or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Do we really need to wash the dry denim?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do we really need to wash the dry denim?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Hi,

I am just wondering if I need to wash it to get the fade and crease more visible? Can I just wear it forever without washing it? will it come out sweet like the one has been washed? I am asking cuz I have never done it before so I want to know more about it before I decide to do it.. Please someone give me some suggestion or the knowledge about washing the denim.Thank you !!!!

My personal preference is not to wash it...but somehow like to know more about it!!
post #2 of 19
When to wash dry denim is really up to you, usually people recommend wearing your jeans every day for about 6 months straight before washing for the first time, but you can choose to go longer. Some of the coolest fades i've seen are from jeans that were worn a year or more. If you don't want to wash yet and they are starting to stink consider giving them a soak with a little bit of woolite dark. This will help kill the smell without causing a lot of indigo loss.
post #3 of 19
I have spilled many of things on my jeans, including a protein shake and my jeans are still covered in it. I still don't plan on washing them.
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
I have spilled many of things on my jeans, including a protein shake and my jeans are still covered in it. I still don't plan on washing them.
gross, post pics
post #5 of 19
For the most part now, it is gone. I got caught in a pretty bad rain storm, so got rid of it, but no fading occured which I was surprised about.
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
yeah..thx everybody!!! I have 6 dry denims...and I switch to one another for each day...I think i might need a decade to work on those...ha.
post #7 of 19
Why would anyone need 6 raw denim jeans? Seems somewhat paradox to me ...
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Troy242 View Post
Why would anyone need 6 raw denim jeans? Seems somewhat paradox to me ...
I dont think that word means what you think it means..

but yes, its indeed pretty stupid to have 6 pairs of raws.. especially if more than 2 of them are in rotation..
post #9 of 19
I might've meant paradoxical, don't use that word too often. Figured it means what it means, but whatever, I was just looking to avoid "stupid".
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
why it is stupid ?? lots of my friends even have more pairs than I do

they have been wearing raw jeans for over 10 years..and we like to try different cut and brand to compare which one can fade the best...

if you think it is stupid then you probably would offend lots ppl here by your words..
don't be so judgemental..cuz it just show how ignorant you are..
post #11 of 19
Maybe if you had 6 peices of raw, but 4 of them were retired, then that would be alright. But nobody here has a 6 raw rotation. Also, if your friends have been wearing it for 10 years, why are you coming on here asking us if you need to wash them? I smell frauding in your statement.
post #12 of 19
Thread Starter 
CUZ I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT AND THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME TO JOIN THE FORUM...WHY I GOT TO EXPLAIN MY PERSONAL LIFE HERE?

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION, WHEN YOU GO TO CLASS, WHY YOU NEED A TUTOR AFTER YOU GO HOME?

YOU ALREADY BE ENLIGHTENED AND WHY YOU STILL NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH YOU ?

ASKING PEOPLE IS WHAT WE BASICALLY LEARN FROM, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BACKGROUND.

SO PEOPLE WHO HAS BEEN WATCHING NBA FOR OVER 10 YEARS SHOULDN'T JOIN IN ANY BASKETBALL FROUM AND COMMINUCATE WITH PEOPLE? YOU WILL SMELL SHIT IF HE ASK HOW KOBE FADE AWAY ? DMAN THIS IS RIDICULOUS...!!!
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL22 View Post
CUZ I HAVE NEVER DONE THAT AND THIS WAS MY FIRST TIME TO JOIN THE FORUM...WHY I GOT TO EXPLAIN MY PERSONAL LIFE HERE?

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION, WHEN YOU GO TO CLASS, WHY YOU NEED A TUTOR AFTER YOU GO HOME?

YOU ALREADY BE ENLIGHTENED AND WHY YOU STILL NEED SOMEONE TO TEACH YOU ?

ASKING PEOPLE IS WHAT WE BASICALLY LEARN FROM, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR BACKGROUND.

SO PEOPLE WHO HAS BEEN WATCHING NBA FOR OVER 10 YEARS SHOULDN'T JOIN IN ANY BASKETBALL FROUM AND COMMINUCATE WITH PEOPLE? YOU WILL SMELL SHIT IF HE ASK HOW KOBE FADE AWAY ? DMAN THIS IS RIDICULOUS...!!!
If your friends have ten years of experience than they'd be better then us by a lot and your example with the basketball thing is totally bogus. Plus your question was extremely idiotic (if you searched it there would be copious amounts of information that could answer your question)
post #14 of 19
Kay guys, holy fuck, cmon. I've had over 8 pairs of raw denim in rotation, more probably. Why not? Their jeans damnit. Wear what you want.
post #15 of 19
Oh sorry I didn't finish my train of thought:

It is customary with raw denim to wear as long as possible without washing, but for obvious hygienic reasons washing isn't a bad idea, in fact it is probably a damn good idea after sometime. If you're going for contrast and a worn look, a year is plenty. That said, you can achieve more or less the same look washing in shorter spans. Really, whenever your jeans feel gross to you (or those around you) just wash them, they're only jeans after all. And, it also does the denim material good, the build up of sweat piss and whateverhellelse weakens the material.
post #16 of 19
Thread Starter 
first, my friends who has 10 year experience was introduced to me by my girl friend recently, and we only had chance to meet a couple of times. He is the reason why I started gettting into raw denim and come up this forum to ask question. People have lots thing to deal with(work, school....etc) plus, we just know each other for like 2 months and meet a couple of times. DO YOU THINK IT IS PROPER TO KEEP ASKING QUESTION TO SOMEONE WHO YOU JUST KNEW? come on..i mean in real life, if you know someone who is very busy with work, would you keep brothering him with asking question that sounds STUPID(as what you guys think) to him?

Second, having 6 pair of raw denim is nothing worng..to each his own!
Why can't people have 6 raw denim or even more? how many in rotation is not a big deal. As long as we know what we are doing and we are satisfied with them..nobody can judge you . If having 6 pairs of raw denim is stupid, I guess lots raw denim collectors are idoit to you!

I will never come up this formu again cuz this is a place for THAT KIND OF PEOPLE , I guess...which is smart and don't have more than 2 raw denim in rotation. Thank ppl here who was helpful and answered my questions.
post #17 of 19
^this place is place for a lot of different people
some smart, some others not
but it's a NICE place
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL22 View Post
first, my friends who has 10 year experience was introduced to me by my girl friend recently, and we only had chance to meet a couple of times. He is the reason why I started gettting into raw denim and come up this forum to ask question. People have lots thing to deal with(work, school....etc) plus, we just know each other for like 2 months and meet a couple of times. DO YOU THINK IT IS PROPER TO KEEP ASKING QUESTION TO SOMEONE WHO YOU JUST KNEW? come on..i mean in real life, if you know someone who is very busy with work, would you keep brothering him with asking question that sounds STUPID(as what you guys think) to him?

Second, having 6 pair of raw denim is nothing worng..to each his own!
Why can't people have 6 raw denim or even more? how many in rotation is not a big deal. As long as we know what we are doing and we are satisfied with them..nobody can judge you . If having 6 pairs of raw denim is stupid, I guess lots raw denim collectors are idoit to you!

I will never come up this formu again cuz this is a place for THAT KIND OF PEOPLE , I guess...which is smart and don't have more than 2 raw denim in rotation. Thank ppl here who was helpful and answered my questions.
shut up
post #19 of 19
^JL22: I dont mean to offend you, but saying you want to experience fading abilities of different brands/cuts, having 6 (more or less new?) pairs in rotation will lead you nowhere. To get some visible results takes around half a year of constant wear (much more than once a week) with most pairs, for some even longer. I think that is what everybody was referring to.

If you want to see fades and evolution, you will have to concentrate on not more than two pairs at the same time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dry Denim
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Dry Denim › Do we really need to wash the dry denim?