or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › C3 Diesel Jeans? Could they be Fake?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

C3 Diesel Jeans? Could they be Fake?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

Hey so I just got these for x-mas from the girlfriend and the first things that I thought were strange are that she ordered them from Ebay, they came from Bulgaria, the tag paper retail tag says that they are 31-32 but the tag inside just says 33, the Model says C3 which I had never heard of before, and the stiching for the "D" on the poket and outer belt line tag is also kind of cheap. Should I write these off as fakes automatically? I looked for C3 on the Internet and was unable to find anything at all, that is why I am coming to you guys. Any help would be good.

peace,
SPS
post #2 of 8

Re: C3 Diesel Jeans? Could they be Fake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satpal

Hey so I just got these for x-mas from the girlfriend and the first things that I thought were strange are that she ordered them from Ebay, they came from Bulgaria, the tag paper retail tag says that they are 31-32 but the tag inside just says 33, the Model says C3 which I had never heard of before, and the stiching for the "D" on the poket and outer belt line tag is also kind of cheap. Should I write these off as fakes automatically? I looked for C3 on the Internet and was unable to find anything at all, that is why I am coming to you guys. Any help would be good.

peace,
SPS
Show us some pix! I've never heard of C3 either. Check for a tag which looks like this:



And that should have the actual cut & wash information. Complete lack of a similar tag almost always means a fake.
post #3 of 8
There is no such model of Diesel Jeans called a C3, they are probobly fake.
post #4 of 8
I was actually doing some shopping yesterday and I noticed something that should put a damper on all you "microstitchers"

I noticed about 10 pairs of diesel jeans in amajor department store (2 different stores) with the microstitching tag removed. It appears that either the counterfeiters will use the actual tags they remove from the jeans or they will try to counterfeit them with more precision (which would be my guess).

I truly doubt that anyone is doing this just for fun.

By the way I saw it in two different department stores in different areas.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATHANSRULE
I was actually doing some shopping yesterday and I noticed something that should put a damper on all you "microstitchers"

I noticed about 10 pairs of diesel jeans in amajor department store (2 different stores) with the microstitching tag removed. It appears that either the counterfeiters will use the actual tags they remove from the jeans or they will try to counterfeit them with more precision (which would be my guess).

I truly doubt that anyone is doing this just for fun.

By the way I saw it in two different department stores in different areas.
I wonder if these were jeans which someone purchased and then returned with the tags removed. Would the stores accept them with the inner tags cut out? ZATHANSRULE shoot me an offline message and let me know which store location... I want to see this myself.
post #6 of 8
This is also interesting, yesterday I went to Macys and Nordstroms because they both had 25% off all thier Diesel selection. As I was looking in both stores I noticed that the invisible numbers that are above the indian head where not always there. The length of the tags where also a little different. This seriously shocked me. They had Zathan's,Rabox's, Lemmens.
post #7 of 8
I agree. I dont take the "microstitchers" too seriously. A lot of them dont realize that there are variances between jeans. I stronly believe that the only method that works is the eyeball method and the whole microstitching thing will make a lot of people fall flat on their face.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATHANSRULE
I agree. I dont take the "microstitchers" too seriously. A lot of them dont realize that there are variances between jeans. I stronly believe that the only method that works is the eyeball method and the whole microstitching thing will make a lot of people fall flat on their face.
I agree that there is variation from jean to jean. Jeans made at different times etc. But from my own personal observations, there is an obvious difference between what I would call a 'good' fake diesel (eg: it looks very much like the real thing, like what denimkingdom sells) and a real diesel jean. The 'good' fakes ALWAYS lack/have the wrong kind of little metal strip at the bottom of the indian head tag. 'Bad' fake diesels will have obvious flaws just from an outer examination (eg: tags on the outside dont match physical characteristics, etc). Have a look at this:



that tag is from a pair of diesels which I purchased from ebay which ended up being fake.



that tag is from a diesel jean I got from the flagship store on 14th street. I have found, over and over, that jeans which I examine on the outside and determine to have attributes of fakes invariably either lack this tag altogether, or have the first type as above. This is based on looking at the jeans at dozens of stores and buying about a dozen fakes on ebay (before I got wise on how to spot them). You can discredit/question my methodology if you want, and I will concede your point that the situation may change with regard to bootleggers gettin better or diesel changing their methodology... But, to me, this particular method is VERY useful. Here's why I think so:

People who are unable to go to a store which sells diesels are going to resort to ebay. On ebay, you cannot tell what the look is, except from photos given by the lister. Listers use innacurate or stock photos often and so that is not always an accurate method. Asking the seller to provide you with a photo of this tag is a way to check authenticity in situations where you cannot physically examine the jeans.

For the TIME BEING, I have found it to be safe to say that if the jeans have the little strip at the bottom with the letters intact then the jeans are authentic. Again, this may change, and I agree its an imperfect method, but in my experience it almost always works.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › C3 Diesel Jeans? Could they be Fake?