or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Diesel jeans for your body shape. What fits you best?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diesel jeans for your body shape. What fits you best?

post #1 of 43
Thread Starter 

e.g paddom - better for taller guys because of the low pockets shortening the leg length at the back

 

Krooley -  a nice alternative for men with slightly bigger thighs that find thanaz a squeeze

 

Zatiny - Good for skinny guys that need balancing out, yet dont like a wide leg in a bootcut

 

Have any of you been blessed with a better looking ass/legs thanks to diesel? What jeans do what?

 

"We make legs look good"

Peace. 

post #2 of 43

I have Zathan, Viker, Larkee and Safado. I'm quite slim.. but they all have their good points. I'd say Zathan fits my waist the best, though.

post #3 of 43
Thread Starter 

I think Viker and Larkee are great all rounders for all body shapes and such best sellers! 

 

My friend has big butt and loves skinnys so goes for Krooley.

post #4 of 43

he loves skinny and goes for Krooley, which are carrot / tappered cut?

post #5 of 43

^lol, I was just gonna say (as a girl who told my size-36 bf that I'd dump him if he ever wore skinnies)

 

They shouldn't even make skinnies available in sizes, say, 31+ (I'd argue, for either sex, as an ex-size-34 woman myself)

post #6 of 43
Thread Starter 

YES I KNOW that krooley are tapered not skinny!!!! big butt and thighs that cannot fit into safado and thanaz.

Krooley is his alternative to tight skinnys because they taper down from the calf. 

 

post #7 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopaholism View Post

^lol, I was just gonna say (as a girl who told my size-36 bf that I'd dump him if he ever wore skinnies)

 

They shouldn't even make skinnies available in sizes, say, 31+ (I'd argue, for either sex, as an ex-size-34 woman myself)



My best friend is a 32" waist and looks better than me in skinnys. Im a 27.

 

How can you say skinnys shouldnt be made for bigger sizes.... shame on you people should be allowed to wear what they want.

 

Plus some people have big hips that doesnt make them too big to wear skinnys. Pah!

post #8 of 43

^I have big hips, and believe me, skinnies are far from ideal for us. I'm willing to admit that, and I dress for my shape, not for the trends. The skinniest I'll go is the 7FAM old school Hefner (which is a hair more tapered than the sig straight)--and that usually stuffed into big boots. I also stay away from very low rises, which work best on those with short torsos (which I definitely do not have) and those who are just petite all over. (Learned the hard way that higher rise/wideleg pairs tend not to sell in sizes below 29. You need quite a bit of height in the torso to work those cuts, and obviously, the average height will go down with average waist size.) My expertise in matching specific figure types to ideal cuts of jeans is what has hooked many of my best customers, many of whom have never worn premium denim before ;)

post #9 of 43

although i have not tried on all the cuts, i have to say for now really all im buying is zatiny and viker. i hate skinny jeans! and carrot seems to me a hybrid of skinny jeans. just not my style.  i have to say i think vikers are the most flattering. i have never had a pair of jeans make my ass look so good.  it was so funny cause i bought my first pair of vikers this summer and got in an argument w/ my b/f "you spent how much on those? you shouldnt have!" anyway the first day i wore them i walked into a meeting and someone announced to the whole group about how i have the most gorgeous backside. i went home and told my b/f "see, i got this compliment, they were worth it!" lol. zatinys are more of a neutral jean for me. more comfy then vikers but not quite as flattering ;) i wish diesel would cut back on the skinny/carrot cuts.  it seams like most off their jeans are skinnys now...

post #10 of 43

I'm an athletic build and a bootcut guy. Zathan and Zaf are my staples. I have a pair of Zatiny on the way to see how they suit me. 

 

I've noticed the rise of the skinny jean, but they're not for me. To each his own.

post #11 of 43

Yeah, I think Zathans and Zatinys seem to flatter most guys--too bad my bf is a dork about the button fly and won't wear Diesels for that reason. I made him try on a pair of Koffhas once (resale shop happened to have some in his size) just to show him how good they'd look.

post #12 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopaholism View Post

^I have big hips, and believe me, skinnies are far from ideal for us. I'm willing to admit that, and I dress for my shape, not for the trends. The skinniest I'll go is the 7FAM old school Hefner (which is a hair more tapered than the sig straight)--and that usually stuffed into big boots. I also stay away from very low rises, which work best on those with short torsos (which I definitely do not have) and those who are just petite all over. (Learned the hard way that higher rise/wideleg pairs tend not to sell in sizes below 29. You need quite a bit of height in the torso to work those cuts, and obviously, the average height will go down with average waist size.) My expertise in matching specific figure types to ideal cuts of jeans is what has hooked many of my best customers, many of whom have never worn premium denim before ;)

That is a lovely tale.

 

But I am merely saying that size is just a number hence why I thought your previous comment about over 31" waists not being allowed to wear skinnys was ridiculous. A woman can have big hips and slim legs and look great in skinny jeans. I sell too you know, to that type of customer all the time. Just because someone is a 31" or over does not mean they are fat!

 

And yeah fair enough skinnys aren't for everyone, and yes people that are bigger don't usually go for them as much. But that was why I started this thread, to see what alternatives people had found to things like this.

 

 

 

 

post #13 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeradical82 View Post

although i have not tried on all the cuts, i have to say for now really all im buying is zatiny and viker. i hate skinny jeans! and carrot seems to me a hybrid of skinny jeans. just not my style.  i have to say i think vikers are the most flattering. i have never had a pair of jeans make my ass look so good.  it was so funny cause i bought my first pair of vikers this summer and got in an argument w/ my b/f "you spent how much on those? you shouldnt have!" anyway the first day i wore them i walked into a meeting and someone announced to the whole group about how i have the most gorgeous backside. i went home and told my b/f "see, i got this compliment, they were worth it!" lol. zatinys are more of a neutral jean for me. more comfy then vikers but not quite as flattering ;) i wish diesel would cut back on the skinny/carrot cuts.  it seams like most off their jeans are skinnys now...



Definitely agree with you on noticing that Diesel have majorly opted for skinnier styles recently!

Viker is such a lovely all round fit I think for every body shape unless you have quite muscly thighs.... then I think Larkee or Revick is more flattering.

Congrats on the butt compliment haha. 

 

I love it when jeans give you butt confidence....

 

post #14 of 43

New to denimblog here.  Recently got a pair of COH for Christmas and now I am looking into a pair of diesel jeans.  What mens diesels are best for a guy with fairly large thighs and a big butt.  I am not overly fat but I have a large bubble butt and my thighs are fairly large.  From you guys experience, what cut of diesels would be best for me?

post #15 of 43

I wear Zathan for my bootcut and Viker for my straight leg, I also have a pair of Ruky's I like but I'm not to into flap pockets. I'm a stocky guy with wide hips, the bootcut in zathan helps balance me out. I'm 5'11'' and fluctuate from 200-215lbs wish I could do thanaz like most of the guys on the forum but its just not for my body type, I workout 5 days a week and doubt i'll ever be under 180

post #16 of 43

^spam spam spam spam

 

Perhaps there are a very few people who have "wide" hips in absolute terms and might still look ok in skinnies because, compared to the rest of their bodies, their hips are still narrow. I have a friend who's 5'4 and a 30 (granted, it's also pretty widely accepted that skinnies are ideal for petite people; on tall people they will start to emphasize the leg too much) but because she's all shoulders with narrower hips, skinnies balance her out. Curvy girls like me on the other hand--ok, I have the exact same measurements as Kim Kardashian (at least, as some tabloid posted them)--and I'm four inches taller--and I don't think anyone can tell me with a straight face that she doesn't look like an oompa loompa in skinnies, because she does, and so do I.

 

Or perhaps you're thinking of a size 31 in Diesel terms? If so, that's probably a 29 in every other brand--I've noticed that most women's Diesels run teeny tiny and that they really only suit the beanpole body types (certainly not mine), with the exception of one pair of Lowkys I've measured out. I suppose if you want to fit every body type into every cut of jeans, you guys might want to start making curvier cuts ;) Meanwhile, I stick with my 7FAM, TR and select old-school cuts of R&R--I'm not forcing myself to fit into cuts and brands of jeans that don't flatter my shape, and no one should be trying to do that; it'll just make you feel fat.

post #17 of 43

No one interested in a Thanaz 73j in size 30x34??

post #18 of 43


no one gives a shit. shut it already
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quettingen View Post

No one interested in a Thanaz 73j in size 30x34??

post #19 of 43

Fuck you man I did not ask for your opinion.

post #20 of 43

^You shouldn't be selling items outside the Classifieds section. I would suggest that you (quietly) proceed there and post your sales thread :)

post #21 of 43

Everyone is selling outside the Classifieds section!!!

Look on member dequinha.

post #22 of 43


u dont have to ask for me to give it. no one gives a fuck about your shit and it's annoying as hell see numerous threads bumped by you trying to make a buck. get a real job u douche!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quettingen View Post

Fuck you man I did not ask for your opinion.

post #23 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shopaholism View Post

^spam spam spam spam

 

Perhaps there are a very few people who have "wide" hips in absolute terms and might still look ok in skinnies because, compared to the rest of their bodies, their hips are still narrow. I have a friend who's 5'4 and a 30 (granted, it's also pretty widely accepted that skinnies are ideal for petite people; on tall people they will start to emphasize the leg too much) but because she's all shoulders with narrower hips, skinnies balance her out. Curvy girls like me on the other hand--ok, I have the exact same measurements as Kim Kardashian (at least, as some tabloid posted them)--and I'm four inches taller--and I don't think anyone can tell me with a straight face that she doesn't look like an oompa loompa in skinnies, because she does, and so do I.

 

Or perhaps you're thinking of a size 31 in Diesel terms? If so, that's probably a 29 in every other brand--I've noticed that most women's Diesels run teeny tiny and that they really only suit the beanpole body types (certainly not mine), with the exception of one pair of Lowkys I've measured out. I suppose if you want to fit every body type into every cut of jeans, you guys might want to start making curvier cuts ;) Meanwhile, I stick with my 7FAM, TR and select old-school cuts of R&R--I'm not forcing myself to fit into cuts and brands of jeans that don't flatter my shape, and no one should be trying to do that; it'll just make you feel fat.

 

Well Lowkys are a great alternative to skinnys in my opinion too. I have many as it's actually my second favourite fit by diesel, but I thought you said you stayed away from low rise jeans? Lowky is pretty much the lowest of the low, hence the name. But then that is my point, you said you cannot wear low cut jeans but you have lowkys - every body shape can work any jean if its the right cut. 

 

 

And if you have a body like Kim Kardashians you should be  v.proud. 

 

Peace x
 

post #24 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenimBearCub View Post

I wear Zathan for my bootcut and Viker for my straight leg, I also have a pair of Ruky's I like but I'm not to into flap pockets. I'm a stocky guy with wide hips, the bootcut in zathan helps balance me out. I'm 5'11'' and fluctuate from 200-215lbs wish I could do thanaz like most of the guys on the forum but its just not for my body type, I workout 5 days a week and doubt i'll ever be under 180

 

That's awesome I love Viker, especially R BOX. What kind of wash do you prefer dark or light?

Peace

post #25 of 43

Having purchased 30+ pairs of Diesels in pretty much all the new cuts out there (other than relaxed and flared), I must say that Zathans and Zatinys are still my favorite icon_smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Diesel jeans for your body shape. What fits you best?