or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › What do you do for a living?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you do for a living? - Page 3

post #51 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by theherman View Post
Good luck arriarri, and everyone else waiting for their results! Me too...still got over a month to go . meanwhile, my friend in NC finds out this week!

Thanks! I don't find out till November (f*ing Massachusetts!) Where did you take yours?

Dweckl - I don't work for a firm as of yet, however ideally I'd love to do management-side employment/labor law.
post #52 of 154
I am a student and a Mystery Shopping Coordinator/Executive assistant. Wicked job and i wish that i could keep ui forever but alas i will be going to law school in the next year or two.
post #53 of 154
I play with horses for a living, well, more for my play money, but I don't have any in training right now... My husband is the bread winner, he's an accountant... was a controller in the construction industry until we moved to a small town to be near family and bought our own accounting business. We dont' make much until tax season (hopefully) so I won't be buying any new jeans until then.....
post #54 of 154
Long time Nurse(or, Er, ect....) currently in school to get my Masters( Medical Examiner)...feels like forever

uh...hubby Cop and Electrician( owns his own business)

I am fortunate, I pay no mortgage, my land is paid for as well as my house....just random utility bills, actually just electric, and luxuries, cell, satellite....blah blah.
In other words , lucky only child, with well-off family.
post #55 of 154
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was an Aunty-Nanny for over a year, but my sister and her husband moved my nephew to Atlanta!!!

So until my husband gets us down there too, I am in flex....
post #56 of 154
I am in insurance sales. Professional on-line shopper Mommy of two kiddies. Def do not make enough for my nasty habits!!!!
post #57 of 154
Full-time student. I'll be starting my fourth and final year in Nursing in September. I've been working as a Health Care Aide in the hospitals here for the summer and will continue doing that maybe once a week just for extra cash during the school year.
post #58 of 154
I guess you could consider me a stay at home daughter?
post #59 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenKid0505 View Post
I guess you could consider me a stay at home daughter?
I want that job!!
post #60 of 154
opera singer

seriously
post #61 of 154
I'm a nanny and a full time student
post #62 of 154
Full-time student (YAY!...or not so much) and soon to be part-time server. That's all I do with my life, learn, and serve food and beverages to people.
post #63 of 154
I design and produce high end luxury linens and fashion bedding and also high thread count luxury egyptian cotton sheeting...you can probably find our line in any high end luxury linen store, Neiman Marcus, and ABC carpet & home in the nyc
post #64 of 154
Self Employed car dealer. I also like to play the stock market. My husband is in upper management with one of the largest car trailer manufacturers in the US. No children and No credit card debt. I am also a cheapskate. Jeans are the only thing I "splurge" on. If I buy a pair, I make myself sell a pair.
post #65 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenKid0505 View Post
I guess you could consider me a stay at home daughter?
LOL I like your way of putting that. I guess you could call me the same thing but I do babysit a couple days a week in the summer. Let's just say I haven't done a good job keeping any of the money though. Whoops! The mom works at a boutique that carries premium denim, juicy, etc and a lot of times my paycheck goes to her buying me stuff there with her discount.
post #66 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nique27 View Post
I design and produce high end luxury linens and fashion bedding and also high thread count luxury egyptian cotton sheeting...you can probably find our line in any high end luxury linen store, Neiman Marcus, and ABC carpet & home in the nyc

Wow, now that sounds like a great job. I bet your bed is spectacular.

Do you do the linens for luxury hotels at all like The Westin?
post #67 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nique27 View Post
I design and produce high end luxury linens and fashion bedding and also high thread count luxury egyptian cotton sheeting...you can probably find our line in any high end luxury linen store, Neiman Marcus, and ABC carpet & home in the nyc
Oooooh, good sheets are key!! Nice...
post #68 of 154
I am a stay-at home wife and also help my husband with our at-home company.
post #69 of 154
Full time student, research assistant (doesn't pay, sadly) and part-time sales associate year round. Just recently started doing a little contract work as an internet researcher for at my university. $15/hr and the contractor thinks it takes me 2-3x longer than it actually does to do the work. Sweet.
post #70 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsE View Post
Wow, now that sounds like a great job. I bet your bed is spectacular.

Do you do the linens for luxury hotels at all like The Westin?
lol I sleep on 1200 thread count egyptian long staple cotton sheets made in italy, a sand-washed silk charmeuse duvet with a goose down comforter with a featherbed on my mattress. care to join?

We dont do linens for hotel chains b/c our product is too expensive for them to put in each room. However, we do alot of very posh ski and summer resorts like Mohonk Mountain, Aspen, Hamptons etc.
post #71 of 154
^That is so cool!
post #72 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nique27 View Post
lol I sleep on 1200 thread count egyptian long staple cotton sheets made in italy, a sand-washed silk charmeuse duvet with a goose down comforter with a featherbed on my mattress. care to join?

We dont do linens for hotel chains b/c our product is too expensive for them to put in each room. However, we do alot of very posh ski and summer resorts like Mohonk Mountain, Aspen, Hamptons etc.
Holy lord, Nique! Nice bed!! Yep, I'm...."sleepy"...
post #73 of 154
wild goat herder
post #74 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by nique27 View Post
lol I sleep on 1200 thread count egyptian long staple cotton sheets made in italy, a sand-washed silk charmeuse duvet with a goose down comforter with a featherbed on my mattress. care to join?

We dont do linens for hotel chains b/c our product is too expensive for them to put in each room. However, we do alot of very posh ski and summer resorts like Mohonk Mountain, Aspen, Hamptons etc.
Where, when, and what should i wear?
post #75 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesgal View Post
I play with horses for a living, well, more for my play money, but I don't have any in training right now... My husband is the bread winner, he's an accountant... was a controller in the construction industry until we moved to a small town to be near family and bought our own accounting business. We dont' make much until tax season (hopefully) so I won't be buying any new jeans until then.....

Yo, I was born in Mena Arkansas. How weird...I'm gonna visit my dad there very soon, and I expected to be the first person to EVER grace that little town with premium jeans. Guess not!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › What do you do for a living?