I decided to do a post on how to rip your jeans and get the fishnets look like we saw on Rihanna. I had a lot of fun doing it and the style actually turned out great, I love it. I do love them more with lace than the fishnets though as it looks a little more classy. It’s really easy to do and I predict it’s going to be a great trend, so if you can’t afford to buy any premium denim that comes out like these then you can do it yourself.
All you need is a pair of scissors, jeans and fishnet/lacey tights.
1) Get an old pair of jeans (or a cheaper pair of jeans you don’t mind destroying). I chose black so the tights do not stand out as much as they would against a blue jean.
2) Get your scissors and start making a little hole in an area of the jeans.
3) Put your fingers in the hole and start pulling so the hole rips and gets bigger. Pulling and ripping it will give the effect of a worn in hole as the edges will fray. Do this on all of the holes you have created to however big or little you would like them.
4) Get your scissors again and start lightly snipping the edges of the hole so they look a little more frayed. Over time this will fray even more and look better with wear. Don’t snip too much, just a tiny amount on the fraying. You don’t want to make slits.
5) If you need a hand you can always ask your kitten to put some holes in the jeans. Haha.
6) Lay your jeans out and look at all of the holes you have made. Check that you have made enough and you are happy with how they look. It helps to try them on in front of a mirror as well so you can see clearly how they look on your body and if you want more holes in a certain area.
7) Here are some close ups of the holes so you can see how they look.
8 ) Put your fishnet tights or lacey tights on and then put your jeans on over the top. The lace and the fishnets will show through the holes you created and will give a different look to the jeans. It helps to buy footless tights. You can buy them in most places. ASOS have a great selection of them. If you don’t have footless it doesn’t matter, you can just wear boots.
9) Voila, you are ready to wear them out! Comment if you have ever done this to your jeans or plan on doing it. I would love to see everyone else’s results.
indiDenim, the site that allows you to design your own premium, custom denim online, has just launched an Online Jean Builder (where you can see your design being built), virtual Design Vault (where other’s can buy, rate, comment on your design), and Social Network Integration. With the addition of proprietary cutting-edge design and sharing tools, indiDenim and indiTailored are offering consumers an unmatched tailored apparel solution and design community. To celebrate the introduction of their latest features, any shopper who posts a design to the new indiDenim Design Vault during the month of October will be entered into a custom jean giveaway.
“Today’s online experience is becoming increasingly customized and community-oriented,” says Marybeth Luber, CEO of indiCustom. “Designing your own apparel, watching it come to life in front of you, sharing it with others on the web, and ultimately having it made just to your measurements is more compelling to consumers than ever. It’s an engaging and personalized process that gives shoppers exactly what they want — clothing made to their precise specifications.”
Producing custom fit patterns based on simple information about individual body shape, indiDenim and indiTailored allow visitors to design their very own custom premium denim and dress shirts from anywhere, anytime. Highlights of the new features include: an Online Builder that enables customers to see their product being built in real-time; the Design Vault where shoppers
can post designs and create their own designer identity, as well as browse, search, rate and buy products designed by other customers; Social Network Integration that allows the sharing of designs via Facebook, Twitter and other sites; and the Digital Closet, which stores order history, including the customer’s perfect fit pattern for easy re-ordering.
indiDenim has added ten “creative destruction” distressing packages, as well as new luxurious Japanese, Spanish, and American denim fabrics; and indiTailored is introducing contrast collar and cuff options and a new slim fit body style. Other new design details include a seasonally-changing quote label and the shirt’s “born on” date sewn into the bottom of the placket.
All orders come with a Perfect Fit Promise and Worry-Free Shopping Guarantee, which ensures fit adjustments until 100% satisfaction or your money back. Shipping is complimentary on all orders worldwide.
Lindsay Lohan and Ashley Tisdale are just a couple celebs that have been seen out in studded denim vests. The Sleeveless snap jacket from Current/Elliott is sure to be hot seller this season. The price tag might be a bit daunting, especially for such a trendy item. I stumbled upon this article on how to make your own denim vest and I thought I’d share!
Denim jacket (A thrifted or older version works perfectly. Look at the children’s section, if you want a snugger fit)
Studs (these can be found at a craft store or ordered online)
Remove the sleeves of the jacket at the seam.
Tie rubber bands on the jacket, in sections (like you tie-dye a t-shirt) the more bands you use and the thicker you make them, the more distinguished the bleaching is going to be. After you have tied the bands on the denim, place it into the bucket with a diluted bleach water mixture (ratio should be 1:4, bleach:water). The color of your vest will vary dependent on the time you leave it in the bleach.
After the jacket has dried, add studs!
Images and article from Lmagazine and can be accessed here.
Denim Jewellery is a must for the coming season, these fabulous pieces from Denim Designs will look great with any outfit. This necklace is a round denim stone with a loop drop and is on an 18″ rope chain and retails at $11.25, another must have fashion accessory.
The denim bracelet is made from recycled denim blue jeans and made into a solid denim stone, how amazing is that? It retails at $14.25
This is a wonderful butterfly set, the earrings and necklace together compliment each other, what a beautiful design. It retails at $21.49
These earrings are hand made with an oval stone, are are a very popular design. Currently retailing at $11.25
Each denim stone is hand made, treated, then made into lovely jewellery, although the denim stone is solid, it is very lightweight and comfortable to wear. Denim jewellery is the perfect accessory to wear with denim since it is made from ‘real denim’. What are youl waiting for… go get yours now!
images from denimdesignsjewelry.com