or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Diesel chrom hi or all saints trap boot?!?!???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diesel chrom hi or all saints trap boot?!?!???

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 

SORRY~!

 

i know all of you are busy and any input would be great!

 

i am looking to purchase a new pair of boots for this fall/winter

 

so far am looking at diesel chrome hi or all saints trap boot both in black.

 

i have never bouhgt or tried on any thing from all saints but their stuff looks super nice.

 

looking to wear boots with all of my diesel jeans, not sure what will look good, 

 

any help would be appreciated, any suggestion for boots is open!  thanks in advance!

post #2 of 29

You should go with chrom hi.I have them on brown and I really like them.

post #3 of 29
Thread Starter 

how is the sole, ive had diesel shoes in the past and had to replace the sole within a few months.  my limit is $300 on boots but i want them to last at least a few years of wear!

post #4 of 29

The sole looks and feels pretty solid.Maybe you should wait for other opinion regarding the purchase, I may be biased since I own one of the pairs.

 

P.S. If you wear the same pair of boots everyday for a long period of time, it will most likely wear faster.I would recommend you get at least two pairs,this way, they will last longer.

post #5 of 29
Do not get the chrom hi boot! The quality is just rubbish compared to the trap. The trap is more sturdy with better leather and a thicker sole. All round better boot and also cheaper. I made the mistake of buying the chrom hi and really regretted it after spending all that money.
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

Do not get the chrom hi boot! 

+1

post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

Do not get the chrom hi boot! The quality is just rubbish compared to the trap. The trap is more sturdy with better leather and a thicker sole. All round better boot and also cheaper. I made the mistake of buying the chrom hi and really regretted it after spending all that money.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
 

+1

 

 

I'm thinking about buying the chrom boot, but then I read these comments. Would you say it is worth it considering since I can now get them with 50% off?

 

Is the quality THAT bad?

post #8 of 29
Thread Starter 

i just got the chrom, and love them.  the trap seemed nice, but it was to "workish" looking for me.

post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiguel80 View Post




I'm thinking about buying the chrom boot, but then I read these comments. Would you say it is worth it considering since I can now get them with 50% off?

Is the quality THAT bad?

To be honest mate, I wouldn't even buy them at -50%. Not worth it at all.
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post


To be honest mate, I wouldn't even buy them at -50%. Not worth it at all.

 

Can I ask exactly what you didn't like about them. Was it just a personal thing on the quality, or did the boots actually start falling apart, stitching coming away, soles wearing down easily etc.....?

post #11 of 29
Soles were too thin, leather was flimsy. They didn't "move" well. Felt a little ill-fitting too. I bought the trap boot after and the chrom haven't come out of the closet since. I got the impression that they wouldn't last long at all. Got a pair of Aldo boots around that time and even they felt like better quality at a third of the price.
post #12 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmiguel80 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

Do not get the chrom hi boot! The quality is just rubbish compared to the trap. The trap is more sturdy with better leather and a thicker sole. All round better boot and also cheaper. I made the mistake of buying the chrom hi and really regretted it after spending all that money.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
 

+1

 

 

I'm thinking about buying the chrom boot, but then I read these comments. Would you say it is worth it considering since I can now get them with 50% off?

 

Is the quality THAT bad?

Yes, poor quality. The sole is erased after 2 months.

post #13 of 29

I like the SS version of Chrome hi.

They are really thin indeed and probably not too resistent but that make them comfortable and wearable even on summer.

I also like they are "slimmer" on the tip than trapboots and the winter version of the same shoe.

Not a 200€ for sure, but 100€ is ok to me.

 

Talking about Boots. Do you guys likes Mark Nason shoes? :D

They are a bit too expensive for how they are made and not so easy to find in Europe but you can find nice deals on ebay on previous seasons models.

post #14 of 29
These guys are smoking something I have two pairs of Boa Vista chrom hi boots and the sole is rubber not even leather which means it will last years, I've had mine for way longer than two months and you can't even tell their worn. Second of all these are mad in Portugal just south if Spain and their quality is top notch probably the best I've seen from Diesel. I rarely frequent this site but when I do I always see those two constantly bad mouthing stuff for little to no reason.
post #15 of 29

it's actually just expressing their opinion and it's not like they're ragging on it for the hell of it. opinion was asked opinion was delivered.

post #16 of 29
Hey swervin, you don't frequent here often? Shame.
post #17 of 29
I'm one of the founding members of this forum but I stopped coming here because people state their opinion as fact way too often, like Aramis saying the sole is gone after 2 months, the sole is rubber it would be close to impossible unless you were running on coal half the time. Last time I was in here people were talking about dsquared being soooo much better without even researching the fact that it's operated and run by the holding company that Rosso runs.
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin suburban View Post

I'm one of the founding members of this forum but I stopped coming here because people state their opinion as fact way too often, like Aramis saying the sole is gone after 2 months, the sole is rubber it would be close to impossible unless you were running on coal half the time. Last time I was in here people were talking about dsquared being soooo much better without even researching the fact that it's operated and run by the holding company that Rosso runs.

I can say it again, diesel chrome hi - very poor quality. it's my opinion

post #19 of 29
Hmmm...not been active for a while then come online to wade in on a pointless, old debate and FYI, the question was chrom-hi or trap. Trap is a million times better quality and that is simply a fact as I've owned both. Have you owned both?
post #20 of 29

bye Felicia!

post #21 of 29
I came in here because this thread pops up when you google them, fact is the reviews on a few sites say how good they are, I own the snare boot, AS boots are made in Portugal they have all leather soles and they are better than Diesel boots made in India or China but the Chrom is also handmade in Portugal the fit and finish is very similar the difference is they have a hybrid leather sole on some and all rubber on the Boa Vista , I got my chrom's for 100 bucks which beats out 300 plus tax for the all saints, I own at the moment 6 pairs of Diesel boots 3 being chroms 2 all saints 2 Frye's a Calvin Klein and a pair or Maurti's (small Portuguese company) I worked in the industry and my friend is a DM at Aldo I know for a fact their shoes and boots are poorly made and don't come close. I think it's rather comical you think your opinion is FACT because you own one of each. I won't even start to mention how all saints is notoriously hit or miss with quality and the fact they went bankrupt a few years ago.
Edited by swervin suburban - 2/11/14 at 9:07pm
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin suburban View Post

These guys are smoking something I have two pairs of Boa Vista chrom hi boots and the sole is rubber not even leather which means it will last years, I've had mine for way longer than two months and you can't even tell their worn. Second of all these are mad in Portugal just south if Spain and their quality is top notch probably the best I've seen from Diesel. I rarely frequent this site but when I do I always see those two constantly bad mouthing stuff for little to no reason.

this guyS amazing friends/  they always help me/ not you:!:

you tell^ swervin suburban View Post

I'm one of the founding members of this forum 

 

AND WHAT FRIEND? YOU BIG BOSS:?: :?::?:you option better than other options?+- 

 

I NEVER SEE YOUR HELP SWERVIN

 

INEWER SEE YOUR MESSEDGES

 

I NEVER SEE POST YOUR PHOTO/ 

 

YOUR OPTION = 0 FOR ME/ AND FOR ALL

 

jANEK!

post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanek View Post

this guyS amazing friends/  they always help me/ not you:!:
you tell^ swervin suburban View Post


I'm one of the founding members of this forum 

AND WHAT FRIEND? YOU BIG BOSS:?:  icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: you option better than other options?+- 

I NEVER SEE YOUR HELP SWERVIN

INEWER SEE YOUR MESSEDGES

I NEVER SEE POST YOUR PHOTO/ 

YOUR OPTION = 0 FOR ME/ AND FOR ALL

jANEK!
I don't tote my opinion as fact, that's a huge difference. I would think somebody that was given moderating power would know better. Yet again saying my opinion means nothing to 0 people apparently is a complete fact. I would recommend people on this forum look for answer in people that work in the industry, I use to try to help people on here but it turned into random Joe with no affiliation stating his opinions as facts, so I left as I am doing again. Good day.
post #24 of 29

.

post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin suburban View Post

I I won't even start to mention how all saints is notoriously hit or miss with quality and the fact they went bankrupt a few years ago.

When all saints went bankrupt????????????????????

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Diesel chrom hi or all saints trap boot?!?!???