or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Is there a big difference between Viker and Larkee ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is there a big difference between Viker and Larkee ?

post #1 of 28
Thread Starter 
Hi everybody,

I recently discovered Diesel, 2 months ago, and I totally fell in love with these jeans.
Currently I only have Viker models, I like straight jeans, and as this cut fits me pretty well I wanted to keep wearing this cut.

However there is a problem : the 8st model.
I saw this model recently and I really loved it, but the problem is that model doesn't exist in Viker but it exists in Larkee (I don't want to ear about the Zatiny 8st cause I don't like bootcut).

That is why I would like to know if you could light me up on the difference between Larkee and Viker.
I know that Larkee is looser than Viker but is this difference huge or not ?
Can the Larkee fit could be compared to a Levi's 506 or is looser ? (because I used to wear 506 I'd say that in term of loosiness it is my limit).
Moreover does Larkee size the same as Viker ? (I wear W27 on viker)

Thanks by advance for your help.

Ps : Sorry if my english is not perfect but I'm French
post #2 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimic76 View Post
Hi everybody,

I recently discovered Diesel, 2 months ago, and I totally fell in love with these jeans.
Currently I only have Viker models, I like straight jeans, and as this cut fits me pretty well I wanted to keep wearing this cut.

However there is a problem : the 8st model.
I saw this model recently and I really loved it, but the problem is that model doesn't exist in Viker but it exists in Larkee (I don't want to ear about the Zatiny 8st cause I don't like bootcut).

That is why I would like to know if you could light me up on the difference between Larkee and Viker.
I know that Larkee is looser than Viker but is this difference huge or not ?
Can the Larkee fit could be compared to a Levi's 506 or is looser ? (because I used to wear 506 I'd say that in term of loosiness it is my limit).
Moreover does Larkee size the same as Viker ? (I wear W27 on viker)

Thanks by advance for your help.

Ps : Sorry if my english is not perfect but I'm French


what lol

ok viker is slimmer in thighs than larkee.and in a good size it shows your ass weird.On the other hand sizing,fits and stretching and bleeding is almost different on every wash and cut.also same pairs even can vary.the best thing you can do is post you pic.s and take opinions.after a couple of try , you can look better.
post #3 of 28
larkee is much more relaxed in the thigh area and from experience w/ zatiny 8st, the wash tends to run larger and bc its a lighter denim stretches quite a bit.. most people size down at least one when they buy 8st. best bet, try them on... but theyre not going to be as fitted as viker (my boyfriend wears viker and when he wears his larkees he complains a bit about the loseness)
post #4 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayes789 View Post
larkee is much more relaxed in the thigh area and from experience w/ zatiny 8st, the wash tends to run larger and bc its a lighter denim stretches quite a bit.. most people size down at least one when they buy 8st. best bet, try them on... but theyre not going to be as fitted as viker (my boyfriend wears viker and when he wears his larkees he complains a bit about the loseness)
Thanks for this feedback,

However I cannot size down on the 8st because my size is the smallest size we can find in France.
In addition to this I cannot try them because in my city there is no 8st at my size available (I saw this model in a shop but their smallest size was 30), so I was thinking about ordering them on the diesel online shop.
And just in case do you know if a viker 8st is forecasted ?

Ps to Sandman : Thanks for your answer, however I didn't get your point on the pics part.
post #5 of 28
Larkee is more like Levan... Larkee has bigger pockets and are closer together and are also looser in the thigh and has a wider leg opening.


Viker has a lower rise, spaced back pockets. Viker is more like Farco and is similar to Safado when sized up except for the lower rise.
post #6 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayes789 View Post
larkee is much more relaxed in the thigh area and from experience w/ zatiny 8st, the wash tends to run larger and bc its a lighter denim stretches quite a bit.. most people size down at least one when they buy 8st. best bet, try them on... but theyre not going to be as fitted as viker (my boyfriend wears viker and when he wears his larkees he complains a bit about the loseness)
No way!! I bought zatiny 8st too in 28x32 and it's one of the most tight washes I have in zatiny. But with 72L for example that is really a stretch wash, I have been able to easily size down bu no way I could size down on 8st.
post #7 of 28
I asked pics because some members here really like to wear their jeans unfitted or very loose,so first we should be sure about body type and how you like to break them.Because for example wearing loose skinny jeans usually accepted "normal" by peoples.but it is not.they are skinny and they should be weared skinny right
post #8 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
I asked pics because some members here really like to wear their jeans unfitted or very loose,so first we should be sure about body type and how you like to break them.Because for example wearing loose skinny jeans usually accepted "normal" by peoples.but it is not.they are skinny and they should be weared skinny right
Ok now I understand,
However I don't have any good pics to show you, and I cannot make some cause my clothes are coming out from the washine machine (but I could make some on sunday).
Concerning my body type I could say that I am not skinny (I am 1m75 tall for 66 kilos, so I'm not skinny, but I can say that I am quite thin) and I don't wear my jeans loose, but I don't wear slim jeans either (I'll say that Viker, and 506 are 2 differents cut that fits me well).

Concerning the size of the pockets I'll say that I don't see that as a problem, but does the "ass" fits like viker or is it also looser on this part ?
post #9 of 28
if your are on right size pockets make your ass look like has a two seperate parts (my english is bad,buy you get used to )

ıf you are quite thin I would suggest you try safado.I know yo dont like them but even I was one of those peoples who say safado is a tight for men.First try then decide
post #10 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
if your are on right size pockets make your ass look like has a two seperate parts (my english is bad,buy you get used to )

ıf you are quite thin I would suggest you try safado.I know yo dont like them but even I was one of those peoples who say safado is a tight for men.First try then decide
Ok so next time I see a Safado that I like I'll try it.
However I don't know if Safado is tighter than viker in the tights but if it is the case I'll probably have some difficulty to put it (I was a cyclist before so I have pretty big tights) but I'll try at least once just to see.

Concerning the Larkee 8ST I decided to try to buy it on the online shop (the expedition fees are free actually on the French store, and there was my size with the good lef lenght size, which is 30) and if it doesn't fit well I'll send it back (it seems easy with the diesel sticker system to re-send your product, and it is not so expensive).
So I'll let you know if I liked it or not.
post #11 of 28
Size down one in Larkee to get a similar fit in Viker for ur regular size.
post #12 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddock View Post
No way!! I bought zatiny 8st too in 28x32 and it's one of the most tight washes I have in zatiny. But with 72L for example that is really a stretch wash, I have been able to easily size down bu no way I could size down on 8st.
I can vouch for this. I just tried on zatiny 28 x30 and these mofos are tight as fuck compared to 8at and 8iw. I hope this pair stretches out a size, maybe even two. The inseam also seems to be notably shorter than 8iw. Not a problem for me but it's something to consider for the folks in between sizes.

EDIT: I just reread jhayes post and I think she has it confused with another wash. The 8st is a dark deep blue wash; there's nothing light about it at all.
post #13 of 28
Thread Starter 
I received my Larkee 8st and I have to say that it is a pretty good surprise.
First of all the wash is awesome,
then I'd say that hopefully I took a Larkee because this is the tightest wash I have, even all my vikers (8lh, 73h, 8RQ), are not as tight as this larkee, I hope that it'll stretch a bit because it is very tight (but not as tight as a Viker 8CY for example, that I tried and I was almost unable to move my legs).
A very good surprise is that the rise is also lower than on all my Vikers, and the back pockets are according to me very well situated (not spaced, and a little bit lower than the Vikers) and also the fact that the leg opening is smaller than on all my Vikers.

So this is a good surprise , I really like the wash and the cut, but I am not sure that it represents well the Larkee cuts (cause it is supposed to be larger than Viker, but for the 8st it is not the case, it is supposed to have a Higher rise but it is not the case on this one, a longer leg opening but not the case here).
post #14 of 28
Interesting that you found Larkee to be tighter than some of your Vikers; it may just be that particular wash. The one thing that bothers me about my vikers and larkees is the amount of room in the calves- its a bit too big for a straight leg cut. Try Slammer as it is still roomier in the thigh area, but slimmer in the calves, but not Thanaz slim buy any means or tapered at all
post #15 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnoc View Post
Interesting that you found Larkee to be tighter than some of your Vikers; it may just be that particular wash. The one thing that bothers me about my vikers and larkees is the amount of room in the calves- its a bit too big for a straight leg cut. Try Slammer as it is still roomier in the thigh area, but slimmer in the calves, but not Thanaz slim buy any means or tapered at all
I think that it is this wash, because if we have a look at the photo on asos here : Searching ASOS.com for "larkee"
we can immediately see that the 8st is really tighter than all the others, and I can assure you that the photo of the 8st represents really what it looks like once worn (which is not the case on the diesel online shop, because the guy who is wearing it should probably have a 8st which is 3 size too big).
post #16 of 28
Thread Starter 
So after few wear I can say that this wash doesn't stretch a lot.

However there is one point which is bothering me a little, the crotch is really but really small compared to my vikers.
Is it due to the wash ? Or does the larkee cut as a smaller crotch than viker ? Or is due to the fact that it is a real 30" legs length (and to a 32 transformed in a 30) ?
post #17 of 28
Thread Starter 
I'm just posting here, months later, to say that everybody is wrong between the difference Viker / Larkee.

I bought 2 larkee : the 8SS and the 8ST; both fucking tight in the thighs.
So I clearly came to one conclusion : Larkee is tighter in the thighs than Viker.

But just to be sure I went to a Diesel shop in Paris and I asked one of the seller "what's the difference between Viker and Larkee", and his answer was :
"Larkee is tighter in the waist and in the thighs but looser after the knees" so it clearly confirmed what I was thinking.

At first I thought that I would be ok with the Larkee 8st but this one is so tight in the thighs that I was thinking about selling it, but I loved this wash so much that I tried the Viker 8st in the diesel shop and the conclusion was : So less tighter in the waist and in the thighs than the Larkee. So I bought the viker 8st and I'm going to sell the larkee 8st.

So to conclude larkee it's over for me, and don't listen to what Diesel says : Larkee is thighter in the waist and the thighs than Viker.
post #18 of 28
Based on my personal experience (I have both Larkee and Viker), I can say that compared to Viker, Larkee is tighter in the waist, but NOT in the thighs. Sure, it depends on the owner's body.
post #19 of 28
Maybe it really does depend on the wash. Vikers are a roomier fit for me than the Larkees I tried on.
post #20 of 28
ha! I remember this thread- I have had a couple 8STs ove rthe past few months in different cuts and I was surprised to find I could fit in a 29 Timmen pretty comfortably whereas I usualy wear a 30-32 waist in that cut- it does seem to run big in that wash.

Jorge- welcome to the Honest (Anarchy) Forums. Please post the washes and sizes you have for each cut and we'll see what we can determine from them
post #21 of 28
Hey guys,

I wear a Levan 8BI in a 30 waist (actual is about 16.25" across), will a 30 in Larkee be about the same?

Thanks in advance.
post #22 of 28

I have a pair of Levans in 30, and I had to go down to 29 for the same fit in Larkee.  Though I've had the Levans for a while and they may have stretched a bit.

post #23 of 28


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilks12 View Post

Based on my personal experience (I have both Larkee and Viker), I can say that compared to Viker, Larkee is tighter in the waist, but NOT in the thighs. Sure, it depends on the owner's body.


I agree, I love Larkees because they are really the only jeans that fit my body type...I have thick thighs from playing soccer, but a small waist..32x30 is the perfect fit for me. 

post #24 of 28

hi,

     could you please help me out. I am 32 waist size...so should I go for 32 size Viker jeans. I am confused since the Larkee in 32 size is bit loose for me in the waist but overall fine.

post #25 of 28
I have huge thighs and I prefer viker over safado. Safado just felt a little tighter in the thigh area
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diesel Jeans
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › Mens Designer Jeans  › Diesel Jeans › Is there a big difference between Viker and Larkee ?