or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Is the Seven era over?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is the Seven era over?

post #1 of 151
Thread Starter 
What's the deal with the prices of Sevens & COH's on ebay? I bought two authentic pairs of COH and one Seven that didn't work out for me so I resold them, as I have many times, and listed them at 39.99....in the past they've usually gone above what I paid for them, but all three jeans sold for less than $60.....I was shocked! I paid over $100 for all of them.

I also noticed that a lot of authentic desiger goods like Da Nang and Seven & COH are being listed at a higher price ($100+) .... is this because things are not selling like they were? I just boarded the designer jean bus last year, so maybe I don't know the trends. Is it just because it's summer and people are not focused on jeans? Just wondering why the shift in prices.....

PS - love the forum, don't post much, but read often
post #2 of 151
People are cheap and dont know real ones from steaming piles of donkey droppings and so assume that all the fakes on ebay are real. This gives a false impression of what the prices should be and so people aren't willing to pay anything close to retail. Also in particularly fashion-conscious places like NYC and LA, people have already moved on to other brands.
post #3 of 151
Thread Starter 
Moved on to brands like what? I'm near LA, but live in the desert town of bakersfield so we need all the help we can get here......
post #4 of 151
sevens are however going out of style. thank god. i used to think they were ok but they turned into this brand which was like an upscale abercrombie. it seems the people wearing sevens are the same people who wore A+F exclusively but discovered seven after seeing it on many celebrities. i used to wear em but not so much anymore (the mens styles fit terribly). i guess they fit better for girls but im standing by my 'upscale A+F' theory. my speculation is that around 80% of seven fanatics have heard of no more than 3 designer brands.. we'll say seven, COH and juicy.. which i like to call jessica simpson couture. this is all of course my opinion but when i think of those brands i think of those [awful] pointy toe shoes, cut off shirts, dance music and bottles of corona.
post #5 of 151
some might call it 'slut chic'.
post #6 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
this is all of course my opinion but when i think of those brands i think of those [awful] pointy toe shoes, cut off shirts, dance music and bottles of corona.
Hey, cut off shoes, dance music and beer should like fertile ground for getting laid, how can THAT be bad!?

But really, I knew sevens were dead when the shady store in the 181st street train station started selling them...
post #7 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
sevens are however going out of style. thank god. i used to think they were ok but they turned into this brand which was like an upscale abercrombie. it seems the people wearing sevens are the same people who wore A+F exclusively but discovered seven after seeing it on many celebrities. i used to wear em but not so much anymore (the mens styles fit terribly). i guess they fit better for girls but im standing by my 'upscale A+F' theory. my speculation is that around 80% of seven fanatics have heard of no more than 3 designer brands.. we'll say seven, COH and juicy.. which i like to call jessica simpson couture. this is all of course my opinion but when i think of those brands i think of those [awful] pointy toe shoes, cut off shirts, dance music and bottles of corona.
so what's your opinion of brands that are 'in'?
post #8 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
some might call it 'slut chic'.
im quite partial to the slut chic look. but more than that, i LOVE the really expensive euro trash look. but like many ppl on this forum, i can say, sevens fit well, juicy is comfy, and i can name well over 3 designer brands. but i see where ppl are coming from saying that sevens are starting to get played out, especially since i constanly overhear ppl saying "u like my new 7's?" over the less ostentacious sounding "u like my new jeans?" but i loveeeeee the fit and i hope that the era of sevens will not turn out to be like the era of von dutch. ugh, i feel bad for the truckers that have been wearing von dutch since back in the day.
post #9 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
sevens are however going out of style. thank god. i used to think they were ok but they turned into this brand which was like an upscale abercrombie. it seems the people wearing sevens are the same people who wore A+F exclusively but discovered seven after seeing it on many celebrities. i used to wear em but not so much anymore (the mens styles fit terribly). i guess they fit better for girls but im standing by my 'upscale A+F' theory. my speculation is that around 80% of seven fanatics have heard of no more than 3 designer brands.. we'll say seven, COH and juicy.. which i like to call jessica simpson couture. this is all of course my opinion but when i think of those brands i think of those [awful] pointy toe shoes, cut off shirts, dance music and bottles of corona.
so what's your opinion of brands that are 'in'?
well i have varying opinions about brands that are 'in', im certainly not in love with every one of them. and i don't hate brands that are 'out'. but certain brands i am just happy to see go.. such as seven and when COH and juicy go i'll be happy as well. those brands are ridiculously trendy for the sake of being trendy and the sooner they're out, the better for the fashion industry imo. there's a good chance these brands only got big when people started flipping the pages of Star magazine looking for style tips when they saw jennifer lopez (awful dresser) wearing juicy or jessica simpson (even worse) wearing COH. it's so 'bar slut chic'. whatever happened to looking cute in designer clothes (ie: scarlett johannson) and not like some 'girls gone wild' bar whore? that shit's the biggest turnoff and many self-respecting guys might agree with me. ugh i'd be afraid to lose a few brain cells if i was to strike up a conversation with one of those girls.
post #10 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
this is all of course my opinion but when i think of those brands i think of those [awful] pointy toe shoes, cut off shirts, dance music and bottles of corona.
Hey, cut off shoes, dance music and beer should like fertile ground for getting laid, how can THAT be bad!?

But really, I knew sevens were dead when the shady store in the 181st street train station started selling them...
yes i somewhat agree blm, but nine times out of ten a guy has to be void of any noticeable style to be considered for that. the girl wearing the sevens always gets the guy wearing the old navy khakis and the XXL american eagle button down.
post #11 of 151
man. jetsetter has once again been playing with his "A" game.

couldn't have said it better myself.
post #12 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite

so what's your opinion of brands that are 'in'?
well i have varying opinions about brands that are 'in', im certainly not in love with every one of them. and i don't hate brands that are 'out'. but certain brands i am just happy to see go.. such as seven and when COH and juicy go i'll be happy as well. those brands are ridiculously trendy for the sake of being trendy and the sooner they're out, the better for the fashion industry imo. there's a good chance these brands only got big when people started flipping the pages of Star magazine looking for style tips when they saw jennifer lopez (awful dresser) wearing juicy or jessica simpson (even worse) wearing COH. it's so 'bar slut chic'. whatever happened to looking cute in designer clothes (ie: scarlett johannson) and not like some 'girls gone wild' bar whore? that shit's the biggest turnoff and many self-respecting guys might agree with me. ugh i'd be afraid to lose a few brain cells if i was to strike up a conversation with one of those girls.
I just think thats sad that you'd base intellects on what a girl's wearing... And label her as a girls gone wild bar whore/slut because she's got juicy or citizens on...

Each to their own but i feel like im losing a few brain cells listening to your opinion.

<---by the way, j. simpsons style is not just juicy and citizens
post #13 of 151
never mind...got too lazy to write =p
post #14 of 151
I wear what I like and feel comfortable in be it Sevens or some $10.00 payless shoes. I think people should just wear whatever the hell they like and stop worrying about labels and what is trendy. I only recently discovered designer jeans and the only reason I pay so much more for them than a pair of levis is b/c they fit so much better.
post #15 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hil357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite

so what's your opinion of brands that are 'in'?
well i have varying opinions about brands that are 'in', im certainly not in love with every one of them. and i don't hate brands that are 'out'. but certain brands i am just happy to see go.. such as seven and when COH and juicy go i'll be happy as well. those brands are ridiculously trendy for the sake of being trendy and the sooner they're out, the better for the fashion industry imo. there's a good chance these brands only got big when people started flipping the pages of Star magazine looking for style tips when they saw jennifer lopez (awful dresser) wearing juicy or jessica simpson (even worse) wearing COH. it's so 'bar slut chic'. whatever happened to looking cute in designer clothes (ie: scarlett johannson) and not like some 'girls gone wild' bar whore? that shit's the biggest turnoff and many self-respecting guys might agree with me. ugh i'd be afraid to lose a few brain cells if i was to strike up a conversation with one of those girls.
I just think thats sad that you'd base intellects on what a girl's wearing... And label her as a girls gone wild bar whore/slut because she's got juicy or citizens on...

Each to their own but i feel like im losing a few brain cells listening to your opinion.

<---by the way, j. simpsons style is not just juicy and citizens
i'll stop basing intellects on what a girl's wearing when you can show me pictures of a girl wearing Juicy or Seven hanging out in a library. Juicy's one of those really irritating brands that just should not exist imo.
sorry i really don't have as vast a knowledge of jessica simpson's style as some do but is she not just your stereotypical irritating 'juicy girl' (who happens to be famous)? do you disagree? do you really think that jessica simpson has a respectable and original style and is not just an 'it' girl with a big ugly smile?

anyway i agree with JustChar that people shouldn't so much worry about labels. that'd be completely lame. people who consider themselves to be stylish should simply dress 'smart' which includes properly putting yourself together without worrying about displaying all your labels. trends are only important however if you consider yourself 'fashionable'. im tired of hearing people who claim to be fashion-forward but still hold the theory that they and everyone else for that matter should just "wear what they like". wrong. more importantly, you should wear things that match and include one somewhat known designer label in your outfit with the name of that label being as subtle as can be (diesel?). it tells people you have style but you don't need to brag about it. actually almost any piece that doesn't scream "JUICY COUTURE" might work.
post #16 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hil357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Quote:
Originally Posted by litebrite

so what's your opinion of brands that are 'in'?
well i have varying opinions about brands that are 'in', im certainly not in love with every one of them. and i don't hate brands that are 'out'. but certain brands i am just happy to see go.. such as seven and when COH and juicy go i'll be happy as well. those brands are ridiculously trendy for the sake of being trendy and the sooner they're out, the better for the fashion industry imo. there's a good chance these brands only got big when people started flipping the pages of Star magazine looking for style tips when they saw jennifer lopez (awful dresser) wearing juicy or jessica simpson (even worse) wearing COH. it's so 'bar slut chic'. whatever happened to looking cute in designer clothes (ie: scarlett johannson) and not like some 'girls gone wild' bar whore? that shit's the biggest turnoff and many self-respecting guys might agree with me. ugh i'd be afraid to lose a few brain cells if i was to strike up a conversation with one of those girls.
I just think thats sad that you'd base intellects on what a girl's wearing... And label her as a girls gone wild bar whore/slut because she's got juicy or citizens on...

Each to their own but i feel like im losing a few brain cells listening to your opinion.

<---by the way, j. simpsons style is not just juicy and citizens
i'll stop basing intellects on what a girl's wearing when you can show me pictures of a girl wearing Juicy or Seven hanging out in a library. Juicy's one of those really irritating brands that just should not exist imo.
sorry i really don't have as vast a knowledge of jessica simpson's style as some do but is she not just your stereotypical irritating 'juicy girl' (who happens to be famous)? do you disagree? do you really think that jessica simpson has a respectable and original style and is not just an 'it' girl with a big ugly smile?

anyway i agree with JustChar that people shouldn't so much worry about labels. that'd be completely lame. people who consider themselves to be stylish should simply dress 'smart' which includes properly putting yourself together without worrying about displaying all your labels. trends are only important however if you consider yourself 'fashionable'. im tired of hearing people who claim to be fashion-forward but still hold the theory that they and everyone else for that matter should just "wear what they like". wrong. more importantly, you should wear things that match and include one somewhat known designer label in your outfit with the name of that label being as subtle as can be (diesel?). it tells people you have style but you don't need to brag about it. actually almost any piece that doesn't scream "JUICY COUTURE" might work.
IMO this isn't even worth rehashing... Wear what is comfortable and what looks good regardless of brand or price. And PS people do wear 7fam to a library, that's such a strange "correlation" you tried to make there.
post #17 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter
i'll stop basing intellects on what a girl's wearing when you can show me pictures of a girl wearing Juicy or Seven hanging out in a library. Juicy's one of those really irritating brands that just should not exist imo.
sorry i really don't have as vast a knowledge of jessica simpson's style as some do but is she not just your stereotypical irritating 'juicy girl' (who happens to be famous)? do you disagree? do you really think that jessica simpson has a respectable and original style and is not just an 'it' girl with a big ugly smile?
Okay whatever you say ...I wear Juicy, I go to the library?! ...I had a 4.4 gpa in high school and a 3.5 my first year of college. I work my ass off at school... Intellects has NOTHING to do what people wear-thats just absurd!

Maybe people like you have MADE the stereotype of jess being an irritating 'juicy girl'... but in reality, i only see her wearing juicy when shes lounging around. Just a FYI: This is more her style these days... and its def. not Juicy & Citizens:



post #18 of 151
In fact--shes quite into Diesels lately-are they fading too?


post #19 of 151
shes into uggs as well. every ugg in existence should really just be thrown into a large bonfire. ofcourse shes into diesel cos she buys all the designer shit that she wants. the fact that you went out and found all those jessica simpson pictures is quite scary. fact is she dresses terrible and you girls are defending her. look at that horrible oversized bag! she doesnt even have a style since shes in something new everyday.

wow you had a 4.4 gpa. i wasnt necessarily talking about booksmarts. there's a difference between fashion smarts and booksmarts. one can still (not you personally) be retarded in all other aspects of life but still be able to ace a math test. now if you don't mind telling me, what are your personal reasons for wearing 'juicy'?

argh whatever happened to dressing fun and elegant?

PS: there's a LOT of things you can tell about jessica simpson by looking at who she's married to.. classic example of macho buffoon. christ next thing you know you girls will be defending her sister!
post #20 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetter

wow you had a 4.4 gpa. i wasnt necessarily talking about booksmarts. there's a difference between fashion smarts and book smarts. one can still (not you personally) be retarded in all other aspects of life but still be able to ace a math test.
if you weren't talking about booksmarts, why would you ask for someone to present you a picture of someone wearing seven or juicy in a library?

and yea.. maybe i don't wear juicy but i sure as hell wear seven! i'm not a slut, i have had a 4.0 for the past three semesters.. and i have also been told that i dress VERY well (and not by a bunch of apes either). so i guess you can say that i can ace a calc IV test and look good doing it... and i'm sure i'm not the only one.

Man, this is just lame... people should just wear whatever the hell they want and they shouldn't have to worry about people judging them by what they wear. that's just shallow.

For those of you that are reading this... who afraid to wear the stuff they want to because others say it's "sooooo 2 years ago"... who cares? your not wearing it for them anyway (unless you are.. then i can't help you)

and for whoever said that girls who wear sevens can only get guys who wear american eagle or old navy... well then i sure as hell rather have a guy like that than a guy who thinks he's so damn HOT and smart for wearing designer clothing that's "in".
post #21 of 151


Funny you should choose that picture to post when trying to say Jessica is over J.C. and Sevens considering those are Juicy Jeans.
post #22 of 151
Haha okay this is ridiculous!

-You werent talking about booksmarts: whats with the library!? I dont think ppl are studying fashion or aspects of life there...
-Jessica's bag isn't a purse but a DOG CARRIER...
-I went to one site and saw those pictures all on the same page-didn't have to search so I dont know why its scary!
-I don't think anyone really knows anything about JS so don't try to judge her (OR OTHERS) by the way they dress or who theyre married to-you know nothing about either one of them...nor do you know anything about me. My whole point is you can judge me all you want by what I wear but you sure as hell won't walk up to me and call me a "girls gone wild whore/slut" because Im wearing a brand that you, for some reason, despise.
-I like JC because one: i love the colors, two: its very comfy, three: i can mix/match with anything, 4: i can find it cheap
-SevenKid I don't really think they are Juicy jeans-most JC jeans have this design on the butt and that doesn't look like them at all, but thats just my opinion:



You stick to your wardrobe, whatever it may be, and the women you think look good in whatever you want them to wear...I'll stick to what I look good in and men that don't judge me by my wardrobe
post #23 of 151
are you guys into liz claiborne too?
post #24 of 151
I've got a purse ...Why?

Im sure you're going to correlate Liz and Juicy since Liz took over JC or slt...
post #25 of 151
yea thats exactly what i was doing. just seeing if you knew or not.. you guys should toss your sevens and buy some antik before jessica snags em and they become the next big thing only to become lame shortly thereafter. the only reason i feel this way about sevens is cos it seems that 95% of seven wearers think theyre such hot shit in their sevens. its disgusting. and to top it off they have to wear uggs along with them. same goes for juicy. i actually want to buy a pair of juicy jeans for men so when i tell shallow juicy girls (im not naming names am i) who makes them they can twirl their hair and be like 'umm isn't that like um a girl brand'?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Is the Seven era over?