or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Ass shots galore!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ass shots galore!!! - Page 3  

post #51 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tour90
true, I did make a mistake of saying "emo"

my bad
LOL

As for the emo comment... well... stereotypes and genelizations do have some truth to them. the whole tapered jeans with a tight argyle sweater and converse does kind of scream teenage angst and emo. i'm sure that's not always the case, but yea... i don't see anyone out of high school/early college dressing like that. but to each his own...
well, just because i wear tapered jeans doesnt make me emo. do you even know what emo means, or is it just some term you've heard used in a derogatory manner, and decided to just throw it out there for no damn reason? because you really shouldnt, unless you have some perverse need to look foolish.

i mean, just because you wear sevens, doesnt mean im going to automatically assume that you're some moronic, fashion sheep cunt.

ps, i dont fucking wear argyle. i dont know where you got that from.
post #52 of 425
There are some similarities to the way you dress and the stereotypical 'emo' thing, but who cares.
But I had to point out that though you say you dislike people who generalize, you did exactly that to JillianS with the Juicy/Seven comment
post #53 of 425
ouch
post #54 of 425
heck, I like those diesels that were posted above, they're hot but you'd have a hard time dressing them up.
I'm still not sure why the kind of jeans you wear classifies the kind of person you are. If someone could clarify that..? Hell, call me crazy, I just wear what makes my ass look good and don't wear what makes my ass look like shit.
post #55 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
But I had to point out that though you say you dislike people who generalize, you did exactly that to JillianS with the Juicy/Seven comment
i dont think you understood what i did at all. i just think its just really funny that people on here are into the most bland, boring, typical styles, but then i realized, its because they themselves wear the most bland, boring, typical shit.

i swear, most of the guys here dress like ultra stylish frat boys, and the fact that she wears sevens/juicy really just proved a point to me.

not to say anything about her as a person, ive read her write some funny shit. its just that it wasnt really surprising that she was into guys that dressed a certain way; and that is all.
post #56 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchy
the whole tapered jeans with a tight argyle sweater and converse does kind of scream teenage angst and emo.
when the hell did argyle become "emo"?
post #57 of 425
ah heck, no need to defend me, I wasn't insulted at all. I knew what he was getting at (my taste in guys' style, reflective of my own). It's cool, everyone likes different shit. Just because I don't like a certain style for myself doesn't mean I don't respect what others are wearing and doens't mean I don't respect their opinions.Besides, I don't need csirip to think I'm hot, I think that's been a lost cause ever since I was born without a dick
post #58 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by csirip
i dont think you understood what i did at all. i just think its just really funny that people on here are into the most bland, boring, typical styles, but then i realized, its because they themselves wear the most bland, boring, typical shit.
I'm sorry, was that a little dig at me? As you once so called my style as 'frat boy chic'? I have an idea of what a frat boy is and let me tell you I certainly do not fall under that category, dress sense wise or lifestyle. Don't categorize me just because I don't fall into your sense of the word 'fashion'.

And if I am bland, boring, typical... whatever. To be honest, I don't really care for your style either, but that is just MO. Sometimes, just think before you post.
post #59 of 425
Frat boys rule
post #60 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianS
ah heck, no need to defend me, I wasn't insulted at all. I knew what he was getting at (my taste in guys' style, reflective of my own). It's cool, everyone likes different shit. Just because I don't like a certain style for myself doesn't mean I don't respect what others are wearing and doens't mean I don't respect their opinions.Besides, I don't need csirip to think I'm hot, I think that's been a lost cause ever since I was born without a dick
HAHAHA.

you're awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk_shows_on_mute
I'm sorry, was that a little dig at me? As you once so called my style as 'frat boy chic'? I have an idea of what a frat boy is and let me tell you I certainly do not fall under that category, dress sense wise or lifestyle. Don't categorize me just because I don't fall into your sense of the word 'fashion'.

And if I am bland, boring, typical... whatever. To be honest, I don't really care for your style either, but that is just MO. Sometimes, just think before you post.
i wasnt taking a "jab" at you. seriously, its fine. wear what you want, and ill wear what i want.

just dont fucking call me emo. EVER
post #61 of 425
EMO EMO EMO EMO EMO

jk
post #62 of 425
what does emo mean??
post #63 of 425
Oh, and I too dig the first pair! They look hot on you cebseb! The others, not so much...too light on the bum.
post #64 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejumpmore1
what does emo mean??
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

hehe.
post #65 of 425
i think pinchy and I were just making a comparison to the jeans the the term "emo". I did say "if you like the emo look" and I take full responsibility.
post #66 of 425
Quote:
"Emo" is not short for "Emotional." "Emo" does not mean Taking Back Sunday and Dashboard Confessional, despite what MTV has lead you to believe in the last few years. "Emo" is not sidebangs, tight pants, and male vocalists who sing like little girls about their failed relationships. "Emo" is not the use of diluted, meaningless metaphors and similes such as "My arms are like pinecones," and most definitely is not the rampant use of words such as "autumn," "heart," "knife," "bleeding," "leaves," and "razorblade."

I just thought I'd clear that up after all of these "definitions" in which I have encountered an unbelievable amount of people who try to pass off their blatantly false pretenses as fact, and are slowly infecting others with their high-horse, holier-than-thou bullshit. Because honestly, with your ridiculous definitions, Beethoven, George Gershwin, and Britney Spears are/was "emo bands."

Now, onto the real definition.

In the early 90s there was a movement in the hardcore genre that came to be known as "Emotive Hardcore," spearheaded by Rites Of Spring. Harder-core-than-thou kids, who swore by Dischord Records a la Minor Threat, actually coined the term "Emo" as something of a put-down for the kids who really liked Rites Of Spring, Indian Summer and this new wave of "Emotive" Hardcore bands. That's right, "Emo" was once not something kids called themselves. The field exploded outwards from there - Level-Plane Records has always been the most famous Emo label. Acts like Yaphet Kotto, I Hate Myself, Saetia, Hot Cross, A Day In Black And White, Funeral Diner, I Would Set Myself On Fire For You, You And I, and hosts of others came in the next decade. Most emo bands have since broken up, but there's still the occasional hold-out (again, the majority of Level-Plane Records' roster has been a procession of emo acts). Like most DIY hardcore/punk of the time, a majority found its way onto vinyl and not much else. Some people consider bands like Fugazi, and later Sunny Day Real Estate, a progression of emo, but personally, I don't quite follow that philosophy.

Often, more recently, this gets intertwined with post-hardcore, and understandably so - that's nothing to make an issue of, since well shit, at least it's close.

Since the late 90s, though, bands have been emerging in the vein of Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional, and the thousands of their clones. As far as I can tell, some lazy journalist somewhere, writing an article about them, decided "Well, fuck, no one knows what emo is anyways, so I'll call these bands "emo" - sounds more appealing than bubblegum pop rock..." and the spiral continued downwards into the current amalgomation of bands MTV has told everyone is "emo."

Somehow, people decided that "emo" meant "emotional," which is obviously bullshit, as 99% of bands make music to illicit emotion, which would make "emotional" a completely all-encompassing genre from classical to opera to pop to rap.


Hope that helps.Taking Back Sunday, Senses Fail, and My Chemical Romance falls under the "horrible pop rock" genre, not the emo genre.

Rites of Spring is emo.
or

Quote:
Emu spelled incorrectly."That emo sure is fast!"
post #67 of 425
I love how half the threads descend into insults until they are locked.
post #68 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman
I love how half the threads descend into insults until they are locked.
I do too
post #69 of 425
i found this hilarious.

http://otakubooty.bootyproject.org/s...d_article=4844

yeah, emo used to mean something different, but so did the word "cool."
post #70 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchy
i found this hilarious.

http://otakubooty.bootyproject.org/s...d_article=4844

yeah, emo used to mean something different, but so did the word "cool."
I guess because people are ignorant.
post #71 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn_your_head
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinchy
i found this hilarious.

http://otakubooty.bootyproject.org/s...d_article=4844

yeah, emo used to mean something different, but so did the word "cool."
I guess because people are ignorant.
how so?
post #72 of 425
Specifically speaking about the term emo. It's not a fashion statement.
post #73 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by turn_your_head
Specifically speaking about the term emo. It's not a fashion statement.
well, i think what the slang version of emo refers to nowadays is the whole lifestyle. but who tdo i know?
post #74 of 425
Umm, who cares? When I was 19 and 20 I thought all things cool had to be vintage I refused to wear anything new and thought the Gap was evil and boring and wouldn't be cought dead in one, although my first job at 15 was at the Gap. My hair was black and I lived in dowtown San Francisco. Now at 34 I am blonde and live in a small town and wear Sevens and like the Gap just fine. My point is I am still the same person just older, and sometimes we do change as people and go through different phases. I don't think the guys on here look like frat boys and although Csirip is great, his opinion is not the only one that matters and there are lots of cool styles on this forum- men and women. We don't all have to be the same!!
post #75 of 425
haha the voice of reason. Twyla, your awesome, though I also love the woman who called 70541577 a 'dickweed'!

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but Diesel jeans can be made to look very smart.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
This thread is locked  
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Ass shots galore!!!