or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Is the Seven era over?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is the Seven era over? - Page 2

post #26 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
yea thats exactly what i was doing. just seeing if you knew or not.. you guys should toss your sevens and buy some antik before jessica snags em and they become the next big thing only to become lame shortly thereafter. the only reason i feel this way about sevens is cos it seems that 95% of seven wearers think theyre such hot shit in their sevens. its disgusting. and to top it off they have to wear uggs along with them. same goes for juicy. i actually want to buy a pair of juicy jeans for men so when i tell shallow juicy girls (im not naming names am i) who makes them they can twirl their hair and be like 'umm isn't that like um a girl brand'?
umm okay im still uncertain of your motives but whatever floats your boat.

may i ask why you think ppl that wear sevens "think they're such hot shit"? and why you think girls that wear juicy are "girls gone wild bar whores"?

it seems like you've really got something out against j.s. -it seems like you're intimidated by girls like her.

just IMO.
post #27 of 151
may i ask you why you have a picture of your ass as your user image? hah i rest my case about seven fanatics..
post #28 of 151
So "I think Im the shit" bc I have a pic of sevens as my avitar?? Or whats your case?!

And yes, I am the mod of the "I LOVE SEVEN FORUM" so I guess that would make me a fanatic...

You give no reasons to your assumptions and won't answer any of my questions I've asked you... so this conversation is going nowhere and in my opinion is over. Ive clearly proved my point as to why ignorant people like you walk around not being happy with yourself....you don't give people a chance and judge them solely on what they wear. Maybe if you'd get to know someone then you wouldn't have all these prejudgements based on a label that is on their ass.

Don't hate because those hot "whores/sluts" in the bars won't talk to your ignorant ass. You've already proven yourself to be a jerk...but hey I guess you're not trying to impress anyone.
post #29 of 151
I wear women's "seven" & I love them.
Then I guess I'm a manwhore
Oops

IMO
post #30 of 151
you and zathans might as well be the same person...
post #31 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim
I wear women's "seven" & I love them.
Then I guess I'm a manwhore
Oops

IMO
well you are in jetsetters eyes...
post #32 of 151
ive actually answered a good majority of your questions. you never answered mine. why do you have that pathetic picture of your ass as your user image? also.. i try to avoid bars where the seven girls hang out. im not into those slutty type dance bars anyway.
hey when did you first get into seven? id be curious to know if you stumbled upon them back when they first came out or you decided that they fit you best right around the time when all the jessica simpson types started wearing them. also, do you wear uggs to go with your super sevens? that's a HOT combo! it's not extremely hard to gain information on someone's character based on what they wear (or as you might say 'judge'). there have been psychological experiments on that. of course its a tad harder with designer labels but i consider myself at least somewhat in the know as far as fashion goes and let me tell you, as per the title of this thread, the seven era really is over. and it couldn't have come at a better time. now why don't you go finish your miller lite and go hang out with the nick lachey's at the local sports bar as you dance the night away in your a-pockets?
post #33 of 151
despite all this argument one thing is FOR CERTAIN: people take their jeans personally
post #34 of 151
Quote:
why do you have that pathetic picture of your ass as your user image?

if you dont include BLM, hil does have arguably the best butt on this forum

i like it.
post #35 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by aipume
despite all this argument one thing is FOR CERTAIN: people take their jeans personally
Haha. Well said. Well said.

While I'm certainly in the diesel camp for my own wardrobe, I can appreciate a good ass in any jeans. There's nothing more attractive or cool than someone comfortable in their clothes AND SKIN.

Hey, it's spring, time for shorts (that wasn't a faux pax on this board was it?)
post #36 of 151
Okay...well sticking to what I said before...you really know nothing about my character and Id hate for you to think you did. It's all prejudgements based on what stuff I like to wear. I don't hang out at those type of bars either OR with those kind of men.... so really we're in the same boat.

The sever era may be over in your head but people are going to continue to wear them! Let me know the day when you walk down the streets of NY and don't see any sevens. Despite that fact, I don't really care if its over because I'll wear what looks good on me...

post #37 of 151
I suppose in 1981 somebody could have posed the question "Is the Calvin Klein era over?"

Some half-witted troll would have would have made an analysis that CK was only being worn by preppies who wore their Ralph Lauren polo shirts with the collars up (and he would then point out how Ralph Lauren was so over).

Therefore CK and RL were soon to be dead labels.

Mind you, I'm not making the correlation that these labels are the epitome of high fashion. Far from it.

But they certainly aren't dead. If anything, they are the two most successful fashion brands in the history of the world.

So you can say that the Sevens era is over. Bear Stearns has some damn smart people working over there. Personally, I think the brand will only grow in popularity and profitability. From a business standpoint, I can think of no other brand that I would rather invest in (If I were able to - can't since it is private equity).

As far as the statement about judging someone's character based on what they wear, I don't think I have read something so dumb since I used to troll white supremacist forums looking for an intellectual debate with the moronic rednecks who hang out there.
post #38 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by labuzan
As far as the statement about judging someone's character based on what they wear, I don't think I have read something so dumb since I used to troll white supremacist forums looking for an intellectual debate with the moronic rednecks who hang out there.
post #39 of 151
BTW Hil, I'm very happy with your current avatar.
post #40 of 151
Haha! Thanks
post #41 of 151
Karl Lagerfeld said, "style is a reflection of a momment, a time, a period"

while i cant afford his clothing, i do believe in this philosophy.

that said, he continues, "[because style is a function of time and place] it does depend on fashion"

Gwen Stefani said something similar when asked if she ever copied peoples idea for style. "I copy all the time! But I take what I see and put it together in such a way that it becomes my own"

Indeed, I think its a little too liberal or extremist to say that "i have style and i dont have to follow fashion", but i understand the practicalities that some of us are poor college students so we can only do so much :P

So for the normal human being, it ends being a blend between practicality and personality.

that said, i think Seven jeans werent meant to "define" your entire outfit like how some jeans can do that. they are rather simple, comfortable, and have subtle nice back pockets. theres a good portion of people who just wear it for status which kinda taints the brand image imo and alot of fakes doesnt help the cause either. nonetheless, i think you cant really even judge someone's style based on just wearing Seven jeans in particular cause it hardly constitutes the whole outfit.

i would need to see the top, the makeup, the accessories, the shoes, etc. and also learn a little about the person's character in order to make any judgement.
post #42 of 151
they sell sevens at my local costco...


sevens era = been over


Not only does every single person who wants a pair can get one but they can go to Costco to get it.
post #43 of 151
IMO, I don't think it matters whether the "7 era" is over... rather it's about being comfortable and looking good. If 7fam look good on you, great. If jeans from Banana or Gap or wherever look good on you; even better because you're saving even more money. Whatever. Point is, if it's comfortable, wear it...own it.
post #44 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauriebell
IMO, I don't think it matters whether the "7 era" is over... rather it's about being comfortable and looking good. If 7fam look good on you, great. If jeans from Banana or Gap or wherever look good on you; even better because you're saving even more money. Whatever. Point is, if it's comfortable, wear it...own it.
i think this whole discussion or argument transcends beyond the simple " if its comfortable and looks good then wear it " mentality cause if it was that simple i hardly see why alot of people are up in arms

that said, i think it has to do more with people's preference in exclusivtivity and style. everyone has their own definition of style although i believe, like art, you cant just bullshit something up and call it style that easily. same said for exclusiveness, when we're talking about people who can afford luxury goods, im sure EVERYONE has a degree of exclusiveness in themselves for things that they care. of course, we're not talking extreme obsessive exclusive disorder gentlemen like ZATHANSRULE but everyone has a amount of exclusiveness that they prefer because after all it coorelates with style because style coorelates with individuality and uniqueness, thus its kinda hard to say you're unique, style wise, if everyone looks exactly like you =P

and yes, im purposely not taking sides in this thread =p
post #45 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by aipume
that said, i think Seven jeans werent meant to "define" your entire outfit like how some jeans can do that. they are rather simple, comfortable, and have subtle nice back pockets. theres a good portion of people who just wear it for status which kinda taints the brand image imo and alot of fakes doesnt help the cause either. nonetheless, i think you cant really even judge someone's style based on just wearing Seven jeans in particular cause it hardly constitutes the whole outfit.

i would need to see the top, the makeup, the accessories, the shoes, etc. and also learn a little about the person's character in order to make any judgement.

Thank god you said that aipume

.... at least one person gets it.
post #46 of 151
hehe

i actually like thinking or philosophizing about the concept of "style"...it's very similar to the Art Question which is "what is art?"

some people think its silly to think of questions you never have a concrete answer but i feel like its a good intellectual exercise and its a constantly evolving thing that directly reflects on my intellectual growth and personal development as a human being
post #47 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by labuzan
I suppose in 1981 somebody could have posed the question "Is the Calvin Klein era over?"

Some half-witted troll would have would have made an analysis that CK was only being worn by preppies who wore their Ralph Lauren polo shirts with the collars up (and he would then point out how Ralph Lauren was so over).

Therefore CK and RL were soon to be dead labels.

Mind you, I'm not making the correlation that these labels are the epitome of high fashion. Far from it.

But they certainly aren't dead. If anything, they are the two most successful fashion brands in the history of the world.

So you can say that the Sevens era is over. Bear Stearns has some damn smart people working over there. Personally, I think the brand will only grow in popularity and profitability. From a business standpoint, I can think of no other brand that I would rather invest in (If I were able to - can't since it is private equity).

As far as the statement about judging someone's character based on what they wear, I don't think I have read something so dumb since I used to troll white supremacist forums looking for an intellectual debate with the moronic rednecks who hang out there.
labuzan, yes there have been studies about what you can tell about someone from what they wear. its not a matter of being judgemental. ever go in a bookstore? they might have some there.
post #48 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitan
they sell sevens at my local costco...


sevens era = been over


Not only does every single person who wants a pair can get one but they can go to Costco to get it.
agreed, eitan. i was going to bring that up myself. at least somebody knows what's going on.
if there's one thing that i disagree wholeheartedly with so far, it has been the phrase "if it's comfortable, wear it". how could you defend sevens with a ridiculous comment like that? sevens are like 20% comfort, 80% style. if comfort was the priority, we'd ALL be wearing sweatpants and certainly not sevens. i find it very odd that super-trendy seven jeans are simply a matter of comfort. please. while im sure theyre not physically uncomfortable, that statement simply makes no sense cos like i said, we'd all be wearing shit if it was true. it should be rephrased as "if it makes you feel secure, wear it".

oh and as far as letting Hil know when i no longer see sevens in the streets of NY? that day is fast approaching if it has not already passed. as much as we can't stand zathansrule, he did once make a statement where he said that people in NY have moved onto better, less trendy brands. im sure a good majority of the NY fashionistas might agree with my stance on sevens. not so much people on this board but in general.
post #49 of 151
what study is that? just seems like an interesting read.


unscientifically speaking, i can tell a little (or atleast i THINK i can) based on what you wear. an extreme case, obviously some bum on the street dressed in tattered clothes isnt someone you're gonna have a conversation with about Donno Karan's recent 2005 fall collection.

based on just wearing Sevens jeans though its gonna be hard to really come up with anything. i mean is the A pocket girls the cuties and the Havanas the girls with good grinding skills?
post #50 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
labuzan, yes there have been studies about what you can tell about someone from what they wear. its not a matter of being judgemental. ever go in a bookstore? they might have some there.
Really now? Point us to some published reports or articles showing data gathered about these studies, then.

I work for a research company so don't even try to BS me.

I wonder what the questions for these supposed studies are like.

Question 1: Do you wear Sevens?
a) Yes
b) No (terminate respondent)

Question 2: Are you a dumb slut?
a) Yes
b) No
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Is the Seven era over?