or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › CASIOTECH APPRECIATION MEGATHREAD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CASIOTECH APPRECIATION MEGATHREAD

post #1 of 41
Thread Starter 
to infinity and beyond!

Pontiacs for 40% off?? - AnandTech Forums



Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
hahaha "up to" 46% off means the G5's that MSRP for $14,000 will have $6500 off which is a good deal on a shitty car

the G8 which msrp for over $30,000 only have $6,500 off which is not even 25%... and good luck finding one in stock in your area.

I wanted the G8 for $23g but that wasn't happening as I had to buy one with prem packages for $32 - $6500 which was $27,000+ and totally not worth it for a domestic GM car that's going to be inconvenient to service.. so I got a new infiniti G37 for $29g.. saved 20% off MSRP ($36,000). This car is a BEAST and has all the bells and whistles I could dream of.
apparently, he really did pull the trigger on that G37! i keep telling him though that he should have gotten the G35 instead.



Quote:
Originally Posted by brblx
Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
and if you're like me i would hate to take a new car to a bunch of grease monkeys who work on buicks all day to service my G8
there are a lot of hilarious lines from this guy, but this one takes the cake.
it seems that brblx is the only sensible guy in the thread.



Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by brblx
newsflash: old people are picky, and GM mechanics have the resources to work on all GM's. buick mechanics (who are probably also GMC and maybe chevy mechanics) are more than capable of working on your pontiac.
nope i speak from experience when i took my g/f old cavalier to get serviced at a GM mechanic shop and they took about 30 minutes finding the oil filter and another 15 minutes looking for an asian small enough to get his hands in their to take it off as the white guys were all like 300 lbs and their frists couldn't get in there
lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghan54
Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
nope i speak from experience when i took my g/f old cavalier to get serviced at a GM mechanic shop and they took about 30 minutes finding the oil filter and another 15 minutes looking for an asian small enough to get his hands in their to take it off as the white guys were all like 300 lbs and their frists couldn't get in there
Bullshit. Just pure and utter bullshit.
lol couldn't have asked for a better response. although why is this chick hanging around in a car forum? who is she fooling? oh...



Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47
Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
nope i speak from experience when i took my g/f old cavalier to get serviced at a GM mechanic shop and they took about 30 minutes finding the oil filter and another 15 minutes looking for an asian small enough to get his hands in their to take it off as the white guys were all like 300 lbs and their frists couldn't get in there
Why did it take 15 minutes to find an Asian? Weren't you around when they were working on the car?
not bad, even if he went for the obvious



and just when you think it couldn't get any better:
Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
that's what HAPPENED..none of you were there so you DON'T KNOW

the fat ass tubs of lard at the GM dealership couldn't find the oil filter (I asked them why it was taking so long and that's what they said)

then they couldn't reach it with a rag and about 15 minutes later an asian came in there and pulled it right out for them because they were too damn fat. They even said "wong had to get it because i can't reach it haha". Not haha, lose some weight fat ass!

You wanna ask for a ban because i'm telling you this is how incompetent my GM dealership experience was? I"m not saying this can't happen anywhere but it's far less likely to happen at a place like VW where they service VW all day everyday than to take your nice new G8 to a place that never seen one before because they service SUVs all day and has no clue how to service it efficiently.

Certified or not they have to have experience with the make and model before they can do a good job servicing it otherwise you'll run into more problems (like that time my brother took his fucus to midas and he had to return 3 times to fix it because they had no experience working on them... this was back when they first came out) You want them to experiment on your car and bang it around, be my guest... it's not my $30 grand and I'm also very picky about who touches my cars.

and lulz at changing the oil myself.. i have better things to do than waste my time getting dirty to save a few measly bucks.
"wong had to get it because i can't reach it haha" lolololololololololol how does he come up with this kind of stuff? it's like he has nfj co-writing for him.



Quote:
Originally Posted by help me buy a new accord
but i don't have to get dirty
awesome last post. this is the equivalent of dropping the mic at the end of a set and walking off stage. solid ending.
post #2 of 41
Thread Starter 
mihalis, can we please unban casiotech already?
post #3 of 41
"help me buy a new accord" is an omage to a guy called "help me buy new socks" who constantly bragged about how fast his "accord" l4 goes.

I did go through with the deal.. not the original one back on the 15th, the car arrived and had more miles than I was comfortable with and the interior was wheat instead of stone, so I ended up getting one of the Journeys that were there from the beginning but decided to wait until the 28th because everything pointed to the end of the year as the best time to buy. I got to save more money for sure. twas originally quoted $30,250 then $29,900 and on the 28th they gave it to me for $29,000+++ because they said the incentive went up from $2500 to $3500, which i'm sure was $3500 from the beginning but they're trying to make a killing on each car and only "seem" desperate at the absolute end of the year.

but on the 31st another rep emailed me and said $28,635

DOH!

you can read about my initial thoughts here:

G35Driver - View Single Post - should I buy a 2009 or 2010 (with pics of 2010)

now it's time to get my g/f a new car. Either I'll give her the IS250 and she can pay me back in blow jobs or I'll have to get her either a new jetta or altima 2.5..maybe accord v6 if I can find a 2009..

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?YearId=2009&Mileage=30&VehicleC lass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=21&ModelId=14524&Price Type=Private+Party&VehicleId=247953&SelectionHisto ry=247953|32177|33160|0|0|2617492|true&Condition=E xcellent&QuizConditions=

This is also the first time (hopefully not last time) i bought a car that I drove off the lot and still have positive equity. My car is worth $2700 more than I paid for it according to kbb ($6500 off MSRP).. none of that "lose $5g driving it off the lot" like with my IS250 and pretty much every new car everyone i know paid like idiots. That's half the fun of buying a new car..Getting a "steal"
post #4 of 41
Thread Starter 
casio, can you please not overplay your victory? this is a thread where we, not you, brag about casio. now you're making me look like mccain nominating sarah palin.
post #5 of 41
no

if it weren't so cold out (believe it) i would be driving around sobe like a tool and blasting atb the dj5 in my new ride instead of waste time on these lame forums
post #6 of 41
Thread Starter 
you may want to blast atb, but it appears that nfj is responding to this thread by blasting you!

CASIOTECH APPRECIATION MEGATHREAD (Page 1) - The Lounge - jawnz
post #7 of 41
whether you own or get owned it doesn't matter as long as you get views and attention

nothing wrong with self deprecation!
post #8 of 41
Thread Starter 
nfj is a naysayer

and a jealous one at that if i may add!
post #9 of 41
Quote:
i find it both sad and disappointing that i was the first to attack casio, and now the last of his supporters.
ah you know what they say...



















if you can't beat em, join em






















god i always wanted to say that
post #10 of 41
Thread Starter 
you were difficult to understand at first, but slowly won my heart. i believe the tides turned with that pandora's box line.
post #11 of 41
Thread Starter 
casio, good news! our numbers are growing by the minute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfj
i am also 100% in favor of unbanning casio. i would say 110% if that was possible but since it isnt ill just say 100%.
im still trying to load this ananadtech forum or whatever its called but it isnt loading. i think i need casiotechs new laptop with celeron processor that will never be moved in order to connect.
i had to cut out the rest of the quote, unfortunately, because he said some rather embarassing things about me.
post #12 of 41
Thread Starter 
that nfj - he is so aloof and difficult to talk to!
post #13 of 41
Is HF the new Jawnz?
post #14 of 41
Free forum : jawnz 2.0

is the new jawnz
post #15 of 41
when are you going to come back to jawnz?
post #16 of 41
Thread Starter 
as soon as mihalis removes the sand from his vajayjay, otherwise known as his namesake!
post #17 of 41
and listen to andy make another thread about zippers or shoelaces.... i dunno...
post #18 of 41
Thread Starter 
for those of you who haven't registered at jawnz yet, this is what you have been missing out on!

The Zipper Thread (Page 1) - Fashion - jawnz
post #19 of 41
casio, george has joined jenny craig. that's just strange.

Bing Video: E! News Now: Jason Alexander Joins Jenny Craig
post #20 of 41
1st KFC now JC. My how the might have fallen.
post #21 of 41







got a new phone what better use than to take pics of my new car ^^
post #22 of 41
Thread Starter 
beautiful car, but black only looks good on the g35. it's too abrasive of a contrast against the chrome. silver is the best colour for the g37.
post #23 of 41
when you say g35 you probably mean the 2006?

in 2008 they had g35s in the same shape as today except the engine was a 300hp 3.5l instead of a 328hp 3.7 and a noisier interior and lacking some other tweaks and mods

i dont want grey because it's bland and pretty much every "cool" car is doing it so it's kind of played out then again every shade is pretty much overused.

Black is def the best color as long as you can keep the swirlies under control. Even a new car has swirlies when i bought it, my top coat already needs some detailing.

Some car wash w/carnauba wax and microfibre clothes every few days should give it a pristine showroom quality shine.
post #24 of 41
Beautiful, casiotech =)
post #25 of 41
Nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › CASIOTECH APPRECIATION MEGATHREAD