or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › the homosexual thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

the homosexual thread

post #1 of 278
Thread Starter 
if they don't mind sharing, i would like to hear some of the stories of some of our homosexual members.

-when did you know you were gay?

-do you get a lot of anti-gay vibe at your school or where you work?

-i can't think of any more questions...but you get the idea.



(lets try to actually talk about this civilly. no flaming please....wait. hmmm, lets try that again, no flamewars please.)
post #2 of 278

Re: the homosexual thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
(lets try to actually talk about this civilly. no flaming please....wait. hmmm, lets try that again, no flamewars please.)
haha :P
post #3 of 278

Re: the homosexual thread

Fine! I'll go first!

-when did you know you were gay?

You don't necessarily "know." You just are. You have feelings and you look at males and are attracted to them beyond just their physical assets. I think all human beings are capable of it, it's just that homosexuals have a higher degree of understanding of sex. Take that as you will and swallow it hard. Sex is sex. It's not gay and it's not straight. Sure there's anal, oral, and a bunch of other types of sex, but you cannot define sex with labels and you certainly can't define a person by their sexual desires.

To answer your question I knew I was "different" when I hit puberty and came to terms when I turned 16 years old.

-do you get a lot of anti-gay vibe at your school or where you work?

There are limited number of homosexual organizations on campus, but the community is growing and rising. Twice a year, homos and heteros come together and enjoy a drag show and various other activities at a club (it's sponsered by the biggest gay community on campus).

I don't ever really feel much tension, but I am usually in the studio not giving a shit about anyone.

My friend was gay bashed outside of a nightclub a couple of months ago. HATE CRIMES EXIST. Of course, not every town/city has enough education on how to handle these types of situations, so the case goes unsolved. SAD. REALLY SAD.


-i can't think of any more questions...but you get the idea.

Dave, are you coming out?






Ready and willing to flame if you are.
post #4 of 278
Thread Starter 
straight.
but thanks for the invite.

Quote:
My friend was gay bashed...
what does that mean...was he physically assaulted or verbally?


thanks so much for your post. i appreciate you being so straightforward with us.
post #5 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
straight.
but thanks for the invite.

Quote:
My friend was gay bashed...
what does that mean...was he physically assaulted or verbally?


thanks so much for your post. i appreciate you being so straightforward with us.
No problem, Dave!

About my friend, he was with a group of friends, standing outside a nightclub. I was told that a truck full of guys made a stop and then began shouting deragatory terms (faggot, etc..) to my friend. Of course, they really picked the wrong fag to mess with, since he isn't really the shy type and is very able to take care of himself. So, my friend approaches the truck, asking them why they are doing what they're doing. Meanwhile, the guys in the truck were getting more aggravated as he approached them. The next thing I was told was that one of the dudes in the truck gets off and walks towards my friend and punches him in the face. The asshole immediately runs back in the truck and before the police could get there (cliche), they had already taken off and done their deed.

Yes, my friend walking towards the truck full of guys to confront them was the wrong thing to do. But times are defnitely changing and the homosexuals of now are not as quiet and timid as the homosexuals of last century. Don't expect us to hide anymore.
post #6 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
thanks so much for your post. i appreciate you being so straightforward with us.
I believe the term is "gay-ly forward".

Turn your head, clearly no disrespect meant. I just had to be a smart ass.

~J
post #7 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyGoat
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
thanks so much for your post. i appreciate you being so straightforward with us.
I believe the term is "gay-ly forward".

Turn your head, clearly no disrespect meant. I just had to be a smart ass.

~J

Hahaha, glad you caught that one The gayer the better
post #8 of 278
I really hope that this thread doesn't get out of hand too because I'm very interested in reading all of the responses. turn_your_head, thanks for sharing!
post #9 of 278

Re: the homosexual thread

1. last year? although i still like using the term "ambisexual" much better.

2. i work at the gap. enough fucking said.

dave, this is boring. im going to start a poll.
post #10 of 278
i wish dr_strangelove still came here from time to time...

john, if you're reading this... PM me! i miss our 3am chats!
post #11 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirip
i wish dr_strangelove still came here from time to time...

john, if you're reading this... PM me! i miss our 3am chats!
yeah, where has he been?
post #12 of 278
i'm not gay, but i do like the feeling of things in my anus.
post #13 of 278
it makes me sad that people get gay bashed. One of my best female friends in college was @ at frat house partying and some of the guys found out she was gay, and took her outside and beat her unconcious and left her there. She is the strongest, toughest girl I know! I love that girl and I cant believe someone would do that to her. I breaks my heart that people cant deal with homosexuality everyone is entitled to love whomever they want, and I stand behind each and every one of them!
post #14 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcandy3
yeah, where has he been?
ya, where is dr_strangelove?
post #15 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimek44
it makes me sad that people get gay bashed. One of my best female friends in college was @ at frat house partying and some of the guys found out she was gay, and took her outside and beat her unconcious and left her there. She is the strongest, toughest girl I know! I love that girl and I cant believe someone would do that to her. I breaks my heart that people cant deal with homosexuality everyone is entitled to love whomever they want, and I stand behind each and every one of them!
Wow that's crazy
post #16 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimek44
it makes me sad that people get gay bashed. One of my best female friends in college was @ at frat house partying and some of the guys found out she was gay, and took her outside and beat her unconcious and left her there. She is the strongest, toughest girl I know! I love that girl and I cant believe someone would do that to her. I breaks my heart that people cant deal with homosexuality everyone is entitled to love whomever they want, and I stand behind each and every one of them!
that is horrible...there were some frat guys in my town who did this to a girl who they found out was a lesbian. they smashed her hand into a car door repeatedly. i cant believe people can be such monsters
post #17 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimek44
it makes me sad that people get gay bashed. One of my best female friends in college was @ at frat house partying and some of the guys found out she was gay, and took her outside and beat her unconcious and left her there. She is the strongest, toughest girl I know! I love that girl and I cant believe someone would do that to her. I breaks my heart that people cant deal with homosexuality everyone is entitled to love whomever they want, and I stand behind each and every one of them!
I just want to say, in my frat we had gay members and the guys were cool with them. Actually one night a few of our guys were downtown and some guys jumped out of a truck and started beating on this random guy and calling him a fag, and our boys ran out into the street and fought the guys off.

What happened to your friend was really shitty, but I hope you don't think all frat guys are like that.
post #18 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoose
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimek44
it makes me sad that people get gay bashed. One of my best female friends in college was @ at frat house partying and some of the guys found out she was gay, and took her outside and beat her unconcious and left her there. She is the strongest, toughest girl I know! I love that girl and I cant believe someone would do that to her. I breaks my heart that people cant deal with homosexuality everyone is entitled to love whomever they want, and I stand behind each and every one of them!
I just want to say, in my frat we had gay members and the guys were cool with them. Actually one night a few of our guys were downtown and some guys jumped out of a truck and started beating on this random guy and calling him a fag, and our boys ran out into the street and fought the guys off.

What happened to your friend was really shitty, but I hope you don't think all frat guys are like that.
I was just getting ready to say the exact same thing, minus the running out and fighting thing...

we also have several gay members, and most of the frats do. I guess some places are just a lot more accepting than others.
post #19 of 278
Okay i am outting myself!

I am dating a woman. We have been together for 2.5 years and are technically common law. I would say that i am a "lesbian" in the sense that i am really only interested in women, but that word is just too stereotypical and comes along with a lot of preconcieved notions that i just don't fit into.

I first "knew" that i liked girls when i was a little kid. I remember when i was 12 at camp having a crush on my counsellor. I came out as bisexual at 15 and had been dating a guy from then until i was 20 (about 4.5 years). I have now been dating my girlfriend and living with her for 2.5 years and it is amazing. I never get sick of being around her, and the only reason why i don't want to be around her is cuz i need time to go shopping for suprises for her.

The high school i went to was a very liberal one (it was situated at a university and we were treated like university students) so there really wasn't any homophobia at all. Me and my girlfriend really don't fit that whole lesbian stereotype either so people usually assume that we are just really god friends when they see us together. I pretty much look like a "regular heterosexual female". Often, people don't believe that i am gay cuz as they say "oh but your so pretty". Both my girlfriend and i don't fit into that whole stereotype. This can actually cause problems cuz within the lesbian community in particular very feminine girls will get picked on by otehr lesbians sicne they can't be "real lesbians" (don't ask me how that works, i haven't figured it out myself).
Also not looking gay can cause you some troubles with the opposite sex. Sometimes, if a guy is interested in me i am afraid to tell him sorry im gay cuz he won't believe me and think that it;s just a dumb excuse (i would be a lot more creative if i just wasn't interested).
For me being gay is just a small part of my life. Me and my girlfriend talk about guys all the time moreso then we talk about other women. We aren't really part of a gay community and we don't only have lesbian friends which a lot of lesbians i know do. Wer just happen to be two girls who love each other, just like any other relationship. Although with this one it;s kind of like a constant sleepover with sex.

Sorry to give you guys an earful there. Just thought i would share
post #20 of 278
share away im all ears
post #21 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsE
Okay i am outting myself!

I am dating a woman. We have been together for 2.5 years and are technically common law. I would say that i am a "lesbian" in the sense that i am really only interested in women, but that word is just too stereotypical and comes along with a lot of preconcieved notions that i just don't fit into.

I first "knew" that i liked girls when i was a little kid. I remember when i was 12 at camp having a crush on my counsellor. I came out as bisexual at 15 and had been dating a guy from then until i was 20 (about 4.5 years). I have now been dating my girlfriend and living with her for 2.5 years and it is amazing. I never get sick of being around her, and the only reason why i don't want to be around her is cuz i need time to go shopping for suprises for her.

The high school i went to was a very liberal one (it was situated at a university and we were treated like university students) so there really wasn't any homophobia at all. Me and my girlfriend really don't fit that whole lesbian stereotype either so people usually assume that we are just really god friends when they see us together. I pretty much look like a "regular heterosexual female". Often, people don't believe that i am gay cuz as they say "oh but your so pretty". Both my girlfriend and i don't fit into that whole stereotype. This can actually cause problems cuz within the lesbian community in particular very feminine girls will get picked on by otehr lesbians sicne they can't be "real lesbians" (don't ask me how that works, i haven't figured it out myself).
Also not looking gay can cause you some troubles with the opposite sex. Sometimes, if a guy is interested in me i am afraid to tell him sorry im gay cuz he won't believe me and think that it;s just a dumb excuse (i would be a lot more creative if i just wasn't interested).
For me being gay is just a small part of my life. Me and my girlfriend talk about guys all the time moreso then we talk about other women. We aren't really part of a gay community and we don't only have lesbian friends which a lot of lesbians i know do. Wer just happen to be two girls who love each other, just like any other relationship. Although with this one it;s kind of like a constant sleepover with sex.

Sorry to give you guys an earful there. Just thought i would share
No, that's cool lesbians, I used to hate it when I worked retail, the one's who would give me attitude because I was a guy, it's not like it was my fault. And I know stereotypes are bad, but it was usually the butch ones who were like that, their girlfriends were cool.

I guess to be honest it's like that, most of the gay guys I'm friends with, are pretty laid back about it. I disliked people for whom being gay was their only personality trait, I worked with a guy like that and it was annoying. I understand your gay, but hopefully there's more to you then that.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too bad
post #22 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsE
Wer just happen to be two girls who love each other, just like any other relationship. Although with this one it;s kind of like a constant sleepover with sex.

Sorry to give you guys an earful there. Just thought i would share
Not an earful at all, really! Eye-opening hearing from others. I've got a couple of gay friends, and Singapore is actually quite homophobic so they've had a few nasty experiences. Luckily not many are physical, much more name calling and taunting at times but the rest of us are cool with it especially since these guys are SUCH great, helpful and lovely people--there's a standing joke among us that they put some of the girls we know to shame! What is happening, however, is a push by the gays here to open up our society more, and while i'm not gay myself i've attended quite a few poetry readings and exhibitions by gay artists as part of a mini-festival to raise awareness of their contributions to Singapore, and i daresay at least where the government is concerned there has been some hopeful signs. They're becoming gradually less restrictive of such events (previously they would refuse public entertainment licences and stuff) which is amazing especially in such a authoritarian state as ours.

LindsE i like your metaphor--constant sleepover with sex!
post #23 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoose
I guess to be honest it's like that, most of the gay guys I'm friends with, are pretty laid back about it. I disliked people for whom being gay was their only personality trait, I worked with a guy like that and it was annoying. I understand your gay, but hopefully there's more to you then that.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too bad
Agreed! Sexuality isn't a badge that you carry around to tell the world "Hey i'm gay and that's why i'm special", i don't like people who do that at all. If you're a great person, then whether you're gay or straight, prefer chocolate or vanilla icecream, drink coke or pepsi doesn't matter--you're still a great person to hang out with.
post #24 of 278
In singapore if you're from an all boys school, you're immediately suspected of being gay.
post #25 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoose
I understand your gay, but hopefully there's more to you then that.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too bad
That's what I hate alot about most of the homosexual and heterosexual population. They've let it become a definition (of their whole lives practically). Societal standards are a joke

P.S. Nobody at the office knows I'm gay. They keep asking me about girls. It's funny and I don't think I'm going to tell them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › the homosexual thread