or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Whats up with all the skinny jeans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whats up with all the skinny jeans?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 

Why is everything so skinny and skin tight? Best jean is still Zathan. Zatiny even needs to open the bottom up some. Skinny jeans on guys look feminine.

post #2 of 24

The reason why you feel this way is because there's way too many people that wear skinny jeans that shouldn't be wearing them. They are not for everyone and they  are not made for people who have big muscular legs. I certainly don't look fem in mine.

 

 

IMG_7480.jpg

 

IMG_8232.jpg

 

IMG_1419.jpg

 

IMG_1694.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #3 of 24
post #4 of 24

This guy is just a troll. Skinny jeans look amazing on guys that have the body to wear them. Ask my model wife how feminine I look in skinny jeans. Men who wear skinny jeans are comfortable enough with themselves and their sexuality that they feel confident to wear them and know they look good wearing them. Bootcut jeans look so ridiculous. I cant believe I ever wore them. 

post #5 of 24

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I am a fan of skinny jeans myself but I agree with Gpoop in that they are not for everybody. Gpoop, your jeans fit you great and the skinny cut really suits you. I agree with you that skinny jeans sometimes get a bad reputation because there are certain individuals who's body types are just not suited for skinnier cuts.

 

For instance, the user in this image I came across in another thread would be a prototypical example of a person who, in my opinion, does not have the right body type to pull off a skinny jean:

342x700px-LL-58849515_6333269591_bd869c2db5_b.jpeg

 

As you can see, he has quite large legs and this gives the jeans almost a legging-like appearance which I could see people deeming as 'feminine'. If you compare this image to say some of Gpoop's pictures, you can see how his skinny jeans fit him nicely as he has very slender legs. Itsinmyjeans, I have seen some of your pics in other threads and you also have the ideal body type to pull off slimmer cuts.

 

I imagine the original poster is more so basing his opinion on the type of people like in the pic I posted above who may not have the best body type to be wearing skinny jeans. That being said, itsinmyjeans, I agree with you 100% on bootcuts. I used to wear Zatiny back in the day but I switched to Thanaz and Thavar over a year ago and haven't looked back.

 

However, at the end of the day I still think people should wear whatever jeans they feel comfortable in whether it be bootcut or skinny jeans. If they feel it looks good on them, then they should run with it regardless of anybody else's opinion.

post #6 of 24

Speak for yourself itsinmyjeans.

I don't agree with the OP's post somewhat bashing on skinny's, but i also do not agree with you calling bootcuts so ridiculous.

You're gonna offend a lot of people here.

post #7 of 24
so that's why diesel is still making these cuts , sknyjeansrlame still buying them. was already wondering.
post #8 of 24
Well, zathan, zatiny and larkee are diesels biggest selling jeans and while there is Market diesel as a company will supply. As for what looks good, it's all about perspective. Skinnyjeansrlame, granted, is a bit behind the times as bootcuts are out of style at the moment but it is true also that a lot of people do not know how to wear skinny jeans. IMO jeans should be worn a certain way. There should a little give all the way down the leg and diesel make so many different cuts that they will have a jean for everyone who wants that look. Check out the wdaywt thread for examples on how to wear skinnys. Gpoop and itsinmyjeans and others wear the skinnys. I myself have the good sense to know they won't suit me so to achieve the look I go for Safado. That's my two cents!!
post #9 of 24

I like bootcut but... you could wear Zathan/ Zatiny just as skin tight around the thighs too.

post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris24 View Post

Speak for yourself itsinmyjeans.

I don't agree with the OP's post somewhat bashing on skinny's, but i also do not agree with you calling bootcuts so ridiculous.

You're gonna offend a lot of people here.



 icon_rolleyes.gif Yeah Im going to offend a lot of people here. Everyone knows me and noone gets offended by anything I say. I dont get offended by anything they say. We all have different opinions from everything from style to politics. rolleyes.gifWe agree to disagree and are all still friends.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimore View Post

so that's why diesel is still making these cuts , sknyjeansrlame still buying them. was already wondering.


1912afirmar.giflol



Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

Well, zathan, zatiny and larkee are diesels biggest selling jeans and while there is Market diesel as a company will supply. As for what looks good, it's all about perspective. Skinnyjeansrlame, granted, is a bit behind the times as bootcuts are out of style at the moment but it is true also that a lot of people do not know how to wear skinny jeans. IMO jeans should be worn a certain way. There should a little give all the way down the leg and diesel make so many different cuts that they will have a jean for everyone who wants that look. Check out the wdaywt thread for examples on how to wear skinnys. Gpoop and itsinmyjeans and others wear the skinnys. I myself have the good sense to know they won't suit me so to achieve the look I go for Safado. That's my two cents!!


Just for the record you make Safado look GOOD! Also, I was including safado in my assessment. I guess I shouldve been more specific. All slim jeans are what I was referring to(or even tapered).

 

post #11 of 24


I didnt see this post yet. This user (cander) bought these jeans with the express purpose of having something to slim down into. He is aware they dont fit well now and is dropping weight to get them to fit right. I agree with you that people should wear what makes them feel right. We also have the right to have our opinions on how it looks. I think skinny jeans look great. I think that people who dont have the body type to wear them should go for the Vikers or some other straight cut like larkee or even a good tapered/carrot fit like Krooley, Braddom, Larkee-T. I just think flare/boot cut is weird looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideways View Post

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. I am a fan of skinny jeans myself but I agree with Gpoop in that they are not for everybody. Gpoop, your jeans fit you great and the skinny cut really suits you. I agree with you that skinny jeans sometimes get a bad reputation because there are certain individuals who's body types are just not suited for skinnier cuts.

 

For instance, the user in this image I came across in another thread would be a prototypical example of a person who, in my opinion, does not have the right body type to pull off a skinny jean:

342x700px-LL-58849515_6333269591_bd869c2db5_b.jpeg

 

As you can see, he has quite large legs and this gives the jeans almost a legging-like appearance which I could see people deeming as 'feminine'. If you compare this image to say some of Gpoop's pictures, you can see how his skinny jeans fit him nicely as he has very slender legs. Itsinmyjeans, I have seen some of your pics in other threads and you also have the ideal body type to pull off slimmer cuts.

 

I imagine the original poster is more so basing his opinion on the type of people like in the pic I posted above who may not have the best body type to be wearing skinny jeans. That being said, itsinmyjeans, I agree with you 100% on bootcuts. I used to wear Zatiny back in the day but I switched to Thanaz and Thavar over a year ago and haven't looked back.

 

However, at the end of the day I still think people should wear whatever jeans they feel comfortable in whether it be bootcut or skinny jeans. If they feel it looks good on them, then they should run with it regardless of anybody else's opinion.



 

post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 

I was not expecting this. Its just my opinion about the skinny jeans. In general, I think they look feminine. I am quite sure they are simply a Fad is the US. Granted...some don't look sooo bad. I guess my point is that it seems the majority of jeans are a skinny style at the current time. 

 

Bootcut and Straight leg jeans are a classic style that will always be in fashion. They are the most versatile jean in your wardrobe by far.

post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknyjeansrlame View Post

I was not expecting this. Its just my opinion about the skinny jeans. In general, I think they look feminine. I am quite sure they are simply a Fad is the US. Granted...some don't look sooo bad. I guess my point is that it seems the majority of jeans are a skinny style at the current time. 

 

Bootcut and Straight leg jeans are a classic style that will always be in fashion. They are the most versatile jean in your wardrobe by far.



I agree that skinny jeans MAY come and go. A lot of styles do(but not all--some stuff comes in style and stays there---I dont think Wayfarers have ever gone out). Also, you are correct about the straight leg jeans. They are classic. Bootcut, not so much. Bootcut is very much out of style right now. Im sure it will come back. I dont like the way it looks anymore. I just feel odd having a flare on the bottom of my leg. 

post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknyjeansrlame View Post

I was not expecting this. Its just my opinion about the skinny jeans. In general, I think they look feminine. I am quite sure they are simply a Fad is the US. Granted...some don't look sooo bad. I guess my point is that it seems the majority of jeans are a skinny style at the current time. 

 

Bootcut and Straight leg jeans are a classic style that will always be in fashion. They are the most versatile jean in your wardrobe by far.



LOL, bootcut looks much more feminime than skinny cuts.

post #15 of 24
Thread Starter 

Thats a joke. But then again...you do come from the skinny jean too tight tee shirt wearing continent. 

post #16 of 24

Why are we even engaging this troll again???

post #17 of 24

This year i have bought 4 diesels, 1 viker ,2 thavars and one zatiny.

fuk it,i wear skinny, straight and bootcuts.

they can all look good,

post #18 of 24
Itsinmyjeans, we entertain him coz it's more fun to show morons just how moronic they can be. I mean, it's all well and good having an opinion and have a debate about said opinion in a courteous manner but this guy won't be happy till everyone thinks like him. So my advice to him is either take a chill pill and stop being so bull-headed or piss off somewhere else.
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpoop View Post

The reason why you feel this way is because there's way too many people that wear skinny jeans that shouldn't be wearing them. They are not for everyone and they  are not made for people who have big muscular legs. I certainly don't look fem in mine.

 

 

IMG_7480.jpg

 

IMG_8232.jpg

 

IMG_1419.jpg

 

IMG_1694.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, can you tell me what is exactly the wash and the model for the last 2 pictures.

Thanks.



 

post #20 of 24

Sure! Shioner 8L6 and the last is the almighty Thanaz 73J!

post #21 of 24

The 73j goes without saying but I love those Shioner 8l6 on you man! Those are so great, didn't you say you got a really good deal on those? I remember the first time you posted those and I loved them... Shioner is your cut bro.

post #22 of 24

I wear straight cut, bootcut, slim, skinny, Diesel, Levis, Topman, Lee, Pepe and A&F!

 

I wear loads of different styles, cuts and brands depending on my mood or what is suitable for the time! I am well in to skinny jeans at the moment and I don't think they look feminine at all! I agree with jeanetic that for those who are comfortable with their sexualit, it doesn't even enter their heads about whether or not they look feminine. In fact it takes a lot of confidence in yourself to show off your assets as a man so you have to be confident in yourself!

 

Now bring me my Thavars!

post #23 of 24



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sknyjeansrlame View Post

Why is everything so skinny and skin tight? Best jean is still Zathan. Zatiny even needs to open the bottom up some. Skinny jeans on guys look feminine.



 

For me the best fit is the slim-straight: the legs look better if they look like two cigaretts.. nothing more (regular confort or loose),  nothing less (skinny or superskinny).

I also like classic washes, like stonewash and light indigo that today are very rare to find in stores..

 

post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 505 regular View Post



 



 

For me the best fit is the slim-straight: the legs look better if they look like two cigaretts.. 

 



I like my legs to look like two joints(skinnies) 653.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Whats up with all the skinny jeans?