or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › True Religion Jeans › got my Rainbow patchworks hemmed...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

got my Rainbow patchworks hemmed...

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
I was so excited to go and pick up my jeans, so i could finally wear my first pair of TR jeans. I went to Nordstrom and picked them up, glanced at the hem, which looked decent.(i was so nervous getting them hemmed. I had them reattach the original hem w/the "sandwich" method for the first time).
Anyhow, i measured the inseam last night, seemed okay. Then this morning I measured both legs like 10 times...then tried them on. One legs is almost 3/4 inch shorter than the other. The worst thing is that i like the leg that is longer. I just want to cry. I know Nordstrom can make them even, but i like the longer leg.
Do i have any recourse at all? Can I make them try and find me another pair somewhere? I know people here have mentioned they were at some Racks. I bought them from a forum member and lied and told them i got them through a Rack.
I am just so sad my $372 jeans are not perfect
post #2 of 29
wow... yeah i would be irate if that happend to me. you should tell them that they messed your jeans up. and about that whole rack issue, try saying that you threw away the reciept. it never hurts to try and besides it was their mistake...
post #3 of 29
that sucks i am getting my rainbows hemmed right now and i hope they turn out ok. i am paranoid considering how much these cost, plus i am getting my sammys and joey big T med clearwaters hemmed too. They were just waay too long for me to wear without cuffing them.
post #4 of 29

Re: got my Rainbow patchworks hemmed...

That really sucks Is there anyway to fix them?? How about making the inseam same and sell them to other person and get a new one~
There is a good price on this site I hope there is your size.
https://store.shoptangerine.com/true...acturers_id=35
post #5 of 29
Thread Starter 

Re: got my Rainbow patchworks hemmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janecat
That really sucks Is there anyway to fix them?? How about making the inseam same and sell them to other person and get a new one~
There is a good price on this site I hope there is your size.
https://store.shoptangerine.com/true...acturers_id=35
They can certainly be fixed, they would just be shorter than what i would like them. I called NOrdstrom. They seem to think they can be fixed(which they can't without making them shorter than what i want.) they want me to come in and have them take a look.
Thanks for that website. that is exacylt what i paid for them. they have my size, but i don't want to purchase them, Norstrom needs to
post #6 of 29
Oh man Jen, I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how worried you were about getting them hemmed too. Definitely take them back...regardless of whether you paid full price or 1/10th of the price...those are $372 jeans and if Nordstroms messed them up, they need to make it right!

So I'm confused...did the inseam of both legs have the same measurements and when you put them on one was shorter? Or were they uneven before even putting them on? Not that it should make a difference, because some people have one leg longer than the other. They should have measured/marked BOTH legs when they measured you...not take the measurement of 1 leg and apply it to both.
post #7 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley1
Oh man Jen, I'm sorry that happened to you. I know how worried you were about getting them hemmed too. Definitely take them back...regardless of whether you paid full price or 1/10th of the price...those are $372 jeans and if Nordstroms messed them up, they need to make it right!

So I'm confused...did the inseam of both legs have the same measurements and when you put them on one was shorter? Or were they uneven before even putting them on? Not that it should make a difference, because some people have one leg longer than the other. They should have measured/marked BOTH legs when they measured you...not take the measurement of 1 leg and apply it to both.
One leg is 1/2 inch shorter than the other. When i put them on, it is noticable to me, that's why i measured them over and over again. The shorter leg looks shorter than it is. (it measures 30 3/4, which shouldn't be bad for me wearing flast and tennies, but when i put the shoes on, the hem is like an inch off ground. Now, that isn't accurate since it's me looking in the mirror backwards at them, but still, in front i can tell the way the jeans lie, that they aren't even.
They totally measured the way they always do, the right way. She marked the backs of my legs and everything. And i know legs can be different, but i am thinking that mine arent, or they got them backwards or something
i guess i need to get my husbands view of them when he gets home, to see how short the one leg really is.
post #8 of 29
Hi there, I bought a pair of jeans from nordstrom rack, will they hem them for you at nordstrom? how much did you pay to have the original hems put back on? I need a few pairs hemmed. Thanks!
post #9 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexburch
Hi there, I bought a pair of jeans from nordstrom rack, will they hem them for you at nordstrom? how much did you pay to have the original hems put back on? I need a few pairs hemmed. Thanks!
they wil charge you 19 instead of 18 since they were bought from a Rack. (That is using the original hem.)
post #10 of 29
I'm so sorry it happened to you...totally devastating You definitely should take it back and ask them to reimburse or do something to fix it to your expectation. I have all my TR hemmed in a dry cleaner that I trust very much. The tailor there does fantastic jobs on the original hem, I can't even notice they've been hemmed. Maybe you could try the professional tailor in a dry cleaner next time. Good luck and I hope you get whatever makes you satisfied.
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavonne_nyc
I'm so sorry it happened to you...totally devastating You definitely should take it back and ask them to reimburse or do something to fix it to your expectation. I have all my TR hemmed in a dry cleaner that I trust very much. The tailor there does fantastic jobs on the original hem, I can't even notice they've been hemmed. Maybe you could try the professional tailor in a dry cleaner next time. Good luck and I hope you get whatever makes you satisfied.
Yeah, I do the same thing. You really need to take them to a professional tailor, they do a much better job then nordstroms.
post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
do most tailors know how to use the original hem? i have just been so nervous to try one....
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen10
do most tailors know how to use the original hem? i have just been so nervous to try one....
Every one I've been to knows how. And I never get them measured when I'm wearing them, instead I just tell them how long I want the inseam to be.
post #14 of 29
I never have them mark them I have them make a mess of jeans before I just tell them inseam I want
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen10
do most tailors know how to use the original hem? i have just been so nervous to try one....
Good ones know what original hem is when you mention it. But I know not all tailors in dry cleaners can do it though..You need to ask around or take it to the one that has good reputation on doing alterations.
post #16 of 29
I got my VB crowns hemmed at spatola, which is supposed to be very good, They totally made my jeans way too short, it doesn't look like the original hem, which i asked for, and then for some reason they put a patch on the inside of a part of the jeans that are purposely distressed.
Makes me soooo mad..spent 320 on those jeans and looked forever for them.
post #17 of 29
Thread Starter 
To everyone that knows about all i have went through with these jeans:
Good News Nordstrom called me just now, they have found me another pair at a rack in Michigan in my size i will have them by next week...now i get to be nervous all over again having them hemmed
post #18 of 29
Don't forget to wash/dry them before hemming...
post #19 of 29
This is why I do my own hemming.
I don't think I could leave my jeans in the hands of anybody else.

I re-attach the original hem and everything. It's not that hard, and only takes about a half hour to do.

I went into a boutique at "Mandalay Place" in Vegas, and all of the workers were going ga-ga over my jeans, and how I do my own hemming. They were asking where I live (er, too bad I'm 1,000 miles from Vegas!) and if I watned a job! LOL
post #20 of 29
Do most tailors refund/replace your jeans if they mess them up! I'm getting a pair of Joeys and I'm really scared to get them hemmed Especially because there aren't any Nordstroms in Gainesville or anything so I have to take them to a private tailor...
post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayspeckledgoose
This is why I do my own hemming.
I don't think I could leave my jeans in the hands of anybody else.

I re-attach the original hem and everything. It's not that hard, and only takes about a half hour to do.

I went into a boutique at "Mandalay Place" in Vegas, and all of the workers were going ga-ga over my jeans, and how I do my own hemming. They were asking where I live (er, too bad I'm 1,000 miles from Vegas!) and if I watned a job! LOL
Where do you live? i am in southwest Minneapolis in Lakeville? How far are you from me? I can pay you to hem for me?
post #22 of 29
i'm sure they can fix it, if they can't they'll have to get you a new pair since they screwed up. nordstrom is all about customer service so i'm sure everything will be fine : )
post #23 of 29
That sucks. The tailors at my Nordies suck too. There's always threads hanging out all over the place, and it's $18 for a tricky hem even if you bought the pants there. My wife and I dropped off 5 pairs of jeans at a local guy tonight. He charges $21 for a tricky hem and does a great job.
post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepie2209
Do most tailors refund/replace your jeans if they mess them up! I'm getting a pair of Joeys and I'm really scared to get them hemmed Especially because there aren't any Nordstroms in Gainesville or anything so I have to take them to a private tailor...
It depends on the tailor. I'd bring a receipt, and ask them if they cover accidents and such, and make sure you have it in writing that they will cover the jeans if they ruin them. A good tailor will be happy to do this.

As for fitting, my experience has been that I put on the shoes I'm planning on wearing with them (or a pair of 1.5" heels if I dont know), and my aunt pins them while I stand, has me walk around, and then come back to make sure they dont shift. I've never had an issue doing it that way, and I'm double jointed, so it looks like I have the one leg longer thing.
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keri
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiepie2209
Do most tailors refund/replace your jeans if they mess them up! I'm getting a pair of Joeys and I'm really scared to get them hemmed Especially because there aren't any Nordstroms in Gainesville or anything so I have to take them to a private tailor...
It depends on the tailor. I'd bring a receipt, and ask them if they cover accidents and such, and make sure you have it in writing that they will cover the jeans if they ruin them. A good tailor will be happy to do this.

As for fitting, my experience has been that I put on the shoes I'm planning on wearing with them (or a pair of 1.5" heels if I dont know), and my aunt pins them while I stand, has me walk around, and then come back to make sure they dont shift. I've never had an issue doing it that way, and I'm double jointed, so it looks like I have the one leg longer thing.
I had mine pin them so that they touched the floor when I was wearing flats (I wear heels very infrequently) and then I asked her to add another .5" to be sure. She better not mess them up!!!! I'll know Wednesday
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: True Religion Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › True Religion Jeans › got my Rainbow patchworks hemmed...