt or crop top and heels.
- Britney Spears: Shorts, white tank top, over-sized sunglasses and Uggs or other boots.
Basic Blue Jeans:
- Where’s Waldo: Add a red striped top, stocking cap and glasses.
- Cowboy: Add a denim shirt or plaid shirt, vest, boots and hat.
- Nerd: Add rolled/cuffed jeans, tee shirt, glasses and carry around book and apple (you could also wear overalls).
- Bella Swan: Wear skinny jeans and Chuck Taylors, tee shirt and hoodie. Wear no makeup to keep your face pale.
What are you going to be for Halloween? Will you be wearing any denim trends with your costume?
Colored denim started creeping into Spring/Summer collections earlier this year and I did a Steal Her Style post back in February on how to get the colored denim look for less. As more and more brands have added colored denim to their collections, I figured it was time for another Steal Her Style Post!
American Eagle Jeggings:
American Eagle offers their classic Jegging in both a vibrant red and cobalt blue for $44.50.
Coloured denim is my absolute favourite trend this season! I think having brightly coloured jeans for Summer is just so fun! They always make me think of fresh fruits and popsicles as well as flowers. They just scream Summer to me! Especially the pinks/reds/oranges and yellow tones. Those are the brightest. I’m really glad that the trend has exploded in the past few months and all of the brands have brought out brightly coloured jeans! It’s wonderful.
I have included a selection of my favourite coloured denim at the moment and links under each image of where to buy them. I’ve used a lot of different brands and shades in this post with all different price points. What are some of your favourites? I love the 7 For All Mankind leggings above! They remind me of blackcurrants and the pretty watermelon shade of the Joe’s Jeans below. I think a pair of yellow jeans are next on my wish list as well! Please click this post to view all of the jeans.