Interviewing can be soo ridiculous... I got asked, "how many quarters would it take to fill this room?" I had to really restrain from rolling my eyes when I shot back, "Well, that depends, how many pennies would it take?" How cheesy.
I have a professional skills and portfolio devp. class at a local cc. Here's the list of the most common according to the book we go by.
1) Tell me a bit about yourself.
2) What three words describe your best character traits? What about your worst?
3) Of those three weaknesses, which causes you the most trouble?
4) What specific strengths do you think you can bring to this position?
5) What do you know about our company?
6) In what manner do you communicate with staff? With supervisors?
7) Describe what, for you, is an ideal workday.
Have you ever been fired or asked to resign?
9) Why are you leaving your current position?
10) Can you explain the gaps in your employment history.
11) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
12) Do you have any questions?