or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diesel's, easy to fade?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
I've noticed that on my pairs of dark washed Diesel's, they tend to fade and lose colour somewhat easily aorund the butt and the tips of the jeans. Now i know this is normal for jeans but I found it a little bit surprising for a great company. Has anyone else noticed this?
post #2 of 28
If you want to minimize fading, turn your jeans inside out and wash in cold water with detergent made for dark clothes. And hang to dry.
post #3 of 28
yeah, they will lose color. But hey, if you buy your jeans from ItalianDepot and Dieselofmiami, chances are they will come pre=faded or messed up in some way or another, so whats the difference?
post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 
haha true. Doesn't really matter too much I guess.
post #5 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATHANSRULE
yeah, they will lose color. But hey, if you buy your jeans from ItalianDepot and Dieselofmiami, chances are they will come pre=faded or messed up in some way or another, so whats the difference?
Have you gotten any jeans from either of them? Have a look at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

This one is flawed and the flaws are shown in the photograph. We've got three or four tiny little spots. Most of my clothes have shit like that just from wear.

Until you've purchased something from either of these sellers and personally found them to be seriously lacking, please refrain from bad-mouthing them. They really are the only option for a lot of people who live outside of the NY area who don't want to retail. Alternatively, you could also help us all out by passing on these great deals which seem to fall into your lap eg: the $15 x-rotucks.
post #6 of 28
Thread Starter 
Nope, haven,t bought anything off Ebay yet I buy all my jeans in stores. Their are alot of stores that sell them considering it's Montreal. I don't think i'll ever buy clothes online becuase even though their are reliable people, i,d rather just buy in a store, you get good deals somethimes too. I picked up a pair of Farco's for $175 CDN
post #7 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dreamz
Nope, haven,t bought anything off Ebay yet I buy all my jeans in stores. Their are alot of stores that sell them considering it's Montreal. I don't think i'll ever buy clothes online becuase even though their are reliable people, i,d rather just buy in a store, you get good deals somethimes too. I picked up a pair of Farco's for $175 CDN
Agreed, I've gotten deals in stores and I always recommend that people buy them in stores whenever possible, but believe it or not there are people who would like to own diesels and live in rural areas where they are not available via regular retail channels. Also, buying online is often the only way to obtain older or unusual styles or cuts.

My message about ebay was directed at zathansrule not you. Sorry for any confusion.
post #8 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATHANSRULE
yeah, they will lose color. But hey, if you buy your jeans from ItalianDepot and Dieselofmiami, chances are they will come pre=faded or messed up in some way or another, so whats the difference?
Have you gotten any jeans from either of them? Have a look at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

This one is flawed and the flaws are shown in the photograph. We've got three or four tiny little spots. Most of my clothes have shit like that just from wear.

Until you've purchased something from either of these sellers and personally found them to be seriously lacking, please refrain from bad-mouthing them. They really are the only option for a lot of people who live outside of the NY area who don't want to retail. Alternatively, you could also help us all out by passing on these great deals which seem to fall into your lap eg: the $15 x-rotucks.
Agree 100%. For as much as you bad mouth those two sellers one would think you had purchased from them. However, you don't discuss your experiences with them you just continually bash them for seemingly no reason. I have purchased from them and can vouch for their quality and authenticity. As a result I will stand up and direct other buyers to them. If you have any actual purchases from them, that are to the contrary I would be more than willing to hear it.
post #9 of 28
I used to buy jeans from them in early 2003, right before I decided to start selling on my own. I think Italian Depot was called something else. Anyways, the point is they were always lacking something, whether it was the exactness of the fade, or the fit or stuff like that. And these were the ones that were supposedly "perfect" (I would never buy defected jeans--people just know, trust me, they know). Granted none of the problems I had were huge, and the jeans were worth it considering the price back then but if you look at their prices now, compare them to in store prices and factor in the possibility of returns due to fit or any other reason, many times some people may just say screw it, let me get them from e-luxury or some other website (if there are no stores in their area). People should buy what they want when they want and stop listening to one man's opinion on these issues.

The Hippix arent that great. the 710 color on the hippix is not the same as in the older jeans (namely the cardiel, zathan and rabox in the 710 wash). It appears lighter and less attractive. Also, they have the "carpenter" jeans thing going with the coin pocket on the thigh like that which makes them look cheap. But here's the kicker, they go for $220.00 at the diesel store. I tried them on and took them off so quickly. The fit was horrible too. Not recommended. Save your money.
post #10 of 28
I think the whole point of people buying from these places online though is that they want to save money; at least that is a big factor for me. And with as much as I buy and try these things on I don't usually worry about buying and returning because I know what size I run in each jean. At the same time I can see where you are coming from, but many of the jeans are still much less than they are in the stores. Also, I don't mind the defects; many of the imperfections are so slight when I compare to store bought I don't notice. It's not that your opinion is not important or that people will do what they want, etc. For me it is just that people don't know the background when you say these things and you don't explain enough to allow them to make an informed decision.
post #11 of 28
i've just bought couple of jeans from them and still waiting for them to get delivered. i don't mind a little defect on the jeans as long as the price is half-ish from the retail i normally go to. thing about them is if you ask them to measure what the actual sizes are they hesitate to do it and it could actually mean i'd end up having to pay more for them. hoping i'd get to sell diesel fro living one day =)
post #12 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kks
I think the whole point of people buying from these places online though is that they want to save money; at least that is a big factor for me. And with as much as I buy and try these things on I don't usually worry about buying and returning because I know what size I run in each jean. At the same time I can see where you are coming from, but many of the jeans are still much less than they are in the stores. Also, I don't mind the defects; many of the imperfections are so slight when I compare to store bought I don't notice. It's not that your opinion is not important or that people will do what they want, etc. For me it is just that people don't know the background when you say these things and you don't explain enough to allow them to make an informed decision.
I agree that most people buy online to save money. I wouldn't thought, even though you can buy from known sellers. I need to know how a pair of jeans fit on me and how nice they look with my shoes, i couldn't buy something without trying it on.
post #13 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dreamz
i couldn't buy something without trying it on.
Which is why I try them on first in a store and then buy the exact same size & cut online for less later.
post #14 of 28
I have bought 3 pairs from dieselofmiami because I live about 4 hours away from the closest store that sells diesels and they have fit fine and they wash is great. dieselofmiami was one of the most helpful people I have met on ebay
post #15 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottledregrets
I have bought 3 pairs from dieselofmiami because I live about 4 hours away from the closest store that sells diesels and they have fit fine and they wash is great. dieselofmiami was one of the most helpful people I have met on ebay
Agreed. Raul is really nice. He deserves his almost-flawless feedback...
post #16 of 28
You guys really think its "a lot less"? Let me give you an example. Italianwhathisface is selling the rumbum 888 for $120, plus he wants you to pay $10 shipping--that comes out to tada...$130. Does anyone know the retail price of these jeans (dont want to sound like Bob Barker, but its hard not to)------$140-----Now, tell me why thats worth it
post #17 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATHANSRULE
You guys really think its "a lot less"? Let me give you an example. Italianwhathisface is selling the rumbum 888 for $120, plus he wants you to pay $10 shipping--that comes out to tada...$130. Does anyone know the retail price of these jeans (dont want to sound like Bob Barker, but its hard not to)------$140-----Now, tell me why thats worth it
$10 buys me two lunches.
post #18 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATHANSRULE
You guys really think its "a lot less"? Let me give you an example. Italianwhathisface is selling the rumbum 888 for $120, plus he wants you to pay $10 shipping--that comes out to tada...$130. Does anyone know the retail price of these jeans (dont want to sound like Bob Barker, but its hard not to)------$140-----Now, tell me why thats worth it
Also the rumbum 888 is a bad example. I've seen both of them selling Kuratt 82N for around $120 which is well below half what it retails for.
post #19 of 28
Thread Starter 
back to the fading, has anyone else noticed their jeans fade fairly easy around the ass area and the tips of the jeans? My Rabox 888's are doing this and i was wondering if anyone else has noticed it? I can say that it's not because their fakes, bought them from a very legit store for regular price of $225CDN.
post #20 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dreamz
back to the fading, has anyone else noticed their jeans fade fairly easy around the ass area and the tips of the jeans? My Rabox 888's are doing this and i was wondering if anyone else has noticed it? I can say that it's not because their fakes, bought them from a very legit store for regular price of $225CDN.
Have you washed them? Generally speaking, any garment will fade as you wash it. Same goes for sunlight. In fact a lot of the 796 washes come with a little tag that says they will fade and to keep them out of direct sunlight. The only way to prevent fading is to avoid washing...
post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
No, i haven't washed them yet. And they haven,t been in much sunlight. It's just the rear end of the jeans that have faded a little. I'm guessing it's because of when I sit down and stuff. The seats in school are rough and have worn down a pair of my DKNY'S.
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_dreamz
No, i haven't washed them yet. And they haven,t been in much sunlight. It's just the rear end of the jeans that have faded a little. I'm guessing it's because of when I sit down and stuff. The seats in school are rough and have worn down a pair of my DKNY'S.
That might do it too...
post #23 of 28
the kuratt 82n that they sell are off-wash. You gotta go to the real store and check out the real stuff--that's why they are worth the full 245 bucks. Trust me. I have seen ItalianShmoe's version and I almost died laughing. I dont know what going on, but way too many people are reluctant to see that these chumps are selling defected jeans for just a tad bit off retail . C'mon people, those who have been ripped off by these clowns--speak up!
post #24 of 28
I read that washes last longer if halg a cup of vinegar is added to the washing solution the first time that the jeans are washed. Does anyone know if this works? I love the 82H but heard that it fades very easily.....wondering if this method will make it last 1 or 2 more washes (instead of the 3-4 washes that zathanrules said it lasts).
post #25 of 28
I would say that the wash would come off the first time if you use regular Tide or any similar product. The color may hold on for the first wash, but will probably be gone by the 3rd wash. For anyone from NY, who has ever purchased from the Diesel Denim Gallery knows that they use their own products which tend to maintain the washes. The only thing is that you have to buy it from that store and they launder them for free. Another reason to dump ItalianShmepot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans