or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thanaz 813Z fit pics - Page 2

post #26 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post

Thanaz has a lower waist than thavar. And thanaz fits much better in the legs than thavar. 


its the same cut, back pockets different. !

no. every skinny cut has its own characteristics

post #27 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post


it was introduced pretty much at the same time ;) Thanaz evolved into Thavar ;) its a same cut, with different back pockets. thats all.!!

 

I still have slammer, and my all time fave. is Slylow. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post


its the same cut, back pockets different. !


agreed.

post #28 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post

no. every skinny cut has its own characteristics

you no nothing i see, or you dont want to.!!! I'm not asking i'm telling. Ponjal ?

post #29 of 86
So wrong! Thavar is majorly different from thanaz. The way thavar tapers from the waist down to the knee is completely dissimilar to how it is with thanaz.
Edited by februarean - 6/10/13 at 12:55am
post #30 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post

no. every skinny cut has its own characteristics

you no nothing i see, or you dont want to.!!! I'm not asking i'm telling. Ponjal ?

 

LOL! I do wanted to spit for what you say.

post #31 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Hardia View Post

So wrong! Thavar is majorly different from thanaz. The way thavar tapers from the waist down to the hip is completely dissimilar to how it is with thanaz.


ooops, thavar is skinny straight cut. I'm sure it's not tapered and don't understand how "tapers from the waist down to the hip"???

post #32 of 86

Honestly guys, these 2 cuts are identical the only difference is back pockets. Thanaz has round and thavar not. diesel changed pockets because they wanted to make Thanaz a bit smarter with classic back pockets. the rest is same. and eventually for thavar to become new thanaz, but it didnt happened.

 

These days you get alot of 3D cuts with thavar where they twist and pinch hems, to get that crinkly effect with them, and thats may be why it feels like thavar is not so skinny anymore, i get that feeling as well. and also with introduction of Tepphar.

post #33 of 86

and maybe one more difference is that the thavar has different back yoke stitching detail than thanaz. ;-)

post #34 of 86
And thanaz has triple stitching, thavar 2.
post #35 of 86

I'm not getting into details, but CUT itself is pretty much the same.

post #36 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdenal_cz View Post


ooops, thavar is skinny straight cut. I'm sure it's not tapered and don't understand how "tapers from the waist down to the hip"???

I mistyped, what I meant to say was "tapers from the waist down to the knee".

Definition of taper: To become gradually narrower or thinner toward one end. Every skinny jeans "tapers" from the waist down to the knee. Btw, jeans or anything for that matter can at some point taper, the jeans may not necessarily be a skinny cut.  

post #37 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Hardia View Post

I mistyped, what I meant to say was "tapers from the waist down to the knee".

Definition of taper: To become gradually narrower or thinner toward one end. Every skinny jeans "tapers" from the waist down to the knee. Btw, jeans or anything for that matter can at some point taper, the jeans may not necessarily be a skinny cut.  

So whats the difference then between them ??

post #38 of 86

I don't know how else to describe it. In terms of fit, one can clearly see how thavar is designed to closely imitate the leg structure whereas thanaz is more of a straight taper, if that makes sense. The tapering with thavar goes steeper from waist to knee with respect to thanaz.

post #39 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Hardia View Post

I don't know how else to describe it. In terms of fit, one can clearly see how thavar is designed to closely imitate the leg structure whereas thanaz is more of a straight taper, if that makes sense. The tapering with thavar goes steeper from waist to knee with respect to thanaz.

totally agree

post #40 of 86

pryv75, could you tell me how tall are you? I'm interesting in 813z, but i don't know which inseam is fit to me

post #41 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulwang7 View Post

pryv75, could you tell me how tall are you? I'm interesting in 813z, but i don't know which inseam is fit to me


how tall are you ?? i'll tell ya.

post #42 of 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj Hardia View Post

I don't know how else to describe it. In terms of fit, one can clearly see how thavar is designed to closely imitate the leg structure whereas thanaz is more of a straight taper, if that makes sense. The tapering with thavar goes steeper from waist to knee with respect to thanaz.

Thavar on top, Thanaz in background.

Same, identical, leg.

There are much more difference between different washes of the same model.

 

The only tangible difference as said, it's on the waist area: Thanaz is wider (reason why I prefer Thavar).

post #43 of 86

Thx, i can also post comparison pictures of 2 cut, they are identical, even yoke is same, through out leg from thigh to knee and hems.

 

It also depends on wash and treatments, not every cut goes into washing machine for long, or twisted in, like 8SV ;) the longer they washed, tighter they get.New 3D washes rasin coated to get that crinkly effect to them.They also feel very stiff, like 8X2 and new 816K feels that way, but with a few washes they will soften. It also depends on abrasions applied and blasting. at the very end they sprayed with anti-shrink chemical.

post #44 of 86
Thread Starter 
@ raulwang
1.72m 64 kg and rather slim that's explain why i take w27 or 26 and L 30. icon_smile.gif
post #45 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post


how tall are you ?? i'll tell ya.

hi Zodiac,

   I'm 5'10, so L32 or L30 is fit to me?

post #46 of 86

I don't think there is right or wrong length. I'd go for L30. I'm 6ft and I can pull off L30 no problem, and I don't think i have short legs or anything, I also have L34 in some Thanaz, I like them to stack on my boots sometimes. I wear L30 if i roll my jeans up 1 or 2 times for summer look with flip flops or any plimsolls. So its up to you how you planing to wear them !!

post #47 of 86

Here is a few pics on the subject of difference between cuts. They are pretty identical to me.

 

Leg opening of Thavar on top and Thanaz on the bottom. Only difference is length. Thanaz L32 and Thavar L30

 

 

 

Knee is the same width as well.

 

 

On top of each other in full.

 

 

One of the differences mentioned before is stitching, thanaz has 3 and thavar now 2.

 

 

Biggest difference is back pockets. ! Thanaz has all sorts of designs, from past, like Dragons ,sea lions ,and sequences :) Thavar is a bit more formal, with very plain design.

 

 

Yoke looks identical to me as well.

 

 

a few pairs to compare, thavar left, thanaz right. :)

post #48 of 86

regarding the back yoke, there is the difference in stitching, thanaz is missing the vertical "visible" stitching ;-) but as I wrote already, it's only detail...

 

post #49 of 86
I agree gents. The differences between the cuts is merely splitting hairs. The fit is exactly the same for me. In fact, I'd lump shioner in there too. More fitted in the waist but the same in the fit department apart from that.
post #50 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

I agree gents. The differences between the cuts is merely splitting hairs. The fit is exactly the same for me. In fact, I'd lump shioner in there too. More fitted in the waist but the same in the fit department apart from that.


Yep, Shioner is frankenstein, came out from Thanaz and thavar. lol . fit pretty identical to them both, just minor details, back pockets and that stitching on front of the pockets as well. Its just commercial trick, for customers to buy more jeans. Shioner never comes in same washes that Thanaz and Thavar do. or do they ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans