or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › needs opinion: diesel zaf 796
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

needs opinion: diesel zaf 796 - Page 2

post #26 of 45
My jeans have the stripes as well. If you are not satisfied, you should leave ItalianShmepot negative feedback--but let me warn you--you might make some enemies out of the "microstitchers" on this forum. lol. I would leave negative feedback asap and tell everyone to GO TO A REAL STORE!
post #27 of 45
My jeans have the stripes as well. If you are not satisfied, you should leave ItalianShmepot negative feedback--but let me warn you--you might make some enemies out of the "microstitchers" on this forum. [mod edit - disrespectful]

ZATHANSRULE, please follow the rules of the forum. It is fine for you to suggest to people courses of action, but person attacks are not acceptable.
post #28 of 45
Zathansrule,
That's what I am trying to prove if my jeans that were bought from italian depot are indeed gray item or not. I will go to urbanoutfitters store either today or tomorrow and check their zaf jeans regarding the size and the obviousness of the stripe pattern.
I want to clarify that there is stripe pattern on my jeans, but it is not as obvious as that on my x-rotuck. The stripe I am talking about is on the lower fraont and the whole back side of the jeans. I also hope I can get pictures of the zaf 796 jeans from memeber of this forum.
post #29 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by budilart
I think the zaf jeans are great, but frankly I am abit dissappointed with the lack of stripeness on my jeans. I like to post a picture of my jeans, but currently I have no digital camera.

I like the 796 wash mainly due to the stripe pattern. That's why I am curious if the lack of stripeness is one of the defects of my zaf jeans. As you mentioned in the previous thread that there will be some difference between the jeans originated from italiandeport and diesel store.

Since you bought your zaf from an authorized dealer, which sells non-defect zaf jeans, we can compare the jeans and possibly figure out if the lack of stripeness is a common feature of the new 796 zaf diesel jeans.

I hope I explain my reason well.

Also, I notice that my x-rotuck which is bought in early 2004 at diesel store has the same color of my zaf jeans. The color is more greenish and has yellowish fade. But my x-rotuck has more obvious stripe pattern (just like the older 796 wash) both on the lower front and the back of the jeans. With this fact I conclude that the obviousness of the stripe pattern with 796 wash should stay relatively the same.

It is interesting to notice that the color of 796 changes with the time when the jeans are made. Please correct me if I am wrong, the earlier x-rotuck 796 (2002-2003) is more bluiesh and has white fade. Which one is the better wash?
Have a look at the pix I took of my x-rotucks (source: bloomingdales) and ZAFs (source: urbanoutfitters.com):

http://www.columbia.edu/~blm14/DSCN4698.JPG
http://www.columbia.edu/~blm14/DSCN4697.JPG

You can see that the stripeyness is a little bit less pronounced on the ZAF and also that the x-rotuck is a bit more blue in color. Its easier to see in real life than in pix. I've generally found that the stripeynes is ALWAYS less pronounced in real pairs than in fake. Have a look at this pic I took of my bloomingdales x-rotucks (on the right) next to my denimkingdom 'x-rotucks' (on the left):



As you can see, the stripeyness is much less pronounced on the real ones. This may also vary from pair to pair. I also have a pair of cardiels in 796:



Again the stripeyness is rather subtle. I've seen some of the older models like kratt 796 and fanker 796 where the stripes are more bold, but it may just be a variance from pair to pair or something where diesel has changed the 796 wash over time. If you can, post some pix of yours and we can compare.
post #30 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by budilart
Also,
do you guys notice that the size of 796 zaf tends to run one size bigger compared to zathan or x-rotuck. Or it's just my jeans in particular. Thanks.
I wear 38 in x-rotuck (source: bloomingdales) and a 36 in ZAF (source: urbanoutfitters.com), so I can attest that there is some variance. 36 in x-rotuck fits me correctly in the waist but is very tight in the thighs which is why I go one size larger.
post #31 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kks
Yeah they did and do sell the Zaf's in Diesel stores as I bought mine there. Pics as posted in the other thread are here: http://www.myweb.uiowa.edu/kswinton/Diesel/diesel.htm
Yowza! You need to use the macro mode on your camera when taking those closeups of the tags otherwise they will always be blurry like that. Look for a focus setting on your camera which has a little flower on it, and then try again
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by budilart
Zathansrule,
That's what I am trying to prove if my jeans that were bought from italian depot are indeed gray item or not. I will go to urbanoutfitters store either today or tomorrow and check their zaf jeans regarding the size and the obviousness of the stripe pattern.
I want to clarify that there is stripe pattern on my jeans, but it is not as obvious as that on my x-rotuck. The stripe I am talking about is on the lower fraont and the whole back side of the jeans. I also hope I can get pictures of the zaf 796 jeans from memeber of this forum.
That is an excellent plan. I would love to hear what results you get from comparing the ZAFs you got from italiandepot to the ones in an urban outfitters. I suspect that you will find that they look the same and that there is just variance in the 796 wash from cut to cut, which I have found to be the case anyways. Please keep us posted!
post #33 of 45
blm14,
Thanks for the picture and I can see clearly that the stripyness on the new 796 zaf is less pronounced that that on the older x-rotuck 796. The stripeyness on my zaf is similar to yours. It seems that stripyness pattern just changes with the time when the jeans made.
You also mentioned that the color of your x-rotuck is more blue in color than the zaf. When did you buy your x-rotuck or when was it manufactured?

My x-rotuck 796 which was bought from diesel store in Feb 2004 has the same color as the zaf 796 (yellowish fade, more greenish blue in color). I believe the newer 796 wash will be more green and yellowish. Which do you like better the older and the new 796 wash?
About the size, this is kind of weird. You mentioned that you wear size 36 for zaf and size 38 for x-rotuck. Mine is the opposite, I wear size 34 for x-rotuck, zathan (diesel store) and 33 for zaf (italiandepot). Size 34 of zaf is just way too big for me. I assume this may be the defect of the zaf jeans sold by the italiandepot.

Overall, I am very satisfied to know that the stripe pattern on the zaf 796 is less pronounced than that on x-rotuck 796 and definitely like my zaf jeans again .

I will keep you in post about my visit to urbanoutfitters store and hope they have the zaf jeans in there.

Thank's
post #34 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by budilart
blm14,
Thanks for the picture and I can see clearly that the stripyness on the new 796 zaf is less pronounced that that on the older x-rotuck 796. The stripeyness on my zaf is similar to yours. It seems that stripyness pattern just changes with the time when the jeans made.
You also mentioned that the color of your x-rotuck is more blue in color than the zaf. When did you buy your x-rotuck or when was it manufactured?

My x-rotuck 796 which was bought from diesel store in Feb 2004 has the same color as the zaf 796 (yellowish fade, more greenish blue in color). I believe the newer 796 wash will be more green and yellowish. Which do you like better the older and the new 796 wash?
About the size, this is kind of weird. You mentioned that you wear size 36 for zaf and size 38 for x-rotuck. Mine is the opposite, I wear size 34 for x-rotuck, zathan (diesel store) and 33 for zaf (italiandepot). Size 34 of zaf is just way too big for me. I assume this may be the defect of the zaf jeans sold by the italiandepot.

Overall, I am very satisfied to know that the stripe pattern on the zaf 796 is less pronounced than that on x-rotuck 796 and definitely like my zaf jeans again .

I will keep you in post about my visit to urbanoutfitters store and hope they have the zaf jeans in there.

Thank's
As to your question about the manufacture date on my x-rotucks, I am not at home now so I will have to get back to you. But I can tell you that I own two pairs of authentic 796 x-rotucks, I purchased them almost a year apart and they look exactly the same.

Sizing issues: I am a big guy. Many designer jeans dont fit me because the leg is too slim. Everyone's build is different which is why I always recommend that people try stuff on before buying it, even if you end up going the ebay route.

I've been to three urban outfitters lately and they all have the ZAF 796 so I think you should be safe. Good luck!

-ben
post #35 of 45
while we are discussing size...I wear a 32 in the ZAF from the diesel store, which when measured is 36". Does that mean that all of the tighter fitting Diesel's will actually be 36" when it says they are a 32?
post #36 of 45
blue888blue,
Do you usually wear size 36 for diesel jeans?
post #37 of 45
I usually wear a 34 waist but when I got my Zaf's I got a 32 and they fit very comfortably.
post #38 of 45
Hi eitan,
Your case is the same as mine. I usually wear size 34 with zathan and x-rotuck, and I have to go down to 33 for zaf. Where did you get your zaf jeans. If this is true, zaf size is not accurate.
post #39 of 45
Well this is the first time I have had a pair of Diesels in a while. My ZAF's are all I have to go off of. Most of my jeans are either a 33 or 34 but all of them measure 36 in the waist. The reason I was wondering is because I am about to purchase a pair of Clerby 82L, the stretch denim, and I didn't know what size to get. I don't want them to fit skin tight so I didn't know what to get.
post #40 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue888blue
while we are discussing size...I wear a 32 in the ZAF from the diesel store, which when measured is 36". Does that mean that all of the tighter fitting Diesel's will actually be 36" when it says they are a 32?
I think what it is is that people misunderstand where a man's waist actually is. Your real waist is just below your belly button. All of these designer jeans are cut to sit on your hips, which is quite low. Also, the waistline kind of dips down, so its different to measure thru the belt buckles than it is to lay them flat and just measure the distance from edge to edge.

Generally speaking, I am the same size in diesels as in other jeans (36 or 38 - never 34 or 40) but when I buy dress slacks or suits I usually end up with a 40 waist...
post #41 of 45
Hi ,
I just went to the urbanoutfitters to check on the zaf 796. Here are my findings:
1. The size of ZAF tend to run one size bigger. ( I tried size 34 and it's too big for me, I usually wear size 34 for zathan and x-rotuck).
2. The stripe pattern is purely random, the stripyness on one jeans can be more pronounced than the other. Since I bought the jeans from italiandepot, I cannot pick the one with mose pronounced stripyness. It's my bad luck.

With this I conclude that my zaf jeans sold by italiandepot is perfectly fine. Thank you for all your helps.
post #42 of 45
Thread Starter 
I got big thigh...so anything with bootcut and low waist style, the size always 34....
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by budilart
Hi eitan,
Your case is the same as mine. I usually wear size 34 with zathan and x-rotuck, and I have to go down to 33 for zaf. Where did you get your zaf jeans. If this is true, zaf size is not accurate.
I got my Zaf's from Nordstroms.
post #44 of 45
hi i always buy a 30w 32 leg in zathans,x rotuck,clerby,when i tried the zaf on i found them large fitting and went for a 29w 32l in the 796 wash, these sold out very quickly in the stores round me,they are for sure slacker on the thigh and more boot though than a zathan, a great jean! i still love my x rotuck 772 the best though these come a close second !! rus
post #45 of 45
quick question about the ZAF for anyone who has a pair in a 27, 28 or 29 inch waist: how wide are the leg openings?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › needs opinion: diesel zaf 796