or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › i know nothing about top 40 dance music, aka I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

i know nothing about top 40 dance music, aka I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP

post #1 of 46
Thread Starter 
i've been asked to make a dj mix for a wedding, and they made the following requests. based on this list, what other 10 songs need to be thrown in there? i'll be posting a download link of the mix in a day or so for feedback on how to make it better.

Tik Tok (Ke$ha)
Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Blah Blah bLah (Ke$ha featuring 3OH!3)
Rock Your Body (Justin Timberlake)
Beat It (Michael Jackson)
Sugar (Flo-Rida feat. Wynter)
Just Dance (Lady Gaga)Beautiful (Akon)
Dangerous (Akon feat. Kardinal Offishall)
Crazy In Love (Beyonce Knowles feat. Jay-Z)
I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas)
If You Seek Amy (Britney Spears)
Forever (Chris Brown)
American Boy(Estelle feat Kanye West)
Evacuate (Cascada)
Glamorous (Fergie)
Right Round (Flo Rida feat Katy Perry)
Get Low (Flor Rida feat. T-Pain)
Hollaback Girl (Gwen Stefani)
Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean)
Sexy Back (Justin Timberlake)
Hot N Cold (Kate Perry)
Good Life (Kanye West feat. T-Pain)
Let It Rock (Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil' Wayne)
Welcome to the World (Kevin Rudolf feat. Rick Ross)
Lose Control (Missy Elliot feat. Ciara & Fatman Scoop)
Hot in Here (Nelly, clean version)
Promiscuous Girl (Nelly Furtado feat. Timbaland)
Loosen Up My Buttons (Pussycat Dolls feat. Snoop Dogg)
Disturbia (Rihanna)
This Is How We Do It (Montell Jordan)
California Gurls (Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg)
Las Vegas (Katy Perry)
post #2 of 46
Thread Starter 
does anyone know of a website that has a reliable database of songs with their musical keys? google gives me different answers.
post #3 of 46
and you make fun of my musical tastes with ATB and van buuren and all

look at that list, it's complete garbage

I don't care how much $$$ they pay you have some fucking respect for yourself.
post #4 of 46
Thread Starter 
i'm the fucking groomsman, you asshat. what do you want me to say?

"um, sorry bro, but your musical taste is almost as bad as that guy casio, so you'll have to find another dj almost as talented as me."

plus, your comment shows how ignorant you are of djing. djing is about the MIX, not the MUSIC. no wonder no talent assclowns like tiesto and oakenfold always get voted as the number 1 dj only because they play trance.

regardless of how much i hate the music, i'm going to have fun figuring out the best way to mix this. and if you have ever heard of any good mixing, you would know that a good mix can easily make 2 songs sound soooo much better.
post #5 of 46
no, you can never make britney spears or fuckin katy perry sound better

your friend is a douche and his wedding is going to be pathetic with a soundtrack like that
post #6 of 46
and tiesto and oakenfold have talent, they are pioneers

you can't be in the scene for 20+ years without having acquired skill and talent

even if they are over rated and commercial sellouts, they were once great djs/producers.
post #7 of 46
"um, sorry bro, but your musical taste is almost as bad as that guy casio, so you'll have to find another dj almost as talented as me."

i can't breatheeeeeeeeeeeee

almost as bad as casio?

I'm starting to wonder about you if you think "t-pain" and "fergie" is better than Schiller, Delerium, PvD, BT, et al.

yeah.. "beat it" is a nice touch.. a cherry on a diarrhea sundae lololol
post #8 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
no, you can never make britney spears or fuckin katy perry sound better

your friend is a douche and his wedding is going to be pathetic with a soundtrack like that
casio, time to face reality and realize that underground does NOT fly at a wedding. why do you think i choose not to be a wedding dj when most make WAYYYY more money than most club djs? this is the not the right place and time to play the music YOU like; you have to play the music THEY like. good thing you're not a dj, because you obviously have zero crowd reading ability.
post #9 of 46
yeah its a good thing i'm not a dj because i would rig the club with bombs and set them off if they boo'ed me
post #10 of 46
is this guy white/asian/black/latin?

i seriously feel sorry for the bride that has to listen to wyclef jean at her wedding.. i mean all little girls dream of a wedding where they can bust a nut to kid kudi or snoop dog
post #11 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
and tiesto and oakenfold have talent, they are pioneers

you can't be in the scene for 20+ years without having acquired skill and talent

even if they are over rated and commercial sellouts, they were once great djs/producers.
i'm not going to go into an argument about producing, but let's say they were once great producers. producing is NOTHING LIKE djing. this just furthers goes to show your ignorance. the scene is overrun with ignorant people like you who think that djing and producing are the same thing.

"oh, i like that one catchy song by paul oakenfold so i'm gonna vote him to be my number dj."

that's like voting for lady gaga to be your number 1 dj because you like "poker face."

"but lady gaga didn't produce 'poker face.'"

no, the analogy still fits because just like redone produced "poker face," steve osborne produced "not over yet," but lady gaga and paul oakenfold are just much more marketable names.
post #12 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
"um, sorry bro, but your musical taste is almost as bad as that guy casio, so you'll have to find another dj almost as talented as me."

i can't breatheeeeeeeeeeeee

almost as bad as casio?

I'm starting to wonder about you if you think "t-pain" and "fergie" is better than Schiller, Delerium, PvD, BT, et al.

yeah.. "beat it" is a nice touch.. a cherry on a diarrhea sundae lololol
the producers behind lady gaga and britney spearsare definitely more talented than atb and ayla. just because atb and ayla are "underground" doesn't mean they are "better." the whole underground vs. mainstream thing is so ridiculous.
post #13 of 46
lol atb is a producer and a top 10 dj

it's obvious they go hand in hand. you can't be a worthwhile dj if you can't produce and vice versa

common sense nav!
post #14 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by the c in rap is silent_ View Post
the producers behind lady gaga and britney spearsare definitely more talented than atb and ayla. just because atb and ayla are "underground" doesn't mean they are "better." the whole underground vs. mainstream thing is so ridiculous.
doubt it, the producers behind gaga are a bunch of fuckin fullsail grads who get paid $100 grand a year. They are inexperienced, they work in teams, and their music is anything but catchy.

david guetta is a producer, a fag and a top dj, I haven't heard anything from him that comes close to ayla. nobody can touch ze germans in the electronic scene.
post #15 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
lol atb is a producer and a top 10 dj

it's obvious they go hand in hand. you can't be a worthwhile dj if you can't produce and vice versa

common sense nav!
they don't go hand in hand.

the only reason why he's a top 10 dj because all the 12 year olds that listen to his music bust a nut and think djing and producing are the same thing. if you don't understand this, you're worse off than these 12 year olds.

do you even understand what goes on during djing and what goes on in a producer's studio? thought so, stfu about this,ok.
post #16 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
doubt it, the producers behind gaga are a bunch of fuckin fullsail grads who get paid $100 grand a year. They are inexperienced, they work in teams, and their music is anything but catchy.

david guetta is a producer, a fag and a top dj, I haven't heard anything from him that comes close to ayla. nobody can touch ze germans in the electronic scene.
your ignorance is only growing more apparent with each post, casio. the very simple fact that you think electronic music is just trance and house makes you completely ill fit to talk about electronic music. do you even know who trentemoller is? who robag wruhme is? what about richie hawtin? even fucking sasha and john digweed who actually do consistently get voted in the top 10 by that dumb magazine, mixmag? just stfu already,ok.
post #17 of 46
yeah i know all those names what's your point?

as it stands you are trying to justify making a shitty mix for a shitty wedding filled with shitty songs

if you can DJ worth a damn you can be a producer. A DJ mixes shitty lyrics and vocals into good music. so the next LOGICAL step is to mix your own choice of lyrics and vocals and produce your own music.

so explain to me how a great DJ can't automatically be a great producer?
post #18 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
yeah i know all those names what's your point?

as it stands you are trying to justify making a shitty mix for a shitty wedding filled with shitty songs

if you can DJ worth a damn you can be a producer. A DJ mixes shitty lyrics and vocals into good music. so the next LOGICAL step is to mix your own choice of lyrics and vocals and produce your own music.

so explain to me how a great DJ can't automatically be a great producer?
that's not the point of this thread, you dumbfuck. yeah, i know they're shitty songs, but it's not my job to say they suck. it's my job to mix them, so stfu.

a dj doesn't mix lyrics/vocals in the a song. he can, but that's not what 99% of djs do. you obviously know NOTHING about djing, which 99% of americans don't, but what makes you different from 99% of americans is that they don't pretend to know anything about djing and producing.

go google the difference between djing and producing, you fucking dimwit.
post #19 of 46
then post your shitty list on a legit dj forum that you haven't been banned from yet to be "advised" as you're just making yourself look like a tool asking HF for dj'ing advice.

a dj who isn't a producer is the worst kind of scum.. we're talking some tattoo infested gutter trash who takes a bunch of top 40 songs and puts a bunch of stolen samples and beats from FL studio in between each song while pretending to feel out the crowd and change songs in cue like it fucking matters.
post #20 of 46
show me a top DJ who hasn't released an LP.. you won't find one.

what does that tell you, that all great DJs are GREAT producers and all great producers HAVE THE ABILITY to be great DJs.
post #21 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casiotech View Post
then post your shitty list on a legit dj forum that you haven't been banned from yet to be "advised" as you're just making yourself look like a tool asking HF for dj'ing advice.

a dj who isn't a producer is the worst kind of scum.. we're talking some tattoo infested gutter trash who takes a bunch of top 40 songs and puts a bunch of stolen samples and beats from FL studio in between each song while pretending to feel out the crowd and change songs in cue like it fucking matters.
first of all, i don't post on dj forums, because they're overrun with 12 year olds who think they're a dj because they downloaded serato. i only posted briefly on djforums or whatever the hell it was called to sell over $5000 of equipment (which i was able to in the course of a month), then promptly got banned because i posted a picture of a cow killing a dog.

secondly, go re-read the top of the thread. you're the one who's derailing this thread into "djing."

lastly, you're obviously trolling at this point, because not even an idiot like you can still confuse the difference between a dj and a producer. and fl studio has nothing to do with djing.
post #22 of 46
i've seen dj's plug up their macbooks into a set of speakers at a club and play a mix they made in FL studio

are they not legit djs? I mean, they were playing at legit venues.

don't underestimate the power of FL studio 10 or 12 that shit is more powerful than pro tools was 5 years ago
post #23 of 46
Thread Starter 
go learn the difference between a dj and a producer and what they do before posting in here again.
post #24 of 46
i can't be bothered
post #25 of 46
Thread Starter 
okay, i have about 60 songs to choose from, and some of these songs are proving to be difficult to figure out the key.

googling the song title, artist, and the word, "key," is more often than not useless. so who wants $10 paypalled to them for keying these songs? i've been using an online piano (VIRTUAL KEYBOARD - PIANO) and playing keys and chords until it sounds harmonic with the song playing in the background on winamp (or whatever media player you use).

i need this done ASAP in like 4 hours.

PM me if you're interested, and i'll send you the list of songs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › i know nothing about top 40 dance music, aka I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP