I put together a couple of quick mock-ups for how, I feel, the new DenimBlog layout should be. I see it as going more minimal with some new features that help readers navigate through the site easier. See my ideas on how we can improve the site below. What are your thoughts? Feel free to give your input
Both ideas have the same features with the exception of the layouts and color choices
Ideas on How They'll Work:
1. One new feature I have thought about was to have endless scrolling. So no more having to deal with clicking to go to the next page.
2. Another feature is to have the menu bar become static (stays in it's position).
Top: As you scroll down the menu will move to the top and lock to allow you easy access without having to scroll back up
Bottom: Similar concept with the addition of the DenimBlog logo at the center
3. The gallery is also something I thought is in need of an update. I am seeing the new one easier to scroll through like a a digital photo album without sending you to a new page
4. Some ideas for the tabs
i. For 'Top Celebs', I am thinking as you hover over the tab a menu drops with photos of the 'Top 5' celebs that we blogged about the past month and when clicked, it leads you to a page with a list of all the celebrities' names to help you search browse through all the post of your favorite celeb easier
ii. My concept for the 'Top Brands' is similar to the idea of the 'Top Celebs.' Images of the logos of the 'Top 5' brands of the past month and when clicked a list of all the brands that we have blogged about...
iii. For the other categories, a list of the most recent posts will drop with their main images included to help you choose which post interests you as you hover over them
5. Also wanted to bring the number of ads down and feature them at the top and bottom of the page as well as (maybe) in between every few articles so you readers don't lose focus and feel distracted
6. For what has moved is the sponsored section. Instead of on top of the page, I thought it'll be better placed and fluid in the second column on the right next to the social media icons and featured posts