or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › What are You Listening to Today? (w/ Videos)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are You Listening to Today? (w/ Videos) - Page 75

post #1851 of 4196
Somebody to Love - Queen
post #1852 of 4196
pass the peas - maceo parker
post #1853 of 4196
Si tú no vuelves - Miguel Bosé
post #1854 of 4196
Mars Volta, all day every day.
post #1855 of 4196
^ I see more and more ppl talking about them, I've heard one of their songs...maybe I should re-listen to it!

I am listening to Sade.
post #1856 of 4196
red hot chili peppers - under the bridge
post #1857 of 4196
Right Now : Arctic Monkeys - A Certain Romance...

Whats next...I dunno , its shuffled !
post #1858 of 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulzIsAuthentic View Post
^ I see more and more ppl talking about them, I've heard one of their songs...maybe I should re-listen to it!

I am listening to Sade.
Julz - I have noticed your signatures are exclusively Muse lyrics.

Muse is also one of my favorites, so that should tell you something. There is, I think, a lot of overlap in the fan bases of the two groups. If you like Muse's ballads and poppy stuff, Mars Volta might be too weird for you. But if you like Muse's harder stuff ("Knights of Cydonia" for example, my personal favorite, or "Shrinking Universe"), then you should definitely check out Mars Volta.

They're kind of a mix of Rush (the original prog-rock band) and Faith no More with a little Led Zeppelin thrown in. They rock harder than anyone out there IMO, but when listening to their CD you have to sit through a lot of drawn-out quiet parts, and sometimes some very annoying noises (screeching, feedback, etc).

You have to be in the mood to listen to them...and if you're playing them for a friend, you have to make sure it's not during one of their crazy bits because your friend will be like "WTF is this?"

They really challenge the listener, unlike Muse who just delivers, constantly, song after song, in nice digestible 5-6-minute chunks.

Mars Volta's tracks run into each other...sometimes one song can run for over an hour when they just start jamming like a bunch of madmen. Basically the albums are meant to be played start-to-finish, not cherrypicked like Muse.

Hope this helps...they just came out with a new album which is apparently just straight rocking, no wanking.
post #1859 of 4196
Blonde Redhead
post #1860 of 4196
The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping (Take 1)
post #1861 of 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Julz - I have noticed your signatures are exclusively Muse lyrics.

Muse is also one of my favorites, so that should tell you something. There is, I think, a lot of overlap in the fan bases of the two groups. If you like Muse's ballads and poppy stuff, Mars Volta might be too weird for you. But if you like Muse's harder stuff ("Knights of Cydonia" for example, my personal favorite, or "Shrinking Universe"), then you should definitely check out Mars Volta.

They're kind of a mix of Rush (the original prog-rock band) and Faith no More with a little Led Zeppelin thrown in. They rock harder than anyone out there IMO, but when listening to their CD you have to sit through a lot of drawn-out quiet parts, and sometimes some very annoying noises (screeching, feedback, etc).

You have to be in the mood to listen to them...and if you're playing them for a friend, you have to make sure it's not during one of their crazy bits because your friend will be like "WTF is this?"

They really challenge the listener, unlike Muse who just delivers, constantly, song after song, in nice digestible 5-6-minute chunks.

Mars Volta's tracks run into each other...sometimes one song can run for over an hour when they just start jamming like a bunch of madmen. Basically the albums are meant to be played start-to-finish, not cherrypicked like Muse.

Hope this helps...they just came out with a new album which is apparently just straight rocking, no wanking.
Yes, I love Muse! The same person who intro'd me to Muse let me listen to Mars Volta too.

What you wrote helped a lot, thank you...I will listen to the album in full before I make my final decision on them. TY, again!
post #1862 of 4196
03-sean_garrett_feat._ludacris-grippin_(dirty)
post #1863 of 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulzIsAuthentic View Post
Yes, I love Muse! The same person who intro'd me to Muse let me listen to Mars Volta too.

What you wrote helped a lot, thank you...I will listen to the album in full before I make my final decision on them. TY, again!
Their first album "De-loused in the Crematorium" is still their best IMO...next is "Frances the Mute" which has some moments of perfection but a lot of weirdness...then "Amputechture" which is kinda weird and doesn't rock as hard.

Have you ever seen Muse live, Julz? I am not much of a live music fan but I have seen them twice and it was almost like an out-of-body experience.
post #1864 of 4196
2 Julz , Ross - Love Muse They're great life, But i prefer "Kings Of Leon" Sh*t hot Life.!!!
post #1865 of 4196
the aquabats - red sweater
post #1866 of 4196
Ghostland Observatory - Paparazzi Lightning album
MGMT -Oracular Spectacular
The National -Boxer
post #1867 of 4196
Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want
post #1868 of 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokesimon View Post
MGMT -Oracular Spectacular
Amaaaaaaazing song
post #1869 of 4196
DT8 Project - Breathe (Alex Morph vs Woody van Eyden remix)
Aya - Sean
Jedi Mind Tricks & Ill Bill - The Heavy Metal Kings
post #1870 of 4196
01-jah_cure-green_grass-gully
post #1871 of 4196
Ferry Corsten - Trance Energy 2008 Jaarbeurs Utrecht Feb. 23, 08
post #1872 of 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tee* View Post
03-sean_garrett_feat._ludacris-grippin_(dirty)
stop downloading scene release mp3's.......
illegal.
post #1873 of 4196
Quote:
Originally Posted by abercrombieboy90 View Post
stop downloading scene release mp3's.......
illegal.
I don't download them...
I AM the scene !

01-usher-love_in_this_club_(featuring_young_jeezy)-ffk
post #1874 of 4196
Common - I Want You
post #1875 of 4196
01-lyfe_jennings-never_never_land_(clean_album).mp3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › What are You Listening to Today? (w/ Videos)