or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Thavar 8AA, Made in Tunisia...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thavar 8AA, Made in Tunisia...

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

So, I haven't bought a new pair of Diesels in a little over a year but recently purchased a pair of Thavar 8AA on eBay. On the inside tag, where it normally has "Made in Italy" stitched, it says "Made in Tunisia". I'm 99.9% sure the jeans are authentic; the fit and sizing are both perfect but have never seen them without the "Made in Italy" stitch. 

 

Anyone else own a pair of Thavar 8AA that have this same issue?

post #2 of 12

Hi, welcome to the forum. I don't own Thavar 8AA, but Diesel does make some of its jeans in Tunisia.

post #3 of 12

Don't the pairs made in Italy have the Italian stitching in the back opposite the Diesel tag? I've seen a couple of Thavar 8AAs that don't have that if that helps any. Diesel do make jeans in Tunisia so it's most likely fine.

 

Post a picture of the size tag so we can see the microstitching.
 

post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstrative View Post

 

Post a picture of the size tag so we can see the microstitching.
 

 

post #5 of 12
Thanaz 8aa, made in italy
Thavar 8aa, made in tunisia.
I have both to confirm
post #6 of 12
Some have been made in italy and some not
Have a pair made in tunisia
bTW nice plain wash
post #7 of 12

My Krooley 8Y3 are made in Romania...

post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealumni View Post

 


Could you maybe take a closer one? We're looking for the the words DIESEL within the microstitching. You can also Google how to authenticate Diesel denim, there are plenty of guides out there.

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyPunch View Post

My Krooley 8Y3 are made in Romania...

 

 

There're several Diesel cuts&washes made in Romania. So no worries at all.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstrative View Post


Could you maybe take a closer one? We're looking for the the words DIESEL within the microstitching. You can also Google how to authenticate Diesel denim, there are plenty of guides out there.

 

 

There's no need, you can click on posted image for a larger one.

 

They look genuine though, enjoy them.

post #10 of 12

i guess thats not a fake jeans, some diesel are made in tunisia, romania or turkey.

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by marziano View Post

There's no need, you can click on posted image for a larger one.

 

They look genuine though, enjoy them.

I can't see it even when enlarged.

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryv75 View Post

Some have been made in italy and some not
Have a pair made in tunisia
bTW nice plain wash

Love the wash. I've owned many many pairs over the years and the last couple pairs I've purchased have been clean undistressed like these. The last pair I bought was the Thavar 880G which I love but I ordered a size up from my normal size (usually I buy 26x30) and they ended up stretching out just a little too much, I'll probably end up selling those on here soon.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstrative View Post

I can't see it even when enlarged.

Just checked up close, they're definitely authentic. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Thavar 8AA, Made in Tunisia...