Designer Jeans reviews
Famed denim designer, Georges Marciano, who is known for bringing denim to the forefront of fashion, has recently launched his own denim and apparel brand! Marciano was the inventor of stone washed jeans and so many of us have worn his creations from other brands, but going it alone means there’s more room for him to expand and be creative with his designs!
I’m happy to report that my review this week is on one of his new pieces, the Shelby Denim Vest in Aged Indigo. I got this vest in a size S, and it is a little big in the arms when it’s not done up, and I generally like to wear them fitted, so XS would have been my size if it was in stock, so it does run true to size in terms of sizing for jackets in my opinion. It’s quite similar to that of Levi’s.
I love the structure of this denim vest though, it’s made of a stretch denim so it’s really comfortable to wear, but the details like the zig zag stitching down the buttons and the two pockets with copper buttons on are really cool. They add a little depth to the vest, to keep it from looking too plain. The wash though is really pretty, it’s a bleached out denim with an intense, vibrant blue, so it looks great with black or grey skinny jeans! I can also see this looking amazing over a maxi dress or skirt too! It’s faded in the right spots and it even has some distressing for the worn in appearance.
I am a huge advocate of denim vests myself, so I’m happy to report that I quite like this one and it is one that I would recommend to you if you are on the look out for a casual, distressed denim vest with a bit of a lower price point! Also, you can read a little more about Georges Marciano below! Let me know what you think of the new brand and this denim vest! Buy this denim vest online at their website by clicking here.
- GM Georges Marciano’s vision is clear. Strong heritage Americana in feel, with an 80′s sensibility. Our product is designed with form and function in mind. It is made of the highest quality fabrics and trims. Our product is cut, fit and finished in Los Angeles. We partner with only the best and most integral vendors. We take pride in our handcrafted products. We do not compromise at any level. We look forward to sharing our products with the like minded…YOU!
– Since 1953, Orta Fabrics has been weaving a denim heritage passed down from generation to generation. We’ve sampled some of the finest denim around the world and we feel a special connection with Orta. We are very happy to have found them/We love working with them.
- Our unique fabrics are of course washed, dyed and finish all in their own respective unique way. Thank you Cali Denim Wash and Almore Dye house for bringing our vision to life.
- With an uncompromised attention to detail, DD Best Apparel provides all of the necessary tools to get your denim off the ground. We can rest easy working with DD Best Apparel because they get it done! And done right!
- The connection with Tag Time goes way back. Georges has been working with the owner of this company since his early days as a designer. Dream up a label, logo and even hardware (buttons, snaps, rivets ETC!) Anything you can think of, TagTime can make it happen.
Written by Lorna Burford | Vest courtesy of Georges Marciano | Opinions expressed are all my own.