or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › What Diesel are you wearing today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Diesel are you wearing today? - Page 797

post #19901 of 28308

@denim-guy- Well you gotta stand up for what's right. Tepphars really suit you despite you having broad shoulders but i'm sure Msalonen disagrees on this.

 

@Denim Collector- Your 881W look pretty good too. 888P is a must-have wash, I wouldn't have got these if they weren't on sale, so glad I did plus got my desired yellowish pair so I'm super stoked.

 

@zgdiesel- It's alright man. I had issue with 887Vs being called super-tight or whatever considering how they are stretch wash and worn for the very first time. I mean they certainly won't be "so tight" after having worn enough times.


Edited by februarean - 5/16/12 at 11:52am
post #19902 of 28308

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, I was only trying to clear up any misconceptions of stretch denim.

 

Most of my jeans are 2% stretch, because I prefer it that way. There aren't many jeans made for men with elastane blend as high as 18% to my knowledge, usually that's more common for women's jeans. And I'm not saying that relates in any way to gender or looking manly or girly, just what's more common for cotton blends in jeans as a whole. They do it that way because most jeans for women are very skinny, or are jeggings (which are usually around 20% elastane or more).

 

I'm also not saying that jeans with some elastane in them don't stretch over time. All cotton stretches over time. But it's going to be very minimal compared to 100% cotton denim. The more stretch to the denim, the more it will keep it's shape. That's the whole point. The stretch allows it to stretch to fit your body and snap back to original shape when you're not wearing them. Just like the way a rubber band would work. Pure cotton on the other hand can only shrink back when you wash it, otherwise it just grows and stretches out over time as much as it needs to or can before tearing. They don't have the same "give".

 

If you like the jeans, great. I'm only trying to help. And if you disagree with my opinion of the fit, then that's totally fine. I was just being honest. If you like it, you can rock it. That's what style is all about.

post #19903 of 28308

I thought the whole point of making stretch Tepphars was so that the non-skinny big guys who otherwise would not fit into tepphars would find them wearable, but that's just me and while you're entitled to your opinion, I still disagree with what you said about stretch denim. I've heard of polyurethane blends retaining their shape certainly not elastane.

post #19904 of 28308
Msalonen, I have to politely disagree with your experience with stretch jeans. In my experience, stretch jeans stretch. Simple as. All jeans I've bought with ELASTINE stretch out while being worn and do not return to their original shape until theyre washed. However, certain washes(like 880R and 8X8) have ELASTERELL in them which stretch while worn and return to the original shape after. However, raj, the 887V has lyocell in them which is a cellulose fibre designed for strength and prevent garments from getting misshapen. So in the end, your jeans might stretch and they might not. But what does it matter once you like them bro.
post #19905 of 28308

You both bring up good points. Raj, you're right about them being made that way to make them easier to fit into, because of the stretch. What I was trying to warn you of was them not necessarily changing size much differently over time. However, what Phukette said is also an important factor that I had forgotten about. Different stretch jeans may use different stretch fabrics which act differently. For those, with the lyocell, I'm not sure which way it will go.

 

Ultimately, your opinion of them and the look is what it all comes down to.

post #19906 of 28308

I just got my new Chi-Tights and they live up to their name, they are tight!! I guess I better return them as they are to tight around my legs. Should I size up (one or two) or wouldnt this matter much? The waist size is perfect..

 

44eb14cd.jpg

 

 

 

9ea2ada9.jpg

 

636f3464.jpg

post #19907 of 28308

dude, they look great. keep em.

post #19908 of 28308

I agree with autodafe, they look good! The fit looks right for the cut, but if you don't want chinos that skinny then go for a different cut rather than a different size. That's a matter of your own personal taste though.

post #19909 of 28308

Keep the Chi-Tights. they look awesome man!!!

 

My nudies dry black coated in 28 (normally i wear 30) is even tighter.. I've been trying to break them in at home; i'm scared i might rip the crotch area. hahaha.

post #19910 of 28308

I'm not a fan of chinos but they do fit you well!

post #19911 of 28308

we had a cowboy party today at the office and i had some full-length pics taken of my outfit so figured i'd share

 

viker 8at

 

DSCN1182.JPGDSCN1184.JPGIMG_4893.JPG

post #19912 of 28308

freeradical28, I've missed seeing your pictures! You always look great in Viker!

post #19913 of 28308

Chinos are awesome when mixed with the right pieces of clothes, wearing chinos is a style by itself, I dig it but I've no tried it yet. It's on my list though, especially for summer (I know they are not for winter ahah)

 

@Oultlandos : Concerning the fit, I agree that they are a bit tight. I'm not sure that chinos are supposed to hug legs like this, when I think about chinos, I think about a bit more relaxed fit, not too tight, but not cargo pants either...you have to find the middle ;)

post #19914 of 28308
Outlandos, chinos look great. Perfect fit and very stylish.
post #19915 of 28308

@ Phukette, great explanation on stretch denim

@ Freeradical82, nice jeans,  I really like the 8at wash- its a classic blue jeans wash that is timeless.

post #19916 of 28308

Thanks for your input guys. I like the way it looks, but the fit around my legs is just to unconfortable. Would sizing up from 30 to 32 change the leg space/size too? Not just my waist?

post #19917 of 28308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddock View Post

Chinos are awesome when mixed with the right pieces of clothes, wearing chinos is a style by itself, I dig it but I've no tried it yet. It's on my list though, especially for summer (I know they are not for winter ahah)

@Oultlandos : Concerning the fit, I agree that they are a bit tight. I'm not sure that chinos are supposed to hug legs like this, when I think about chinos, I think about a bit more relaxed fit, not too tight, but not cargo pants either...you have to find the middle icon_wink.gif

How come chinos are not for winter?
post #19918 of 28308

@ outlandos .. yeah keep the Chi-Tights, they look well cool .. at your age you can go for it !!

 

@ freeradical82 .. Happy pics at cowboy party !! Vikers look great .. but are my eyes deceiving me, looks like the Diesel label is still hanging there. Praps good thinking, wear em for a party then send them back, lol ;)

 

@ Denim Collector .. "scared I might rip the crotch" hahaha .. I played 2 hours table tennis tonight in my Safado 8IL, no probs with lots of vigour and most stressful in retreiving balls under tables, etc. .. I need room in my jeans !!

 

One thing I was gonna suggest to the forum. We obviously live all over the world and have a common interest but hardly anyone fills in their profile. I'm a relatively newcomer to some of you guys but I have learnt; Lee (Levislad) is a near neighbour of mine in UK. Vincent (Denim Collector) is a great photographer living in Vancouver, Saddock lives in Paris, Jeanetic lives in New Orleans, Karacho is a drummer like me, + we have Aram from Russia and Grag from Ukraine. This is all a fantastic group !!

 

Its not mandatory and I'm not prying but be lovely to know where more ppl live and some background in profiles. Denim Blog is truly International !!

post #19919 of 28308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Hardia View Post

 

What jeans with 2% or 18% elastane do you own? Also, you're not actually saying that stretch jeans hold their shape better than 100% cotton jeans? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msalonen View Post

I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, I was only trying to clear up any misconceptions of stretch denim.

 

Most of my jeans are 2% stretch, because I prefer it that way. There aren't many jeans made for men with elastane blend as high as 18% to my knowledge, usually that's more common for women's jeans. And I'm not saying that relates in any way to gender or looking manly or girly, just what's more common for cotton blends in jeans as a whole. They do it that way because most jeans for women are very skinny, or are jeggings (which are usually around 20% elastane or more).

 

I'm also not saying that jeans with some elastane in them don't stretch over time. All cotton stretches over time. But it's going to be very minimal compared to 100% cotton denim. The more stretch to the denim, the more it will keep it's shape. That's the whole point. The stretch allows it to stretch to fit your body and snap back to original shape when you're not wearing them. Just like the way a rubber band would work. Pure cotton on the other hand can only shrink back when you wash it, otherwise it just grows and stretches out over time as much as it needs to or can before tearing. They don't have the same "give".

 

If you like the jeans, great. I'm only trying to help. And if you disagree with my opinion of the fit, then that's totally fine. I was just being honest. If you like it, you can rock it. That's what style is all about.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Hardia View Post

I thought the whole point of making stretch Tepphars was so that the non-skinny big guys who otherwise would not fit into tepphars would find them wearable, but that's just me and while you're entitled to your opinion, I still disagree with what you said about stretch denim. I've heard of polyurethane blends retaining their shape certainly not elastane.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

Msalonen, I have to politely disagree with your experience with stretch jeans. In my experience, stretch jeans stretch. Simple as. All jeans I've bought with ELASTINE stretch out while being worn and do not return to their original shape until theyre washed. However, certain washes(like 880R and 8X8) have ELASTERELL in them which stretch while worn and return to the original shape after. However, raj, the 887V has lyocell in them which is a cellulose fibre designed for strength and prevent garments from getting misshapen. So in the end, your jeans might stretch and they might not. But what does it matter once you like them bro.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msalonen View Post

You both bring up good points. Raj, you're right about them being made that way to make them easier to fit into, because of the stretch. What I was trying to warn you of was them not necessarily changing size much differently over time. However, what Phukette said is also an important factor that I had forgotten about. Different stretch jeans may use different stretch fabrics which act differently. For those, with the lyocell, I'm not sure which way it will go.

 

Ultimately, your opinion of them and the look is what it all comes down to.

 

Okay so here this is how it is supposed to be: The elastine in stretch denim is supposed to make it hold its shape. That is the reason for the stretch in the denim. The stretch is there to make the jeans be more form fitting. They are not there to stretch out the jeans. I think you are all using the term "stretch" in different forms. They are meant to stretch while they are on the person (to make them form fitting) but they are supposed to pop back in to place once the jeans are taken off (to make them retain their shape). So yes they stretch but they do not stretch out. Do you know what i am saying? 100% cotton, when stretched out, stays stretched out until it is washed. Elastine blends are supposed to remedy this so you shouldnt have to wash them as much. Some crappy stretch denim will actually stay stretched out once removed, which defeats the purpose. This shows the subpar quality of the denim. Some Brands, like Diesel, has elastine denim that holds shape longer than some other less expensive brands with the same composition but it still stretches out (and stays there) eventually. If you buy a more premium brand, like Dior Homme, elastine denim, you will almost NEVER be able to stretch out then denim(it stretches while on but keeps its form once removed). All of my 98/2 DH washes have never lost their original shape no matter how much wear they received or how tight they were. That is because the elastine denim is vastly superior so it does its job better.

 

and yes Lyocell was the biggest failure for stretch denim. Elasterell was Diesels best stretch combo like Phukette said. I was very confused on this issue so I researched it a while back. I believe one of the first brands to use stretch denim (in designer denim) was 7FAM. They were wanting better shape and less stretch out after long wear. That is why they began using stretch denim,

post #19920 of 28308

I wore my 71j twice this week:

DSCN6697.JPG

DSCN6706.JPG

 

I just bought this Hugo Boss button down I wore. I also got this Diesel watch I am wearing. Here's abetter pic

DSCN6656.JPG

 

 

and i bought my wife Diesel 8w8 for mothers day:

DSCN6691.JPG

 

my little man was rocking his diesels too:

DSCN6669.JPGDSCN6675.JPG

 

 

and the whole family was wearing Diesel that day. So we did a family fit pic

DSCN6689.JPG


Edited by jeanetic - 5/16/12 at 9:40pm
post #19921 of 28308
Thanks for the help clearing all that up Jeanetic, that was the information I was attempting to convey and trying to articulate.

As for the fit pics: Great looking family! You all look very well dressed. That little guy has a real head start, haha.
post #19922 of 28308

@ Outlandos - not a fan of such tight jeans but they fit you well!

 

@ Freeradical - perfect, perfect!!

 

@ Jeanetic - perfect fit as always, very stylish and great looking family! The kid is adorable!

post #19923 of 28308

Great family pic Jeanetic !! You all look amazing in your Diesels, your little man is so cute and your good lady is very elegant.

 

Someone should bring this to the attention of Diesel, who knows? they should give you extra discount and freebies for being such a disciple & promoter of their brand !

 

Thanks for sharing :)

post #19924 of 28308
It's awesome, Jeanetic.Great family pics. You always show us a great endorsement on diesel. your little man is cuddly. thanks for sharing with us.
post #19925 of 28308

thank you for the kind words

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › What Diesel are you wearing today?