or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

infected piercings?

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
i've been doing the whole sea salt soak thing and putting antibacterial ointment on

...anything else work for infected/pussy piercings?
post #2 of 26
oh my, at first I thought you were talking about it being affected... you know.. down south. haha when my belly button got infected I used bactine.. even though they said not too. it worked well though
post #3 of 26
wow, did it hurt? where is it pierced exactly?
post #4 of 26
My belly piercing took 6 months to completely heal! I just tried to keep it clean with sea salts.
post #5 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by missD View Post
wow, did it hurt? where is it pierced exactly?
jeez it's just the bottom of my belly button ....

you dirty minded hfers


...actually i heard if you get pierced "down south" you loose feeling after about a year .... no deal




thanks for the tips! it's pretty much back to it's normal size ... i'll just keep soaking it in sea salt!
post #6 of 26
AH! i can't remember the name of this crap but if you go to a drug store they should be able to find it. It's a disinfectant and it's thick syurpy orange crap. It stains your skin but man it works. I don't have any left to tell you the name!
post #7 of 26
Betadine?
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by citrarose View Post
oh my, at first I thought you were talking about it being affected... you know.. down south. haha when my belly button got infected I used bactine.. even though they said not too. it worked well though

LOL - omg, me too.

I would keep it up with the sea salt. My piercer said to use Bactine, but not Neosporin.
post #9 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by trish_jeanne View Post
AH! i can't remember the name of this crap but if you go to a drug store they should be able to find it. It's a disinfectant and it's thick syurpy orange crap. It stains your skin but man it works. I don't have any left to tell you the name!
Is it hibitaine or something like that?
post #10 of 26
I can never get my piercings to heal.. I went through so much trouble just for my ear lobe and pierced my cartilage like 10 times, all got infected and started bleeding out of nowhere. Had some trouble with my tongue ring too..
post #11 of 26
I had one get infected pretty badly. At first, it was just irritated and hurt, then a bump started to form under the skin. Sea Salt is what felt the best, but imo it will only work up to a point healing wise.

If there is an actual infection and not just an irritation, go to your dr - a few days of antibiotics did the trick for me. It felt better by the end of the night, actually.
post #12 of 26
When I got piercings, I was told to use bactine and contact/saline solution and I found both to be effective. I hope your piercing heals soon because an infection isn't fun
post #13 of 26
I was 17 when I got my belly button pierced and was all hysterical when it got infected (all crusty and itchy around it)... even thinking I got HIV, thanks to the comforting efforts of my friends. I just went to the doc and she gave me bactine and antibiotics.
post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by courtzzzz69 View Post
When I got piercings, I was told to use bactine and contact/saline solution and I found both to be effective. I hope your piercing heals soon because an infection isn't fun
thanks ... it's good to go ... so much better
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkiexbi0tch View Post
I can never get my piercings to heal.. I went through so much trouble just for my ear lobe and pierced my cartilage like 10 times, all got infected and started bleeding out of nowhere. Had some trouble with my tongue ring too..

same thing happpened to me with my ears

and for some odd reason i have like a wart type thingy in the spot where i took my ear piercing out months ago...
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
^^^keloid
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyadoresme View Post
same thing happpened to me with my ears

and for some odd reason i have like a wart type thingy in the spot where i took my ear piercing out months ago...
i still have mine and i took out my 3rd hole like 2 yrs ago

let's not even talk about the huge scar on my belly button.

piercings just do not agree with me

i'll stick to tattoos

low maintenance
post #18 of 26
sea salt!!!!
my belly button piercing took only 2 months to heal but got infected another two months later. I used sea salt and it worked pretty good!
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedmosher2of3 View Post
i've been doing the whole sea salt soak thing and putting antibacterial ointment on

...anything else work for infected/pussy piercings?
see, you had the word 'pussy' in your post. That was the only indication we had for location

glad your belly button is better
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics View Post
see, you had the word 'pussy' in your post. That was the only indication we had for location

glad your belly button is better


heheheheh .... oops
post #21 of 26
i have the same piercing...i put bactine on it after i washed it with contact solution..
post #22 of 26
My cousin used to be a piercing artist. He said that you should clean it with sea salt and water. He did 2 of my piercings ( industral and eyebrow) and he never told me to put neosporin on them.
post #23 of 26
my friend had the wart thing too, and it was huge, she had to get surgery. sad =/ it was on her carlage.

but yeahh i used batine when my belly piercing was reallyyy infected and i was amazed how after that, it went back to normal like nothing ever happened.

i had my eyebrown a year ago, for a month. it got infected so i took it out and the skin was thinning. but i reallyyy like it so i pierced it again, and its once again infected but i really dont want to take it out. so im just sticking to it and cleaning it alot. hopefulllyyy itll heal soon.
post #24 of 26
for those people who were looking for that red/orange stuff that starts with the letter H, the only thing i can think of it HEBICLENS, but not sure if that is it, come in a light blue bottle.

sea salt as mentioned above is good, when i used to have my eye brow, they said try antibacterical soap, but it was a certain kinda i cant remember, my ex-gf used it on her infected belly button.
post #25 of 26
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Ladies Lounge