or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › More Womens Jeans › Help can someone post their RR hemmed jeans?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help can someone post their RR hemmed jeans?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
please someone post it for me? !!!!
I just had my jeans original hemmed. It doesn't look right.
There's 2 stitching line instead of one line. WTH ! Please someone post it up ! original hemmed please! TIA
ARGH I'm so frustrated!
post #2 of 16
Sorry for the really shallow depth of field, I was in a hurry and shot with the settings my camera was already on




Bigger #1 http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...1/IMG_1523.jpg

Bigger #2 http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39...1/IMG_1525.jpg
post #3 of 16
I'm also assuming that the hems are the same for women and men. I can't really remember....
post #4 of 16
^Damn. Those don't even look hemmed at all.
Whoever did it was pro.
post #5 of 16
lol i think braindead's inseam is the full 34, so they might actually not have been hemmed.
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
argh damn it mine doesn't even look like that ! @@**$*$*@
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerati0n View Post
^Damn. Those don't even look hemmed at all.
Whoever did it was pro.
Those aren't hemmed, they're all just the original inseam length with the original R&R hem. I've only encountered two pairs of R&R that I would have needed to hem. One of them I sold because I didn't like the fit and the other I just left them the way they were. When I first got a pair of Johnny, the inseam was something like 37 inches
post #8 of 16
inseam 37? man, you'd have to be 6'7 or 6'8 for that.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead5400 View Post
Those aren't hemmed, they're all just the original inseam length with the original R&R hem. I've only encountered two pairs of R&R that I would have needed to hem. One of them I sold because I didn't like the fit and the other I just left them the way they were. When I first got a pair of Johnny, the inseam was something like 37 inches
Okay that's what I thought.
My reading comprehension is out the window.
post #10 of 16
Nearly all my jeans need to be hemmed to 32.75" and all done with the original hem. I have a trusted place that I take mine to and even though they charge $24.00, I get the piece of mind its going to get done right.



post #11 of 16
Can you post a pic so we know what exactly you mean? I hem mine myself and there are two lines of stitching- the original hem's stitching, and the top stitching from my hem. As a general rule I use a thread that matches closely the wash of my jeans so it's not noticeable (like you can see in the pictures above my post if you look closely) but some people may not use clear or dark blue thread and that would be a problem.
post #12 of 16
18" All-around, original Hemmed 32" long. $8 for the job.
LL
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&R_NYC View Post
18" All-around, original Hemmed 32" long. $8 for the job.
That's really cheap. Usually hemming with originals costs $20+.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by accelerati0n View Post
That's really cheap. Usually hemming with originals costs $20+.
These were done in Orange County, CA.

2 pair of jeans, different lighting and closeups.
LL
LL
LL
LL
post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysgirl45 View Post
Can you post a pic so we know what exactly you mean? I hem mine myself and there are two lines of stitching- the original hem's stitching, and the top stitching from my hem. As a general rule I use a thread that matches closely the wash of my jeans so it's not noticeable (like you can see in the pictures above my post if you look closely) but some people may not use clear or dark blue thread and that would be a problem.
yea they didn't stitch them probably , I had to go to a different place to get it fixed. They look great now I'm so happy lol .
What they did was 2 lines of stitching, you can totally tell that they stitched over the original hem to attach the - original hem. The worst part was they stitched it with a white thread so obviously you can tell they didn't do it right at all! I will NEVER go back there again!

THANKyou for all your help guys - ladies
post #16 of 16
lol. Generally if I want to try a new tailor, I bright a pair of old crappy jeans to them to see if they do a good job before I bring in the good stuff.

I think that's more worth it than having them mess up a pair for you. Yep I learned from my first mistake, I had a brand new pair still with tags on and with wrinkles and they ironed it out........... Wow?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: More Womens Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Womens Designer Jeans › More Womens Jeans › Help can someone post their RR hemmed jeans?