or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Are Women's Clothing Not Just for Women Anymore?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are Women's Clothing Not Just for Women Anymore?

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 

Women have for many years have worn men's clothing. So is it time for the men to start raiding the section of the other sex? More frequently I have been reading and noticing more men being less shy of wearing women's clothes. For example Kanye West, he famously wore a Celine shirt from the Spring 2011 collection. Before that he wore a shirt from Phillip Lims women's collection to attend his show. Then there is DJ Cassidy who recently opened up about being fond over the women's accessories section at Intermix. The saying goes "If the shoe fits, wear it." So how many of you guys are going to stop limiting yourselves to what you like?

 

Kanye Celine.jpg

 

 

dj cassidy tory burch.jpg

post #2 of 25

All I can say is that my Sister is constantly pinching and wearing my jeans from the washing line!  I would take a picture, but she's got them on at the moment (and has gone on holiday with them!!).

 

But this is where you (and she!!!) could get her own pair. [admin edit - if you are interested in advertizing please contact the admin but don't do it in your posts] I'm not sure why she does it- but I have to say it is strange seeing your jeans worn by your Sister!!

 

Just too weird. I'd never wear her jeans!

post #3 of 25

Haha Kanye looks okay in that, but I personally feel like there's plenty of MEN'S clothes in existence that there really is no need to specifically look for women's clothes to wear.

 

I have -never- limited what I like to gender. I like clothes of both men and women, but it doesn't mean I'm going to wear it all just because I like the way it looks on females. Not sure if this is what the question is asking necessarily, but no, I won't go out of my way to wear women's clothes because I like the way they look.. I believe that's crossdressing.

 

If you're talking gender-neutral pieces.. well then they're gender-neutral really. Arguably you will still find better clothes for men in the men's section..

 

EDIT: Men should never wear women's jeans, period. I shouldn't be able to look at a man's backside and mistake it for a female's.

post #4 of 25
I agree with rizzice. Why wear women's clothes when men's look good? It's not like women have the market cornered when it comes to nice clothes. Kanye West is a narcissisitic moron so of course he wears womens clothes. He wants to bring something in style so he can fall more in love with himself and have more to brag about. If anything I will avoid almost anything Kanye wears.

Also, is anyone going to start charging Frenchconnection.com for all the free advertising they do under the name Collin4may? I bet more than 85% of his post have included links to the website.
post #5 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzice View Post

 

I have -never- limited what I like to gender. I like clothes of both men and women, but it doesn't mean I'm going to wear it all just because I like the way it looks on females. Not sure if this is what the question is asking necessarily, but no, I won't go out of my way to wear women's clothes because I like the way they look.. I believe that's crossdressing.

 

If you're talking gender-neutral pieces.. well then they're gender-neutral really. Arguably you will still find better clothes for men in the men's section..

 

EDIT: Men should never wear women's jeans, period. I shouldn't be able to look at a man's backside and mistake it for a female's.



That's your problem, pal. For most of us, we don't dress the way we do to please others.

 

Btw, those sure are some contradicting statements. You never limit it to gender but... men should never wear women's jeans? I personally don't believe it's crossdressing when it comes to such casual apparel. Jeans are a gender neutral clothing, it's silly to say that a certain fit, or a certain wash is intended only for one person. I hate the concept of "girl jeans" and "guy jeans". Mostly because I've always hated men's jeans, and I've tried every style they're limited to.

 

A while back, I bought my first pair of girls jeans by accident, because they were in with the guy's department for some reason and they quickly become my favorite jeans before I even realized. I love the fit, and I've never worn a pair quite like them before. They are indeed form fitting, but they're not "tight", snug through the waist and thighs with a slight flare below the knee. They allow so much freedom and flexibility and are so soft, they're not even like wearing actual jeans. I've never worn a pair that fit so well, the only down-side to them are that the front pockets are too shallow to put anything in. I love they way they look, feminine yes but not "girly", and I like that look. I'm about to say that I'm done with guy's jeans, because the fit, and the looks that I like, aren't made in men's.
 

post #6 of 25
You could've said that without trashing rizzice's opinion, this is a forum where nobody's opinion is wrong. Your point is valid and i hope you don't hurt yourself when you're getting off your high horse in ladies jeans!
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

You could've said that without trashing rizzice's opinion, this is a forum where nobody's opinion is wrong. Your point is valid and i hope you don't hurt yourself when you're getting off your high horse in ladies jeans!

 

So he's allowed to say so and so should "never" do this or that because of a homophobic paranoia he has, and I can't say that's silly or that it's his problem? Or point out an obvious contradictory statement? It's a respectful dissection, not a trashing.

 

You know what? I don't buy it. Please don't troll me for the sake of a burn.

post #8 of 25
I wasnt trying to burn you. Your comment was high handed and I just merely pointed it out to you. You're very quick to accuse to accuse people of homophobia and that kind of thing doesn't sit well with me. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean everyone hates them
for it. Homophobia has nothing to do with it and to accuse him of so is premature and rude, this is a denim forum, not a platform for sexual preference or bias so if you wanna have a hissy fit and start accusing people you can take your attitude elsewhere. I sure there is paranoid, cry-baby forum out there somewhere.
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukette View Post

I wasnt trying to burn you. Your comment was high handed and I just merely pointed it out to you. You're very quick to accuse to accuse people of homophobia and that kind of thing doesn't sit well with me. Just because someone is gay doesn't mean everyone hates them
for it. Homophobia has nothing to do with it and to accuse him of so is premature and rude, this is a denim forum, not a platform for sexual preference or bias so if you wanna have a hissy fit and start accusing people you can take your attitude elsewhere. I sure there is paranoid, cry-baby forum out there somewhere.



My quoting of his statements was merely me engaging in discussion of the topic at hand, he had already dove into the politics, which is more or less what this thread was about. I'm not calling anyone anything, so stop with the accusations. He explained his reasoning for why men should never wear women's jeans as being for his fear of accidentally checking out a guy's backside, that's a fear and a quite irrational, one might say paranoid fear, and a fear of homo-eroticism indeed. Perhaps he was kidding around?


You are singling me and riding me for the hell of it, rather than engaging in discussion of the topic for a senseless back and forth that contributes nothing. I offered criticism and my opinion on the matter and was waiting for his reply. You're offering slams, out of context accusations, attacks, and an invitation to leave. You're being a troll, and if there's a block option here, consider it done.

post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeacat View Post

That's your problem, pal. For most of us, we don't dress the way we do to please others.

 

Btw, those sure are some contradicting statements. You never limit it to gender but... men should never wear women's jeans? I personally don't believe it's crossdressing when it comes to such casual apparel. Jeans are a gender neutral clothing, it's silly to say that a certain fit, or a certain wash is intended only for one person. I hate the concept of "girl jeans" and "guy jeans". Mostly because I've always hated men's jeans, and I've tried every style they're limited to.

 

A while back, I bought my first pair of girls jeans by accident, because they were in with the guy's department for some reason and they quickly become my favorite jeans before I even realized. I love the fit, and I've never worn a pair quite like them before. They are indeed form fitting, but they're not "tight", snug through the waist and thighs with a slight flare below the knee. They allow so much freedom and flexibility and are so soft, they're not even like wearing actual jeans. I've never worn a pair that fit so well, the only down-side to them are that the front pockets are too shallow to put anything in. I love they way they look, feminine yes but not "girly", and I like that look. I'm about to say that I'm done with guy's jeans, because the fit, and the looks that I like, aren't made in men's. 



Whatever it still looks ridiculous. Wear what makes you feel good. I dont care. I also dont have to like it or think it looks good.As it stands, I dont think it looks good. It is cross dressing. There is not debate about it. If you are a person who wears the opposite sex's clothes then you are cross dressing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeacat View Post

 

So he's allowed to say so and so should "never" do this or that because of a homophobic paranoia he has, and I can't say that's silly or that it's his problem? Or point out an obvious contradictory statement? It's a respectful dissection, not a trashing.

 

You know what? I don't buy it. Please don't troll me for the sake of a burn.


Quit being uptight about trivial issues. If you want to act pissy towards the members then you are welcome to go to styleforum, where everyone cuts people who think differently than them down. Around we here we talk respectfully to each other and we dont call each other RIDICULOUS names like Homophobic. Get over yourself. Noone here hates anybody. When you use inflammatory remarks like homophobe, xenophobe, or racist then you end all reasonable discussion.The left is notorious for that and no one even pays attention when they use it. This is not a political site. Again, if you want to call people names, then go to styleforum.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by likeacat View Post

My quoting of his statements was merely me engaging in discussion of the topic at hand, he had already dove into the politics, which is more or less what this thread was about. I'm not calling anyone anything, so stop with the accusations. He explained his reasoning for why men should never wear women's jeans as being for his fear of accidentally checking out a guy's backside, that's a fear and a quite irrational, one might say paranoid fear, and a fear of homo-eroticism indeed. Perhaps he was kidding around?

You are singling me and riding me for the hell of it, rather than engaging in discussion of the topic for a senseless back and forth that contributes nothing. I offered criticism and my opinion on the matter and was waiting for his reply. You're offering slams, out of context accusations, attacks, and an invitation to leave. You're being a troll, and if there's a block option here, consider it done.


Rizzice NEVER dove into politics. You might as well block all of us here because noone is going to let you talk disrespectfully to others without saying something to you about it. We are not here to cut each other down. We arent here to talk politics. We are here to talk DENIM! If you dont agree with someone then say so without calling them names.

 

post #11 of 25



 

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsinmyjeans View PostWhatever it still looks ridiculous. Wear what makes you feel good. I dont care. I also dont have to like it or think it looks good.As it stands, I dont think it looks good. It is cross dressing. There is not debate about it. If you are a person who wears the opposite sex's clothes then you are cross dressing.

 

Hey, it's a matter of opinion and taste! We folks here at denim blog surely know that. I think relaxed jeans make people look ridiculous. And where you say there is no room for debate, clearly that isn't case. Everything is debatable.

 

Take this hypothetical scenario: Say a manufacture makes a new line of jeans and they simply brand them "jeans". They design and tailor them to ambiguous fit, and sell them to retail with no labeling as to whether they're men's, women's, or even unisex and they're not sold in either department. Who's crossdressing then? Do we avoid at all costs, or do we accept that anyone can wear them? What if your favorite brand started to sell their "women's line" in the men's department?

 

The point of course being, jeans are not male or female, rather are marketed one way or the other because of the manufacture believes the appeal of a certain product is more solidly in the interest of one sex than the other. If they thought guys would wear something they market toward girls, they'd go for it. In some cases, they already do this. Does that make them crossdressing enablers, or does it simply say that a certain style is acceptable for anyone?

 

 

Quote:
Quit being uptight about trivial issues. If you want to act pissy towards the members then you are welcome to go to styleforum, where everyone cuts people who think differently than them down. Around we here we talk respectfully to each other and we dont call each other RIDICULOUS names like Homophobic. Get over yourself. Noone here hates anybody. When you use inflammatory remarks like homophobe, xenophobe, or racist then you end all reasonable discussion.The left is notorious for that and no one even pays attention when they use it. This is not a political site. Again, if you want to call people names, then go to styleforum.


Hey, I've felt nothing but cut down in this thread, and have honestly no idea how I've offended Rizzice, the guy hasn't even responded.. Maybe it's in my nature as I'm just not soft spoken, especially when someone makes a bold statement I disagree with. Difference of opinion is great though, debate is healthy. For the record I will not except accusation of calling anyone a homophobe, as I've explained. But I'll do the bigger thing here... I sincerely apologize, regardless. Can we proceed with civil debate?

 

You'll have to help me out as I'm new here, but is "styleforum" a part of deminblog or another site? Is this an inappropriate place to discuss style? I feel like I'm in the twilight zone here. I took the OP as an invitation to discussion opinion of "women's clothing not just for women anymore".

 

Quote:

 

Rizzice NEVER dove into politics. You might as well block all of us here because noone is going to let you talk disrespectfully to others without saying something to you about it. We are not here to cut each other down. We arent here to talk politics. We are here to talk DENIM! If you dont agree with someone then say so without calling them names.

 

     
       Again, I don't see how I was being disrespectful, nor did I name call. I was trolled for having a strong opinion, I feel cut down and taken out of context by the last guy. But, I apologize again, for where ever I've unknowingly offended anyone who did not entice such bickering. As I've explain, I'm here to talk whatever the topic at hand is about, and that's what I've tried to do since my first post!

post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeacat View Post

 

          

Hey, it's a matter of opinion and taste! We folks here at denim blog surely know that. I think relaxed jeans make people look ridiculous. And where you say there is no room for debate, clearly that isn't case. Everything is debatable.

 

Take this hypothetical scenario: Say a manufacture makes a new line of jeans and they simply brand them "jeans". They design and tailor them to ambiguous fit, and sell them to retail with no labeling as to whether they're men's, women's, or even unisex and they're not sold in either department. Who's crossdressing then? Do we avoid at all costs, or do we accept that anyone can wear them? What if your favorite brand started to sell their "women's line" in the men's department?

 

The point of course being, jeans are not male or female, rather are marketed one way or the other because of the manufacture believes the appeal of a certain product is more solidly in the interest of one sex than the other. If they thought guys would wear something they market toward girls, they'd go for it. In some cases, they already do this. Does that make them crossdressing enablers, or does it simply say that a certain style is acceptable for anyone?

 



I said wearing womens clothing as cross dressing wasnt debatable. I didnt say nothing was debatable. Please read what is said first. Second, your scenario doesnt apply. If they were making them unisex then they would be unisex. That would be hard to do because mens jeans USUALLY have larger pockets and a higher rise(front and rear). That gives them a different look. So a unisex pair would need to have about an 8.5" rise with medium sized back pockets. It obviously wouldnt be cross dressing if they were unisex.

And about your next post towards me, please read what I write carefully before responding. I never said anything about going somewhere else to speak about style! I said if you are going to call someone a homophobe(or any other name) then go away. We dont want a toxic atmosphere where people call each other names. We all get along beautifully here(unlike most style forums) and we would like to continue that. So please stay. Just dont call anyone a homophobe because we think wearing womens clothes is cross dressing.

post #13 of 25

this discussion has been retread SO many times on this forum. In many cases the only difference between a man's jean and a woman's jean is the tag (think: low cut, slim leg, bootcut). Some very slim men have eg 26" waists and there ARE no men's jeans made that small. Some men actually like to look feminine - none of our business <shrug>

 

Society generally has no problem with women wearing men's clothes (think: boyfriend jeans). I say live and let live.

post #14 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14 View Post

Some very slim men have eg 26" waists and there ARE no men's jeans made that small.

Well if you believe that then you obviously have never heard of Diesels. They make PLENTY of jeans that size for men. I have one of the smallest frames of any grown man and Diesels are the way I go because they make the small waist sizes like that.

Anyways I will restate that my opinion on the matter is that ANYONE CAN WEAR ANYTHING THEY LIKE AND ITS NONE OF ANYONE ELSES BUSINESS(unless they ask for adivce or post on waywt). Anyways people should do what makes them happy. I have the right to say they are crossdressing and they have the right to say they arent. In the end nothing they say will change my opinion and nothing I say will change theres. So why argue?

post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinmyjeans View Post

Well if you believe that then you obviously have never heard of Diesels. They make PLENTY of jeans that size for men. I have one of the smallest frames of any grown man and Diesels are the way I go because they make the small waist sizes like that.

Anyways I will restate that my opinion on the matter is that ANYONE CAN WEAR ANYTHING THEY LIKE AND ITS NONE OF ANYONE ELSES BUSINESS(unless they ask for adivce or post on waywt). Anyways people should do what makes them happy. I have the right to say they are crossdressing and they have the right to say they arent. In the end nothing they say will change my opinion and nothing I say will change theres. So why argue?


Please look at my other posts before making such an ignorant comment as "you've never heard of diesels." 1) Not all diesel stores stock sizes below 28 for men. 2) Not all cuts are made in that size. 3) Not everyone has the luxury of having a diesel store near them. 4) Not everyone wants to wear diesel. 5) Not everyone can afford diesel. 6) It's possible for men to be even smaller than the smallest male size that diesel makes (I know some personally).

 

I agree with the rest of your statement. :)

 

post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by blm14 View Post

Please look at my other posts before making such an ignorant comment as "you've never heard of diesels." 1) Not all diesel stores stock sizes below 28 for men. 2) Not all cuts are made in that size. 3) Not everyone has the luxury of having a diesel store near them. 4) Not everyone wants to wear diesel. 5) Not everyone can afford diesel. 6) It's possible for men to be even smaller than the smallest male size that diesel makes (I know some personally).

 

I agree with the rest of your statement. :)

 

Oh my gosh will you get over yourself? Noone was actually implying that you have not heard of Diesels. Jeez sarcasm must be lost on you. You dont have to live near a Diesel store to buy Diesels. I certainly dont. I buy them online and there are PLENTY in my size. I cant think of one cut that doesnt come in that size.

I dont care if everyone can afford Diesel or wants to wear Diesel. My only point was to show you that you were WRONG about NO MENS JEANS BEING MADE IN 26. You were wrong. Its a ok to admit it.

If a man is smaller than the smallest size that Diesel makes(which you supposedly know personally--I mean will people make up just anything to win an argument?--I know I know. Im sure your next comment is to tell me how I dont know you and you arent making it up. Whatever) then I guess they can wear childrens jeans. Your argument has done NOTHING to convince me that its not crossdressing for men to wear womens clothing. You are wasting your breath honestly.
 

 

post #17 of 25

sup bros.

 

i completely agree with blm, jus' sayin'

post #18 of 25

cheer.gif

post #19 of 25

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinmyjeans View Post

Oh my gosh will you get over yourself? Noone was actually implying that you have not heard of Diesels. Jeez sarcasm must be lost on you. You dont have to live near a Diesel store to buy Diesels. I certainly dont. I buy them online and there are PLENTY in my size. I cant think of one cut that doesnt come in that size.

I dont care if everyone can afford Diesel or wants to wear Diesel. My only point was to show you that you were WRONG about NO MENS JEANS BEING MADE IN 26. You were wrong. Its a ok to admit it.

If a man is smaller than the smallest size that Diesel makes(which you supposedly know personally--I mean will people make up just anything to win an argument?--I know I know. Im sure your next comment is to tell me how I dont know you and you arent making it up. Whatever) then I guess they can wear childrens jeans. Your argument has done NOTHING to convince me that its not crossdressing for men to wear womens clothing. You are wasting your breath honestly. 

 

 

a) Please go back and look at my mall listings. I've actually SOLD men's diesels in waist 26 ON THIS FORUM.

 

b) Sometimes sarcasm isn't always so well communicated in online forums. Be clearer next time. :)

 

c) His name is chris, he used to be a user on this forum, username csirip I believe. He wore diesels in women's sizes 24 and 25 because even the mens 26 was too big on him. 

 

d) This is an x-rotuck 796, a jean that diesel made for men, that was sold in the men's department:

 

x-rotuckjeansdavid.jpg

 

Would you consider it crossdressing for a woman to wear that? Cuz you know what? Lots of women did. In fact, more women wore that cut than men.

 

How about boyfriend jeans:

 

dvbboyfriendjeansprofil.jpg

 
Those have a tag that say "womens" but if a man were wearing them you would never even know by looking at it.
 

The issue is not whether the tag says "womens" or "mens" on it. Your problem is that you don't like men wearing things that are feminine looking. Well that's your hangup, not mine. I say wear what you like and what looks good on you and fuck who the manufacturer intends to wear it. If the manufacturer wanted only black people or only white people or only gay people or only straight people or only bisexual transracial crossdressing hermaphroditic rappers to wear it, I would say fuck that too.
 

 

post #20 of 25

In fact, here's a picture of him. As you can see, very slim. He's like 6' tall too:

 

43w84sj.jpg

post #21 of 25

 

http://www.denimblog.com/c/t/43688/zathan-796-in-26x32-on-yoox-122

 

Yeah I never knew about men's diesel size 26. Nope, not a chance. Totally ignorant. 114.gif

post #22 of 25
Once again... I never said you haven't heard of diesel. S.A.R.C.A.S.M. And if you would've even read this thread then you'd see I also share the same view that people can wear what they want. That point was obviously lost on you though. Yes I do consider it cross dressing. So what? Why Are you so hung up on changing my opinion? Free ideas and free thought. No uniformity of ideals! That's the way it should be! I don't agree with and you don't with me! Why oh why are we still even having this conversation. My only point in this at the beginning was to give my opinion and inform one particular poster that we don't call each other hateful names like "homophobic" here just because we differ in opinion. Just because I think guys wearing girls clothes is cross dressing doesn't mean I hate gays. I love all people.
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinmyjeans View Post

I said wearing womens clothing as cross dressing wasnt debatable. I didnt say nothing was debatable. Please read what is said first. Second, your scenario doesnt apply. If they were making them unisex then they would be unisex. That would be hard to do because mens jeans USUALLY have larger pockets and a higher rise(front and rear). That gives them a different look. So a unisex pair would need to have about an 8.5" rise with medium sized back pockets. It obviously wouldnt be cross dressing if they were unisex.

And about your next post towards me, please read what I write carefully before responding. I never said anything about going somewhere else to speak about style! I said if you are going to call someone a homophobe(or any other name) then go away. We dont want a toxic atmosphere where people call each other names. We all get along beautifully here(unlike most style forums) and we would like to continue that. So please stay.


Well if you want to look at the unspecified scenario as unisex then fine, my point being, a manufacture of jeans could make them however they wanted and market them to either sex. The cut doesn't constitute crossdressing, it's a matter of the marketing you seem hung up on. It's funny because I own a pair of guys jeans with a rise lower than 8.5". What does that say for them?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinmyjeans View Post
Just dont call anyone a homophobe because we think wearing womens clothes is cross dressing.

 

Again, that is entirely out of context. As you've instructed me, "please go back and read my posts carefully".

post #24 of 25

It definitely was not out of context. See the exact transcription(you typed) below. That is the FULL context of your statement. You said he has a homophobic paranoia. That literally means he has an irrational fear of (paranoia),  and hate for, gay people(homophobic). You said it plain as day.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeacat View Post

 

So he's allowed to say so and so should "never" do this or that because of a homophobic paranoia he has, and I can't say that's silly or that it's his problem? Or point out an obvious contradictory statement? It's a respectful dissection, not a trashing.

 

You know what? I don't buy it. Please don't troll me for the sake of a burn.



 

post #25 of 25

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsinmyjeans View Post

It definitely was not out of context. See the exact transcription(you typed) below. That is the FULL context of your statement. You said he has a homophobic paranoia. That literally means he has an irrational fear of (paranoia),  and hate for, gay people(homophobic). You said it plain as day. 

 

 

 

"Homophobia is a term used to refer to a range of negative attitudes and feelings towards lesbian, gay and in some cases bisexual, and transgender people and behavior." - Wikipedia.

 

"Homoerotophobia" is a largely unfamiliar term, but in this case I could've used it.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by likeacat View Post

He explained his reasoning for why men should never wear women's jeans as being for his fear of accidentally checking out a guy's backside, that's a fear and a quite irrational, one might say paranoid fear, and a fear of homo-eroticism indeed.

 

 I was quite clear elaborating on what Rizzy stated to make my case, never stated anything about his position towards any people, but you've stuck with that notion the whole way, I suppose it makes it easier to write me off if you can characterize me as an ignorant fool by chalking it all up to "calling people homophobes because they think it's cross-dressing", both an unfair characterization and yes out of context. I know what I said, at any rate.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Are Women's Clothing Not Just for Women Anymore?