or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

dsquared2

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Hello my friendsicon_wink.gif. D2 jeans have a beautiful blue coloridea.gif. I'll never seen such a beautiful blue in the dieselicon_sad.gif. I really want to try to buy these jeans, my friends][ please tell me what model jeans D2\\ the same, with tanaze Tavare shione

post #2 of 21

Me too 

Anyone else can let me know about the model of this brand ?

 

thks

post #3 of 21

Overpriced and most of them are really really ugly, yeah their made in Italy but they cost 400-1000 dollars you're paying for the name, I mean come on its a Canadian brand....I'm not saying I don't like Canadians but their not known for their couture.

post #4 of 21
Thread Starter 
oooooohhhh my friend you are not rightidea.gif. Diesel did a little of classic blue jeansicon_exclaim.gif ... my friend you have seen D2jeans? They have a stunning blue.+_++_+_+ they stand as diesel, if you buy them at a discount|\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\!
Diesel started making dirty jeans less of classic blue, the only reason people go to Dioricon_arrow.gif
post #5 of 21

Yes I have seen them i've owned a few pairs over the years, you're paying for the name with these.

post #6 of 21

I saw some cool washes on persons in real life. they were cool. 

I also think Diesel is overpriced now. Remember times Diesel was not more than 220 Euro(Blue eyecons), but now 260-300 is normal. Everything is overpriced. Something more, something less... Anyway D2 is considered to be Luxury brand, people buy them. And as I can see Diesel is rising prices every year, may be they are going to become Luxury too.

Anywaythese prices work good for D2 brothers, it's just business and nothing more.

post #7 of 21

I wear 32 in Diesel(Tepphar) and 48 in DSQ ,they run pretty small,the pair I have in 48 is thighter than my Tepphars.

post #8 of 21

Do you know that, actually, Dsquared jeans "are made by Diesel" cause Staff International(the firm that produce Fred Perry in Italy and all other stuff from Dsquared) is part of the Diesel group?

 

So we can assume that they share some tecnique, isn't it?

So, how can you say "I'll never seen such a beautiful blue in the diesel"?

post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grag View Post

I saw some cool washes on persons in real life. they were cool. 

I also think Diesel is overpriced now. Remember times Diesel was not more than 220 Euro(Blue eyecons), but now 260-300 is normal. Everything is overpriced. Something more, something less... Anyway D2 is considered to be Luxury brand, people buy them. And as I can see Diesel is rising prices every year, may be they are going to become Luxury too.

Anywaythese prices work good for D2 brothers, it's just business and nothing more.

agree!!  

post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaZa View Post

Do you know that, actually, Dsquared jeans "are made by Diesel" cause Staff International(the firm that produce Fred Perry in Italy and all other stuff from Dsquared) is part of the Diesel group?

 

So we can assume that they share some tecnique, isn't it?

So, how can you say "I'll never seen such a beautiful blue in the diesel"?

what do you mean by diesel GROUP? Renzo Rosso owns some shares d2, but this is not a group of diesel!)))))))

post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post

what do you mean by diesel GROUP? Renzo Rosso owns some shares d2, but this is not a group of diesel!)))))))

 

Renzo is the boss of the holding that control all(Only the Brave) where inside there are Diesel spa and Staff International(Dsquared, Maison Martin Margiela and Vivienne Westwood)!

 

EDIT:

From wikipedia eng

 

 

 

Quote:

Staff International

In October 2000, Rosso purchased Staff International,[95] an Italian fashion manufacturing and distributing company that licensed brands such as Vivienne Westwood and Martin Margiela. Thanks to its production skills, effective logistics, distribution expertise and creative talent, Staff International has gained a strong reputation in the prêt-a-porter sector, enabling it to work designers and brands such as Karl LagerfeldEmanuel UngaroValentinoCostume National, Clements Ribeiro and Missoni, among others,[1] whilst keeping the production for Viktor & Rolf and Maison Martin Margiela. Following the purchase, Rosso brought onboard licenses for DSquared2 in 2001,[3] Marc Jacobs Men in 2008,[96] and Just Cavalli in 2011.

post #12 of 21

Diesel is also a luxury brand their stuff just is more street/contemporary....they've been around a lot longer then some of these newer brands like dsquared2, and yes dsquared stuff started looking like Diesel stuff around 10 years ago because like he said Diesel makes their stuff, Just Cavalli jeans also look a lot like Diesels and I say Diesel because Rosso owns Diesel and is known for this company first, Diesel also makes Energie's stuff, 55DSL, Diesel black gold, they have talented people. The Diesel jeans made in Italy are more expensive yeah because of production costs there and the amount of detail and distressing put into them, they've started making jeans in other countries now and their cheaper $140-170 dollars and their still very nice highly quality jeans I don't mind their made in another country making production costs cheaper as long as the quality remains very good. Apple makes their products in China and their top notch, its all about quality control not where the product is made.

post #13 of 21

Some jeans are not made ​​in Italy, very poor quality. But almost all washes made ​​in Italy are very good quality. I really like the series blue еyecons , it's always the standard of quality.

post #14 of 21

Can you tell me where you're getting this information from because I have 5 pairs of Diesels from the past few years not made in Italy and their all really good quality, ranging from Safado, Viker, Larkee, Zathan and Zatiny they match the ones I have made in Italy. You're basing this information solely on the fact their not made in Italy it seems. I had a few pairs of Diesels from 2003 that were not made in Italy and they were still the same quality, back then it was much rarer but Diesel is obviously trying to keep a lower price point so a broader range of people can buy them, its a smart move considering premium denim took a dive when the US economy busted since nobody wanted to pay that much for jeans.

post #15 of 21

I've had more than 15 pairs of diesel, so I can tell you this. Diesel jeans, a very different quality. Quality varies, you can not say that all the washes have the same quality. 

post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post

I've had more than 15 pairs of diesel, so I can tell you this. Diesel jeans, a very different quality. Quality varies, you can not say that all the washes have the same quality. 

 

 

i've had over 50 pairs of Diesel jeans i've been wearing them since 1999 hence my join date ---> i've never had a problem with them quality wise regardless of where they are made. All washes aren't going to be the same quality because the more the jeans are distressed the more likely they are to rip earlier on in their life, and if their not %100 percent cotton and thick denim they also rip earlier but thats because of the material not being thick, as it comes to stitching and just overal quality they've always been top notch.

post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin suburban View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post

I've had more than 15 pairs of diesel, so I can tell you this. Diesel jeans, a very different quality. Quality varies, you can not say that all the washes have the same quality. 

 

 

i've had over 50 pairs of Diesel jeans i've been wearing them since 1999 hence my join date ---> i've never had a problem with them quality wise regardless of where they are made. All washes aren't going to be the same quality because the more the jeans are distressed the more likely they are to rip earlier on in their life, and if their not %100 percent cotton and thick denim they also rip earlier but thats because of the material not being thick, as it comes to stitching and just overal quality they've always been top notch.

It is your opinion. I say that the quality is very different depending on the wash.

post #18 of 21
I agree that the cheap ones and the expensive jeans are almost same quality, only the amount of detail and distressing process differs, and where it is made (labor cost). But many here will disagree.
post #19 of 21
Hmmm but again, I think it's all about what you mean with "quality".

I'd also rather have the 888P wash instead of 8PI wash, because the denim feels better, fits better.. but the finishing touches are the same.
post #20 of 21
I agree with you swervin on all your points, I personally think there's a little bit of a marketing gimmick going on with MII diesels. I've had loads of diesels over the years and I have to say the 886B was the worst quality jean I've ever owned. 888P is so far the best. They've kept their characteristics nicely. Both MII, go figure.
post #21 of 21

888p is an ideal quality for me. and I expect that 805a will be good. Of course, not all "Italian washes" have super quality, but generally speaking, the jeans are made in Italy, made ​​from better quality denim.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans