or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › What did you eat today?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What did you eat today? - Page 5

post #101 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
This is the most hysterical comment I have read in awhile.

Maybe you should try some sushi- you (gasp!) might like it!

I've gotta agree with rallia on this one! I know a lot of girls who HATE the taste of sushi but always talk about 'how much they LOVE it' just because it is trendy.

I have had it, and I won't ever make that mistake again.
post #102 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tour90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
This is the most hysterical comment I have read in awhile.

Maybe you should try some sushi- you (gasp!) might like it!
i'd keep it really simple, start off with some california rolls. Hmmmmmmmmmm
i dont consider california rolls sushi.
post #103 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
This is the most hysterical comment I have read in awhile.

Maybe you should try some sushi- you (gasp!) might like it!

I've gotta agree with rallia on this one! I know a lot of girls who HATE the taste of sushi but always talk about 'how much they LOVE it' just because it is trendy.

I have had it, and I won't ever make that mistake again.

I really never liked sushi until last year. For some reason I just associated raw fish with sushi. I can eat sushi once in a while, probably once a month for me is good enough. Still nothing raw for me.
post #104 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tour90
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
This is the most hysterical comment I have read in awhile.

Maybe you should try some sushi- you (gasp!) might like it!
i'd keep it really simple, start off with some california rolls. Hmmmmmmmmmm
i dont consider california rolls sushi.

true. nonetheless, they still serve it.
post #105 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tour90
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiekat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
This is the most hysterical comment I have read in awhile.

Maybe you should try some sushi- you (gasp!) might like it!

I've gotta agree with rallia on this one! I know a lot of girls who HATE the taste of sushi but always talk about 'how much they LOVE it' just because it is trendy.

I have had it, and I won't ever make that mistake again.

I really never liked sushi until last year. For some reason I just associated raw fish with sushi. I can eat sushi once in a while, probably once a month for me is good enough. Still nothing raw for me.
I LOVE sushi- I eat it at least once a week- I would eat it more often if it wasn't so expensive! I have even made my own rolls w/sushi grade fresh salmon- DELICIOUS but time-consuming!
post #106 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by twyla
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
breakfast - nothing
lunch - two slices of pizza and water
dinner - two peanuts and water
funniest post ever!
why?
post #107 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik_freak
Today's breakfast:

16 oz. strong Peet's coffee w/soy milk
Fuji apple, cut into wedges
Banana, cut into sections
1 hard-boiled egg w/salt & pepper
1 thick piece spelt toast w/butter and BF's mom's homemade apple butter
3 pieces morningstar veggie bacon
water, multi-vitamin, and glucosamine for my knees!
whoa! i love your menu! sounds delicious. i love hard boiled eggs. you were defintely right about us eating similarly. I used to only eat Fuji apples, but then I discovered Jonagolds.
Awesome! I love talking about food, and I love to eat right whenever possible, which is easy in California. My folks have a fruit orchard nearby which, among other things, produces incredible apples for a few months of the year. They have lots of Golden Delicious apple trees, and right off the tree, they are AWESOME. Nothing like when you buy them in the store, even a nice store like Berkeley Bowl or Whole Foods.

Anyway, here was lunch:
Corn soup with paprika and black pepper
Large bowl steamed broccoli with olive oil, fresh lemon, garlic, pepper
White corn chips and hot salsa
Dandelion root tea

Dessert:
Chocolate almond milk
1 square fine white chocolate with coconut

Later:
coconut juice with coconut pieces in it

orphan, didn't you say you like coconut?
post #108 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Yesterday Sonya Thomas ate:

-26 grilled cheese sandwiches

Thought this was a good article for this thread: http://tinyurl.com/asy8o
Whoa, yuck. I mean, I think I'd feel pretty darn sick afterwards.
post #109 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
i think you hate a lot of people then. like the entire population of japan and a lot of people in the U.S as well as many other countries. sushi isn't trendy. it's a unique and delicious form of food. don't be ignorant.
you're from CA, I know that you know what I'm talking about with sushi. It is trendy and you know it. Let the people in Japan have theirs and I'll stick to my fried chicken and gummi bear lunch
There's a reason that people in Japan tend to live longer and healthier lives than Americans, and note as well that with the introduction of American fast food in Japan, the Japanese are developing the same weight and health problems that plague Americans.
post #110 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Yesterday Sonya Thomas ate:

-26 grilled cheese sandwiches

Thought this was a good article for this thread: http://tinyurl.com/asy8o
Whoa, yuck. I mean, I think I'd feel pretty darn sick afterwards.
That's gross. I feel sick after eating just one grilled cheese sandwich. Grill cheese, yuck
post #111 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
Quote:
Originally Posted by twyla
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
breakfast - nothing
lunch - two slices of pizza and water
dinner - two peanuts and water
funniest post ever!
why?
exactly my thought...funny!.....I guess its because of the two peanut thing!
post #112 of 319
yep exactly.
post #113 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik_freak
Today's breakfast:

16 oz. strong Peet's coffee w/soy milk
Fuji apple, cut into wedges
Banana, cut into sections
1 hard-boiled egg w/salt & pepper
1 thick piece spelt toast w/butter and BF's mom's homemade apple butter
3 pieces morningstar veggie bacon
water, multi-vitamin, and glucosamine for my knees!
whoa! i love your menu! sounds delicious. i love hard boiled eggs. you were defintely right about us eating similarly. I used to only eat Fuji apples, but then I discovered Jonagolds.
Awesome! I love talking about food, and I love to eat right whenever possible, which is easy in California. My folks have a fruit orchard nearby which, among other things, produces incredible apples for a few months of the year. They have lots of Golden Delicious apple trees, and right off the tree, they are AWESOME. Nothing like when you buy them in the store, even a nice store like Berkeley Bowl or Whole Foods.

Anyway, here was lunch:
Corn soup with paprika and black pepper
Large bowl steamed broccoli with olive oil, fresh lemon, garlic, pepper
White corn chips and hot salsa
Dandelion root tea

Dessert:
Chocolate almond milk
1 square fine white chocolate with coconut

Later:
coconut juice with coconut pieces in it

orphan, didn't you say you like coconut?
Ugh, you're so lucky! The only thing I've ever had right off the tree are cherries from Leona Valley, where my family goes to pick them. Needless to say, we all come back stuffed with red juice stains everywhere. I would love to pick apples (or pears, i love pears). I really love living in the Bay Area because there are so many things sold up here at Andronico's and Berkeley Bowl that I cannot find at home in SoCal even at the specialty shops.

Your food sounds amazing. I want to go buy corn soup right now. I tried almond milk once from Trader Joe's and found it disgusting, but maybe I chose a bad brand. I usually love almond-type things. And you're right, I do like coconut. I was drooling when I read your dessert. White chocolate with coconut, that sounds amazing. And coconut milk... Dude I need to go buy something coconutty!
post #114 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
i think you hate a lot of people then. like the entire population of japan and a lot of people in the U.S as well as many other countries. sushi isn't trendy. it's a unique and delicious form of food. don't be ignorant.
you're from CA, I know that you know what I'm talking about with sushi. It is trendy and you know it. Let the people in Japan have theirs and I'll stick to my fried chicken and gummi bear lunch
There's a reason that people in Japan tend to live longer and healthier lives than Americans, and note as well that with the introduction of American fast food in Japan, the Japanese are developing the same weight and health problems that plague Americans.
I live in Kansas and sushi is extremely popular in my town, and not b/c its trendy. There are 3 sushi restaurants on campus and people eat it b/c they think it tastes good and b/c its a LOT healthier than other options (fried chicken, pizza hut, burger king.) Personally, i don't like seafood at all and would much rather eat fried chicken, fries and a pepsi. Despite this, I am trying to eat healthier now and stay away from the stuff i know is bad for me b/c i know i will look and feel better in the long run.
post #115 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetta_07
Quote:
Originally Posted by antik_freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallia
I hate people who eat sushi and all that "trendy food". sushi...how about more like sushit? Whatever happened to good ol burgers and fries, washed down with a milkshake?
i think you hate a lot of people then. like the entire population of japan and a lot of people in the U.S as well as many other countries. sushi isn't trendy. it's a unique and delicious form of food. don't be ignorant.
you're from CA, I know that you know what I'm talking about with sushi. It is trendy and you know it. Let the people in Japan have theirs and I'll stick to my fried chicken and gummi bear lunch
There's a reason that people in Japan tend to live longer and healthier
lives than Americans, and note as well that with the introduction of American fast food in Japan, the Japanese are developing the same weight and health problems that plague Americans.
I live in Kansas and sushi is extremely popular in my town, and not b/c its trendy. There are 3 sushi restaurants on campus and people eat it b/c they think it tastes good and b/c its a LOT healthier than other options (fried chicken, pizza hut, burger king.) Personally, i don't like seafood at all and would much rather eat fried chicken, fries and a pepsi. Despite this, I am trying to eat healthier now and stay away from the stuff i know is bad for me b/c i know i will look and feel better in the long run.
yup...I love healthy food...mabye because my mother is a big health nut, so I grew up with the health nut craze, when I go on vacation and eat crap for a week, I feel terrible, I guess all the grease from the food makes my stomach get crazy....so I long for some nice non greasy food....well unless you give me a chick'fil'a or a Chipotle burrito
post #116 of 319
don't ask - too much and too much junk!
post #117 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
Ugh, you're so lucky! The only thing I've ever had right off the tree are cherries from Leona Valley, where my family goes to pick them. Needless to say, we all come back stuffed with red juice stains everywhere.
Being able to pick great fruit right off a tree and eat it all summer is incredible. My folks live in Los Altos Hills. Swing by this summer and I'll load you up with apples, pears, plums, cherries, nectarines, and apricots! I'm literally the *only* person who deals with this orchard. And I give away so much fruit each year. My parents sort of ignore the orchard a lot of the time. My dad walks around it with me, and thinks it's beautiful, as I do, but he tends to work a lot and take the orchard for granted. Lucky me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by orphanjones
White chocolate with coconut, that sounds amazing.
Yes, the bar I have is Lindt, though it's very sweet--one square is plenty. Futher, there are surely even finer brands available at your Andronico's or Berkeley Bowl.
post #118 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiebrown
does anyone know the crash diet that atkins had on their website once to throw your body into ketoacidosis if induction isn't working? i can't find it on their website anymore.
I think you are referring to Ketosis, which sounds pretty dangerous.
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.aspx?articleID=221
http://www.thesite.org/healthandwell...astdietfaddiet

Why are you wanting to go on a crash diet? Being the size you are, I doubt you need to lose weight in the first place, much less a lot of weight in a short period of time. I'm not trying to offend, i just get worried when people want to use unhealthy meathods to lose weight.
post #119 of 319
Orange Chicken from Panda express!! PF changs has my fave though.
post #120 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombon99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
Quote:
Originally Posted by twyla
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
breakfast - nothing
lunch - two slices of pizza and water
dinner - two peanuts and water
funniest post ever!
why?
exactly my thought...funny!.....I guess its because of the two peanut thing!
I think the 2 peanut thing is funny.
But when I think about it seriously it's not funny. I think that if that's all she, or anyone eats all day everyday, there's a problem.
I am barely 100lbs., but 2 slices of pizza isn't going to last me from lunch until dinner, and 2 peanuts isn't going to fill me up. To me that's not even a snack. that's a tease. 3 pizzas and a soda may fill me up, but give me like 2 hours and I'm hungry again.
post #121 of 319
sushi is "trendy" but many people eat it because they like the taste. i love sushi!
post #122 of 319
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by feifei87
sushi is "trendy" but many people eat it because they like the taste. i love sushi!
I love the taste....I actually liked it before it became so trendy...My favorite is a roll called the salmon crunch...has crunchy pieces of tempura and spicy mayo on top with avocado!!...hmmm yummy
post #123 of 319
I don't eat much. I'll eat a piece of wheat toast with a glass of milk and grapefruit juice in the morning, eat nothing for lunch, and have a salad for dinner and be feeling sick.

I'm trying really hard to drink more water...it's so hard! I'm way too addicted to caffiene. But giving it up for lent was not fun. I had caffiene withdrawl for 3 days and almost died my head hurt so bad.
post #124 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by feifei87
sushi is "trendy" but many people eat it because they like the taste. i love sushi!
I know that alot of people eat sushi, and genuinely love it, but I doubt many people actually know all the traditions/specificities/history concerning sushi and HOW to eat it... for example, did you know it's considered an insult to the chef if you were to add soy sauce/wasabi to anything you're served?...that's a simple one...a better example would be that the wasabi we typically use isn't wasabi at all... real wasabi is actually a rhizome (kind of a root) that only grows in either japan or new zealand. Real wasabi has a milder and sweeter taste and it is usually served traditionally by being freshly grated on the spot using a shark-skin grater...

oh how I love japanese culture...
post #125 of 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmRenee
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombon99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
Quote:
Originally Posted by twyla
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayel
breakfast - nothing
lunch - two slices of pizza and water
dinner - two peanuts and water
funniest post ever!
why?
exactly my thought...funny!.....I guess its because of the two peanut thing!
I think the 2 peanut thing is funny.
But when I think about it seriously it's not funny. I think that if that's all she, or anyone eats all day everyday, there's a problem.
I am barely 100lbs., but 2 slices of pizza isn't going to last me from lunch until dinner, and 2 peanuts isn't going to fill me up. To me that's not even a snack. that's a tease. 3 pizzas and a soda may fill me up, but give me like 2 hours and I'm hungry again.
better then today...all i had was water so far
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › What did you eat today?