Designer Jeans reviews
I have some really exciting news to share with you all! I’ve been able to collaborate with another denim brand and release a pair of jeans! About a year ago, Yoga Jeans and I teamed up to start designing a pair of jeans for their collection that I wanted and the result is these Sky Rise Ponte Legging Skinny Jeans in Black. I fell in love with their ponte and coated skinny last year, but I felt like I wanted a ponte version all over and a higher rise, which is why this particular pair was born!
These things take a long time, so it has actually been a year in total from start to finish and they are now available to buy! They come with a sticker label on the front of the leg which I have written so you know they are a collaboration jean. I go by the name of Lorna Raindrops online as that’s my personal social media name and what I’m known for on my own personal fashion blog, so it felt right to label these jeans that way.
So, lets get to it! These jeans are made in Canada as that’s where Yoga Jeans is based and they are made from a gorgeously stretchy and soft ponte fabric. By fusing perfect fit, diagonal stretch, comfort and sexiness into every pair, Yoga Jeans denim embraces the natural movement of a woman’s body. The rise on these jeans is extra high, coming in at 10 inches, while the inseam is 31 inches and the leg opening is 4.5 inches. Making these a really skinny high rise pant. As these are not actually denim and made from a ponte fabric, they are extremely stretchy like a thick legging so you can actually work out in them and do yoga if you wish, or just stay comfortable in them for day to day wear.
One of the main issues that I have when it comes to high rise jeans is the fact that a lot of brands alter the back pockets and position them higher up to fit in with the rise. This is always so unflattering on the butt and really gives the jeans a mom jeans vibe, so I wanted to make sure the back pockets remained the same and were still flattering. Increasing the rise doesn’t mean you have to move the back pockets up, so I’m really happy with the placement of these being lower down to hug the butt.
I will say that you should size down in these though as given the amount of stretch in them, they do run a full size big. I’m actually wearing these in my regular size 26 and as you can see they are slightly loose, so I need to size down to a 25 which I am doing soon. Just keep that in mind as these are designed to be worn tight like leggings are! The wash, if you can call it that, is just a plain, deep black. I wanted to do something versatile and classic, so what’s better than all black?
I would love to know what you think of these though! I’m so excited to finally be able to tell you all about them and let you know where to buy them! They are available in select stores in Canada and you can buy them online for $120 by clicking here, so they do have a really good price point. But definitely let me know what you think and whether or not you plan on buying them! I’d love to see how you style them and how they fit you! In the meantime, please check out all of the photos in the gallery below.
I am always looking for the perfect solid pair of black jeans. Whether it be the color, fit or fabric chosen, it has been one that has been a mission. Though The Looker in Not Guilty by MOTHER is a pair that I would place pretty high up on the pyramid. From the comfort to the little details, see why I am a fan of these below.
Famed denim designer, Georges Marciano, who is known for bringing denim to the forefront of fashion, has recently launched his own denim and apparel brand! Marciano was the inventor of stone washed jeans and so many of us have worn his creations from other brands, but going it alone means there’s more room for him to expand and be creative with his designs!
I’m happy to report that my review this week is on one of his new pieces, the Shelby Denim Vest in Aged Indigo. I got this vest in a size S, and it is a little big in the arms when it’s not done up, and I generally like to wear them fitted, so XS would have been my size if it was in stock, so it does run true to size in terms of sizing for jackets in my opinion. It’s quite similar to that of Levi’s.
I love the structure of this denim vest though, it’s made of a stretch denim so it’s really comfortable to wear, but the details like the zig zag stitching down the buttons and the two pockets with copper buttons on are really cool. They add a little depth to the vest, to keep it from looking too plain. The wash though is really pretty, it’s a bleached out denim with an intense, vibrant blue, so it looks great with black or grey skinny jeans! I can also see this looking amazing over a maxi dress or skirt too! It’s faded in the right spots and it even has some distressing for the worn in appearance.
I am a huge advocate of denim vests myself, so I’m happy to report that I quite like this one and it is one that I would recommend to you if you are on the look out for a casual, distressed denim vest with a bit of a lower price point! Also, you can read a little more about Georges Marciano below! Let me know what you think of the new brand and this denim vest! Buy this denim vest online at their website by clicking here.
– GM Georges Marciano’s vision is clear. Strong heritage Americana in feel, with an 80’s sensibility. Our product is designed with form and function in mind. It is made of the highest quality fabrics and trims. Our product is cut, fit and finished in Los Angeles. We partner with only the best and most integral vendors. We take pride in our handcrafted products. We do not compromise at any level. We look forward to sharing our products with the like minded…YOU!
– Since 1953, Orta Fabrics has been weaving a denim heritage passed down from generation to generation. We’ve sampled some of the finest denim around the world and we feel a special connection with Orta. We are very happy to have found them/We love working with them.
– Our unique fabrics are of course washed, dyed and finish all in their own respective unique way. Thank you Cali Denim Wash and Almore Dye house for bringing our vision to life.
– With an uncompromised attention to detail, DD Best Apparel provides all of the necessary tools to get your denim off the ground. We can rest easy working with DD Best Apparel because they get it done! And done right!
– The connection with Tag Time goes way back. Georges has been working with the owner of this company since his early days as a designer. Dream up a label, logo and even hardware (buttons, snaps, rivets ETC!) Anything you can think of, TagTime can make it happen.
Written by Lorna Burford | Vest courtesy of Georges Marciano | Opinions expressed are all my own.