or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Anyone had plastic surgery??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone had plastic surgery?? - Page 3

post #51 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics
Not yet, but I don't know if a breast reduction is considered PS. I have already talked to a Dr. and he said to wait till after I have kids. THat was 2 yrs. ago, I haven't had any kids and am really ambivalent about having them. If I get pregnant, great, but if not, I will live with it. No matter how much wieght I lose, I will always be a DD/DDD, whether it is a 34, 36 or 38. I did like it for the first part of my life, but now, I just don't enjoy the imbalance. It looks natural on me, but I want smaller, and insurance will cover it!

So when I finally do go under the knife, I will probably ship in and get a lift at the same time. I have NEVER been perky,
OMG kenics, this is my story. . .exactly. . .right down to the size! I haven't figured out how to get INS to pay for it. People don't understand the back pain and just the fact that you can't go in just any store and buy a bikini ore even just a bra! I think a reduction would do alot for my self esteem. Not that it is bad now, but I would all smiles. Do I need to go to the chiropractor (sp?) for documentation. . .because my regular doc just gives me pain meds.

Oh and perky. . .what is that?
Supposedly there are certain signs that indicate they are too large...

grooves on top of the shoulders (mine aren't really that bad)
stretch marks on the breast ( nuff said)
rash underneath the breast (I do get these ocassionally)

I can't remember where I heard all that, but I was like Huh! yeah that's me. If your doc has been prescribing you meds for a while specifically for that then I think there is proof. I would call your doctor, or ask someone you trust for a rec on a PS. When you meet with them, tell them your story. They know the score and will probably tell you your best bet for getting Ins to pick up the tab.

P.S. It almost seems like a fairy tale that my nipples would point somewhere other than south, probably TMI, but oh well!
post #52 of 308
Oh yeah....Sorry about Oklahoma, the only uglier state that I am aware of is Nebraska. My parents moved from OK to Oregon before they had kids, but I visited every year
post #53 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics

Supposedly there are certain signs that indicate they are too large...

grooves on top of the shoulders (mine aren't really that bad)
stretch marks on the breast ( nuff said)
rash underneath the breast (I do get these ocassionally)

I can't remember where I heard all that, but I was like Huh! yeah that's me. If your doc has been prescribing you meds for a while specifically for that then I think there is proof. I would call your doctor, or ask someone you trust for a rec on a PS. When you meet with them, tell them your story. They know the score and will probably tell you your best bet for getting Ins to pick up the tab.

P.S. It almost seems like a fairy tale that my nipples would point somewhere other than south, probably TMI, but oh well!
i get the grooves. . .not really bad. . .have some evil stretch marks and have had the rash when i wore a sports bra and ran. ouch! Once I went to a ob-gyn and he told me "they aren't that big". Yes they are! My problem is that I have been to several docs and they all want to give me pain meds. Damn it, I don't want a fix. I want a cure! BTW, one is noticably larger then the other

(what is TMI?)
post #54 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics
Oh yeah....Sorry about Oklahoma, the only uglier state that I am aware of is Nebraska. My parents moved from OK to Oregon before they had kids, but I visited every year
Ugh! Tell me about it. I am from KS, like that is much better, but am only here for school/residency. (There is no optometry school in KS) My residency is almost over and then I'm outta here!
post #55 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics
Oh yeah....Sorry about Oklahoma, the only uglier state that I am aware of is Nebraska. My parents moved from OK to Oregon before they had kids, but I visited every year

I call it Oklahella.
post #56 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebrown
(what is TMI?)
Too much information
post #57 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasntme
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics
Oh yeah....Sorry about Oklahoma, the only uglier state that I am aware of is Nebraska. My parents moved from OK to Oregon before they had kids, but I visited every year

I call it Oklahella.
were you born there april or did you move there?
post #58 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics

Supposedly there are certain signs that indicate they are too large...

grooves on top of the shoulders (mine aren't really that bad)
stretch marks on the breast ( nuff said)
rash underneath the breast (I do get these ocassionally)
Sounds terrible, ouch... In this situation I would have the plastic surgery. There is real benefit for your health, it's not about vanity. The vanity side effect is just an added bonus. I'm sure it is hard to find clothing that fits right.
post #59 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizm75
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics

Supposedly there are certain signs that indicate they are too large...

grooves on top of the shoulders (mine aren't really that bad)
stretch marks on the breast ( nuff said)
rash underneath the breast (I do get these ocassionally)
Sounds terrible, ouch... In this situation I would have the plastic surgery. There is real benefit for your health, it's not about vanity. The vanity side effect is just an added bonus. I'm sure it is hard to find clothing that fits right.
Hehe...speaking of vanity, we all are here because we're obsessed with buying designer jeans. :P So all of us are vain and appearance-obsessed and superficial to some extent...

But I do hear your point & appreciate it. It's screwed up that women are conditioned to believe that we're all made to look like the same cookie-cutter Barbie doll, and if we don't, we should go to drastic measures to fix it.
post #60 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizm75

Sounds terrible, ouch... In this situation I would have the plastic surgery. There is real benefit for your health, it's not about vanity. The vanity side effect is just an added bonus. I'm sure it is hard to find clothing that fits right.
Oh Liz, it is terrible. Especially trying to find cute tops to go clubbing in. I have a few strapless bras but they just don't have the support. So I have to wear shirts that I can wear a bra with. And then everything has those seams to wear your boobs have to fit in that area, ugh.

Another thing, I sleep on my side and it feels like I am sufficating.
post #61 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics

Supposedly there are certain signs that indicate they are too large...

grooves on top of the shoulders (mine aren't really that bad)
stretch marks on the breast ( nuff said)
rash underneath the breast (I do get these ocassionally)
i get the grooves. . .not really bad. . .have some evil stretch marks and have had the rash when i wore a sports bra and ran. ouch! Once I went to a ob-gyn and he told me "they aren't that big". Yes they are! My problem is that I have been to several docs and they all want to give me pain meds. Damn it, I don't want a fix. I want a cure! BTW, one is noticably larger then the other

(what is TMI?)
Arrogant or ignorant pricks! You are in charge of your health, you have to be in this day & age. Either get a new PCP or make the appt yourself with a PS. THis is a VERY common surgery, and these docs should be happy to give you a referral. My chiro told me that a C cup was really about the biggest you should go. Of course as we know a 36C is the same as a 34D, but you get the idea. Also, make sure you are at the weight you want to be (realistically) & can maintain it before you have the surgery. That said Pilates has some really great exercises for strengthening your back, and they DO make a difference. I didn't realize how much until, I quit, and that was where I felt it first & saw it in my posture.

Do you know anyone that is a nurse? They have eyes and ears. Maybe set an appt with a Chiro for an initial consultation, Ins might cover that as well. (I am really fortunate in that regard, I can have 60 visits a year.)
post #62 of 308
I’ve been thinking about getting laser scar removal. I fell off my bike 8 years ago and it left a scar below my nose. Has anyone ever have laser scar removal? Did it make your scar worse or is it barely noticeable now?
post #63 of 308
I just wanted to make one point about getting breast implants

Several people have mentioned how if your boobs are too big then it must be hard to find clothes to fit. Note: You ladies that deal with pain from that I can't even imagine. Even worse that insurance companies/doctors blow you off!
It is equally hard to find clothes to fit when you are smaller up top. If you are like me, and your boobs are up around your freaking neck, it is hard to find tops and dresses that fit as well. If it's got a deep V, or a U neck, or hell, even a lot of these new "boy beater" tanks unless I want to sport the "completely exposed bra look" I can't even wear them. I've never bought a dress that I haven't had to have the top completely altered/straps taken up on and a lot of tanks (C&C, Splendid, etc) even in an extra small come down much lower than would be decent. A lot of dress shirts I cannot wear either.

I'm not saying I'm gonna get implants or anything, I'm actually proportionate to my body and I'm finally happy with the size I am (it has taken a LONG time to get to this point), but there are reasons to go bigger other than vanity, medical necessity (one much larger than the other), or to fix your body after the ravages of pregnancy.

To each their own. If someone is otherwise perfectly mentally stable and just wants to fix something that has bothered them and it makes them feel better about themselves, by all means, go for it. If they are using it as a way to ignore any mental/emotional problems, then yes, there is an issue there.

All my opinion of course.

Oh, and LindsE...I'm with you on many many counts, hun. *hugs*
post #64 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics
Arrogant or ignorant pricks! You are in charge of your health, you have to be in this day & age. Either get a new PCP or make the appt yourself with a PS. THis is a VERY common surgery, and these docs should be happy to give you a referral. My chiro told me that a C cup was really about the biggest you should go. Of course as we know a 36C is the same as a 34D, but you get the idea. Also, make sure you are at the weight you want to be (realistically) & can maintain it before you have the surgery. That said Pilates has some really great exercises for strengthening your back, and they DO make a difference. I didn't realize how much until, I quit, and that was where I felt it first & saw it in my posture.

Do you know anyone that is a nurse? They have eyes and ears. Maybe set an appt with a Chiro for an initial consultation, Ins might cover that as well. (I am really fortunate in that regard, I can have 60 visits a year.)
I need to check into my INS about a chiro. Can they refer you to a PS or does a PCP have to? I know some nurses but they all work with me, at a VA hospital (= old men, no boobs. . .well, none of my caliber). I haven't tried Pilates but I will look into that too. As for the weight thing, I am heavier then I want to be. Do I need to lose because I won't be able to exercise or are there any other reasons to be at my ideal weight first? I need to lose just because anyway. I don't like how my denim fit right now! Thanks Nicole! You are a sweetheart!
post #65 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesamarie33
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasntme
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenics
Oh yeah....Sorry about Oklahoma, the only uglier state that I am aware of is Nebraska. My parents moved from OK to Oregon before they had kids, but I visited every year

I call it Oklahella.
were you born there april or did you move there?
My parents moved us here when I was a kid. I moved away but family obligations brought me back. *sigh* One day......
post #66 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverVT
I just wanted to make one point about getting breast implants

Several people have mentioned how if your boobs are too big then it must be hard to find clothes to fit. Note: You ladies that deal with pain from that I can't even imagine. Even worse that insurance companies/doctors blow you off!
It is equally hard to find clothes to fit when you are smaller up top. If you are like me, and your boobs are up around your freaking neck, it is hard to find tops and dresses that fit as well. If it's got a deep V, or a U neck, or hell, even a lot of these new "boy beater" tanks unless I want to sport the "completely exposed bra look" I can't even wear them. I've never bought a dress that I haven't had to have the top completely altered/straps taken up on and a lot of tanks (C&C, Splendid, etc) even in an extra small come down much lower than would be decent. A lot of dress shirts I cannot wear either.

I'm not saying I'm gonna get implants or anything, I'm actually proportionate to my body and I'm finally happy with the size I am (it has taken a LONG time to get to this point), but there are reasons to go bigger other than vanity, medical necessity (one much larger than the other), or to fix your body after the ravages of pregnancy.

To each their own. If someone is otherwise perfectly mentally stable and just wants to fix something that has bothered them and it makes them feel better about themselves, by all means, go for it. If they are using it as a way to ignore any mental/emotional problems, then yes, there is an issue there.

All my opinion of course.

Oh, and LindsE...I'm with you on many many counts, hun. *hugs*
I do feel for you. Why is it so hard for us, on both extremes, to find clothes to fit and look pretty? We need to design clothes for our shapes. Surely there is a market for it. There are NO cute bras for my size either. Ok, enough of my bitching. I am going to the gym. Partially inspired by my chubbiness and also inspired by kenics. Thanks girl!
post #67 of 308
I'm fairly little, and littler than most of the other moms I know, but I swear that if I can't work out enough to get rid of certain little areas, I'd consider lypo. Maybe.

Then again, I can't really say I've given it my all in the first place. It's really only dumb luck and a willingness not to eat occasionally that's allowing me to stay relatively skinny. I am naturally lazy, so before I'd consider PS I'd force myself to work out 4-5 x a week for, say, a year. I hate quick fixes, and would lose respect for myself if I didn't try it the 'right' way first.
post #68 of 308
On the subject of breast reductions I have attempted 3 times to have insurance cover it. Each time it has been denied. I suffer back pain all day long. To the point it's difficult to pick up my children, give them a bath and even work out. I have seen a chiropracter for several months, a physical therapist. Nothing has worked and they just want my money. I have had an MRI done to make sure I did't have any major problems. I have heard that insuance companies are getting really strict on approving breast reductions. The sad thing is I have suffered from this since I was 17 10+years ago. Small chested women want larger chests and us busty girls want them reduced. My chest has caused me to be very insecure. I need to get over it. I am sick of wearing these wide strap grandma looking minimizers. Turn the lights off!!!!!

Any suggestions on what else to do to have the insurance companies cover this procedure?
post #69 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebrown

I do feel for you. Why is it so hard for us, on both extremes, to find clothes to fit and look pretty? We need to design clothes for our shapes. Surely there is a market for it. There are NO cute bras for my size either. Ok, enough of my bitching. I am going to the gym. Partially inspired by my chubbiness and also inspired by kenics. Thanks girl!
Two things - there are bras that fit! I personally swear by Gossard... (I buy them on eBay, they're usually 1/2 retail!), but there are other brands too - Berlei, Panache... I can't think of more... try looking at Figleaves.com

And I believe the reason losing weight is suggested is because usually weight is lost from the breasts, too. My aunt wanted a reduction, but the PS told her to lose 20-30lbs first (she wasn't obese or really overweight, either). Sure enough, she lost the weight, and her breasts were at a managable size. I'm sure that doesn't work for everyone, but I think you need to try first (but I think that may be a Canadian thing). Just a thought!
post #70 of 308
what cup size do you have that you are not able to fill out tops? i have seen some plastic surgery before and after pics and there are women who were totally flat. If my breasts were like that i would consider surgery. I am a 34B/36A (depends on what brand) and i think mine are perfect for me - i would never consider getting a breast implant even though there are people who would think they are way too small. I can still fill out tops, but they are not big enough to cause me any problems.
post #71 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta_07
what cup size do you have that you are not able to fill out tops? i have seen some plastic surgery before and after pics and there are women who were totally flat. If my breasts were like that i would consider surgery. I am a 34B/36A (depends on what brand) and i think mine are perfect for me - i would never consider getting a breast implant even though there are people who would think they are way too small. I can still fill out tops, but they are not big enough to cause me any problems.
*lol* I don't want to broadcast my bra size around the board. But I'm not completely flat - though I do know what you mean about those women and I completely feel for them.

I am what would be considered a normal, if smallish, size like I said, I'm quite proportional to my body (find one of my pics...what you see is what you get. ). My problem is that they are up around my neck. it's ridiculous. Something about their positioning coupled with their size makes it impossible to buy tops.

I'm just using me as an example 'cause I know me and my situation, I'm not saying I have it all that bad. I wanted to illustrate a point that getting implants is not necessarily for those who have extremely low self-esteem and are searching for a way to fix that or for simple vanity's sake. It was just to be a counter-viewpoint to those who expressed their view that plastic surgery is needless.

I feel more for the women whose breasts cause them chronic pain and women who a extremely small as to be nearly non-existant than me. I simply cannot imagine dealing with the extremes on either end.
post #72 of 308
I've had my boobs done to refill them after BFing two kids. I also had some lipo done on some weird fat pockets that I've had since I was 18. I'd had them since I was 18 even though I'm skinny. Nothing I did would make it go away so I got 'em sucked.
post #73 of 308
havent had anything done unless you count scar revision [and another one to come]. but if i did get anything done i would have a boob reduction. i wouldnt even want one if people made clothes and bras to fit. everytime i pick up a top it is straight up and down. there are no curves in the cut at all. how can that be a realistic shape??? i have to by the size that fits my boobs and cut a huge waist into it so it doesnt look baggy underneath them. and bras, dont even get me started. the ones in my size are too expensive, uncomfortable, ugly and a bad shape. i would also like something done about my extremely hollow eyes. i hate looking sick all the time. its bad enough actually being sick without looking like you have been dragged through a hedge backwards.
post #74 of 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by romansmom731
On the subject of breast reductions I have attempted 3 times to have insurance cover it. Each time it has been denied. I suffer back pain all day long. To the point it's difficult to pick up my children, give them a bath and even work out. I have seen a chiropracter for several months, a physical therapist. Nothing has worked and they just want my money. I have had an MRI done to make sure I did't have any major problems. I have heard that insuance companies are getting really strict on approving breast reductions. The sad thing is I have suffered from this since I was 17 10+years ago. Small chested women want larger chests and us busty girls want them reduced. My chest has caused me to be very insecure. I need to get over it. I am sick of wearing these wide strap grandma looking minimizers. Turn the lights off!!!!!

Any suggestions on what else to do to have the insurance companies cover this procedure?
How the HELL could insurance deny you guys? All you really need to do is go to a family doctor and tell him you are in PAIN. CRY if you must. Say you have headaches. Hunch over. Do whatever it takes. All I did was go to a consultation with my PS and he made a referal for my insurance and they paid plus paid for my lift which was cosmetic. I think we ended up paying maybe $1000.
post #75 of 308
UHHH, no.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Anyone had plastic surgery??