or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › What Diesel are you wearing today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Diesel are you wearing today? - Page 398

post #9926 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by apryl View Post
Are you sure it wasn't levislad?
Fixed ! ( At least i kept the "lev" )
post #9927 of 27982
Nothing special, another 72d.. still looking for a jacket

post #9928 of 27982
chucks are ok for clubbing when it is raining and you dont want to loose better shoes
post #9929 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbonesknows View Post
Fair enough, but what other shoe that costs $40 looks better with a black T and Thanaz 71J that I don't have to worry about messing up...
LOL...how much time do you have?

Chucks are bulky...so wearing them with Thanaz would be fashion suicide IMO. Since people on this forum are buying ultra-slim boots specifically to wear with Thanaz, why wouldn't one also go for a slimmer sneaker?

I don't own any Thanaz, but here is just one answer to your question about the $40 beater shoes to wear with a black T (also not really part of my wardrobe) and slim jeans...Adidas martial arts trainers, $40-50 at any martial arts supply stores...and they look 100X better than Chucks any day of the week.

I own two pairs of these, and wear them with my Timmen 87J and Safado 8aa...and I plan on wearing them with my Timmen 71J as well.

post #9930 of 27982
Sorry ross, but those adidas sneakers are just pretty much as disgusting as chucks...
No offense, but i've not the foggiest idea what's going on with you guys in the us, when it comes to sneakers...

The whole adidas and converse stuff looks like age class 12-16 in my opinion. High quality "mature sneakers" for age class 18-25 or so would be something like that:

post #9931 of 27982
^^ No offense, but what the fuck is that? A wood sole?

I would say that worn pics of all these sneakers are necessary before we judge them...as it's easy to ding me for posting them, but perhaps not as easy if some highly regarded member to post a WAYWT featuring them...

I don't like those half-sneaker/half-dress-shoe things you post, but at least I'll be man enough to admit that they are 100x better than Chucks also.
post #9932 of 27982
Those are "high end" sneakers by 96 hours/puma ( Designed by neil barrett, alexander mcqueen and few others ) and as you can see, they have a high quality sole. That's not "WTF", but a good thing. If you like simple sneakers, with a flat sole, a slim shape and even like those adidas sneakers ( I see them in thailand every wear, for about 15$ // Diesel also has some similar ones ) you should actually die for those 96 hours sneakers, since they're in terms of shape definetely that what you're recommeding all the time ( White, simple, slim, flat sole ). Particularly as they're far away from dress shoes in my opinion. I think they're still sporty and young, without looking like kids birthday at mcdonalds...

Well, we can still be "friends" though I really envy you guys from the US in many different ways. But on the other hand... *Coughs*
post #9933 of 27982
I wear Onitsuka Tiger by Asics Ultimate 81™ (White/Jet Black) - Men's with thanaz. Mine are in a more subtle color white and grey with brown. I wish I had a picture of mine, but this is a very slim shoe and has been very well received by my friends. FYI I am the only one wearing anything even close to as slim as thanaz of my group.
post #9934 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Those are "high end" sneakers by 96 hours/puma ( Designed by neil barrett, alexander mcqueen and few others ) and as you can see, they have a high quality sole.
See, there's the rub, Tee. I don't consider sneakers "high end." I would never pay more than $100 for a pair of sneaks unless they were a very rare and sentimental pair. And if that really is a wood sole, I can't imagine them being very good at anything a sneaker is supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee
That's not "WTF", but a good thing. If you like simple sneakers, with a flat sole, a slim shape and even like those adidas sneakers ( I see them in thailand every wear, for about 15$ // Diesel also has some similar ones ) you should actually die for those 96 hours sneakers, since they're in terms of shape definetely that what you're recommeding all the time ( White, simple, slim, flat sole ).
Then I'm not sure what makes them so much different than run-of-the-mill white slim flat-soled sneakers like the ones I posted, or the infinite variety of sneaks that are "superior to Chucks." Aside from the wood sole, I actually like them very much...but not significantly more than other, similar shoes.
post #9935 of 27982
god I hate pumas..
post #9936 of 27982
chucks are actually better than the adidas, puma, and asics posted on this page. especially the adidas, those are real bad imo. i think the perfect cheap sneaker is a pair of white canvas tretorn t-56's:

Tretorn T-56 Poplin White/Dandelion - Classic at Zappos.com
post #9937 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskidder View Post
chucks are actually better than the adidas, puma, and asics posted on this page. especially the adidas, those are real bad imo. i think the perfect cheap sneaker is a pair of white canvas tretorn t-56's:

Tretorn T-56 Poplin White/Dandelion - Classic at Zappos.com
That's a quite relative word james ! When i asked a homosexual friend of mine ( NO OFFENSE AND NOT DEVALUATING ! ), who was hetero before, why he changed his mind, he also answered with:

"It's better..."
post #9938 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
See, there's the rub, Tee. I don't consider sneakers "high end." I would never pay more than $100 for a pair of sneaks unless they were a very rare and sentimental pair. And if that really is a wood sole, I can't imagine them being very good at anything a sneaker is supposed to do.



Then I'm not sure what makes them so much different than run-of-the-mill white slim flat-soled sneakers like the ones I posted, or the infinite variety of sneaks that are "superior to Chucks." Aside from the wood sole, I actually like them very much...but not significantly more than other, similar shoes.
Well, let's agree on that it's a matter of preferences !
- I like sneakers. which look sporty but also a little bit chic at the same time, since i would never wear shoes which remind me of gym class back then, since that's far away from what i associate with diesel jeans. Diesel jeans are something attractive for me, in order that i also want to see attractive shoes....
- You like comfort

Maybe we can interlink that someday
post #9939 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Well, let's agree on that it's a matter of preferences !
- I like sneakers. which look sporty but also a little bit chic at the same time, since i would never wear shoes which remind me of gym class back then, since that's far away from what i associate with diesel jeans. Diesel jeans are something attractive for me, in order that i also want to see attractive shoes....
- You like comfort
I like comfort, but I must correct your assumption that I favor big bulky sneakers. I have running shoes, basketball shoes, etc but never wear them with jeans.

If I'm even thinking about dressing up, I just throw on some dressier shoes and forget about it.
post #9940 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
Fixed ! ( At least i kept the "lev" )

It's a good job I don't take offense easily!!! lol


Still I got my boyfriend wearing Diesels now...including a pair of "Lev"ans!

Perhaps some photos of both of us at some point!
post #9941 of 27982
Hi there
post #9942 of 27982
Hi Tee

Your Troulegs look hot by the way!!!
post #9943 of 27982
Tee you are so busted!

Yes! Pics levislad!!!
post #9944 of 27982
When I have some pix of the both of us done I'll post some on here!!!

He looks hot in Zathan's!!!
post #9945 of 27982
I'd pay for pics levislad ! And i'd pay even more, if you could take the pics by your chimney again...

Thanks for the compliment
post #9946 of 27982
i like chucks, they are a timeless classic. a shoe unchanged for a century. oddly enough, it's been exactttly a century. 1908 - birth of all stars.

a shoe unchanged for 100 years? wtf... must be doing something right...
post #9947 of 27982
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
I'd pay for pics levislad ! And i'd pay even more, if you could take the pics by your chimney again...

Thanks for the compliment

And why would you prefer chimney pix???
post #9948 of 27982
I think they are kinda romantic !
post #9949 of 27982
That's not what you said last time! You were commenting on the size of my package!

I must say the size of yours in those Troulegs is nothing to be ashamed of!
post #9950 of 27982
LOL @ this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › What Diesel are you wearing today?