I did a little collaboration bracelet with the denim jewellery brand K.B LuSH. I’ve always loved their pieces since I first saw the brand and they gave me the opportunity to design one. I love dragonflies, so I made this brass dragonfly the main focal point of the bracelet and it features ribbons, pearl beads, buttons and zippers as well on a vintage piece of denim. Each bracelet is hand made and unique.
K.B LuSH started the bracelet based off of my design and then I finished it. I named the bracelet ‘Dragonfly Meadows’ and it’s available to buy worldwide from their online store for $45. It’s only available in limited edition quantities though as it’s a special limited edition bracelet. I had a really fun time designing and making the bracelet. I have always loved designing and making clothes/accessories since I can remember. I hope you like it! Click here to buy this bracelet from K.B LuSH.
Victoria Beckham spent some time with Vanessa Hudgens to talk to her about her designing and how she creates her jeans! Victoria talks us through a step by step process of customizing a pair of her jeans which Vanessa is wearing in the photo above. They look very cool! I love customizing my own jeans with paint and rips. You can see the process and more photos at Teen Vogue by clicking here. You can also read below a snippet of the article which is on Teen Vogue.
Get Victoria Beckham started on the subject of denim, and the designer, former Spice Girl, and world-famous soccer mum can wax poetic to seemingly no end. “Fit is very, very important,” she emphasizes. “You want a jean that is superflattering but also relatively practical. You need to be able to move around in it. When I wear a skinny jean,” she says, “I like it to have a little bag around the knee and the ankle. It’s more modern than something that is tight, tight, tight.” And fabric and finish are no less paramount to the fashion doyenne. “I spend a lot of time making sure we get it right with the wash because there’s a big difference between something that looks authentic and something that looks like it’s been made,” she says. That perfectionist attitude seems to be serving her well. Her denim line, which she describes as “fashion-forward and quite European,” has a loyal celebrity following. But perhaps most telling of all, it makes the grade with Beckham herself. “Everything that I design, I wear,” she says matter-of-factly. What could be more convincing than that?
I absolutely love Denim Leggings and Lace Tights. I wear Denim Leggings all the time because they are so comfy and versatile. I have been thinking of ways I can change around the look and I came to the conclusion of putting footless Lace Tights over the top of my Denim Leggings. It actually turned out really really hot! I love the look. It’s great for those of you who may find the Lace Tights are a little itchy like I do, you can’t feel the material once it’s put over the soft Denim Leggings. It’s a great look that works. Denim Leggings are hot and Lace is in right now so why not mix them up. Not only are they pretty they keep you extra warm for the winter months as well. I included photos of mine for you to see. The Leggings are by Topshop and the footless Lace Tights are by ASOS. If you have any questions or anything just post a comment and I will be happy to help.
I decided to do a post on how to rip your jeans and get the fishnets look like we saw on Rihanna. I had a lot of fun doing it and the style actually turned out great, I love it. I do love them more with lace than the fishnets though as it looks a little more classy. It’s really easy to do and I predict it’s going to be a great trend, so if you can’t afford to buy any premium denim that comes out like these then you can do it yourself.
All you need is a pair of scissors, jeans and fishnet/lacey tights.
1) Get an old pair of jeans (or a cheaper pair of jeans you don’t mind destroying). I chose black so the tights do not stand out as much as they would against a blue jean.
2) Get your scissors and start making a little hole in an area of the jeans.
3) Put your fingers in the hole and start pulling so the hole rips and gets bigger. Pulling and ripping it will give the effect of a worn in hole as the edges will fray. Do this on all of the holes you have created to however big or little you would like them.
4) Get your scissors again and start lightly snipping the edges of the hole so they look a little more frayed. Over time this will fray even more and look better with wear. Don’t snip too much, just a tiny amount on the fraying. You don’t want to make slits.
5) If you need a hand you can always ask your kitten to put some holes in the jeans. Haha.
6) Lay your jeans out and look at all of the holes you have made. Check that you have made enough and you are happy with how they look. It helps to try them on in front of a mirror as well so you can see clearly how they look on your body and if you want more holes in a certain area.
7) Here are some close ups of the holes so you can see how they look.
8 ) Put your fishnet tights or lacey tights on and then put your jeans on over the top. The lace and the fishnets will show through the holes you created and will give a different look to the jeans. It helps to buy footless tights. You can buy them in most places. ASOS have a great selection of them. If you don’t have footless it doesn’t matter, you can just wear boots.
9) Voila, you are ready to wear them out! Comment if you have ever done this to your jeans or plan on doing it. I would love to see everyone else’s results.