or Connect
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Is everyone about done yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is everyone about done yet?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
This whole ordeal brings to mind a quote I once read from Mark Twain which I believe may be appropriate for sharing:

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

Everyone sees a situation from THEIR point of view, which in the end, is what makes it theirs. People need to start realizing this and stop trying to win everyone over.

Personally, I think this whole fuckfest has turned into a massive e-penis gathering, tape measures and all. Everyone is trying to one-up the other, and in the end, they're leep-frogging each other so much, they just wind up where they started.

What it comes down to is this: People, this is Daves world, if you don't like it, get out. Dave, this is your world, if you don't like what goes on out there, stay in here.

As much as I love a good drama, everyone just needs to mind their own business and relax for a while. It's the holiday season, and even if it wasn't, this shit doesn't been to be going on.

And if anyone wants to show off their e-peen, go hire a prostitute.
post #2 of 21
this prolly get moved to drama in a few seconds.
post #3 of 21
^ HaHaHa
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by camhabib View Post

Everyone sees a situation from THEIR point of view, which in the end, is what makes it theirs.
This statement belies a fundamental lack of understanding of the situation
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by camhabib View Post
People, this is Daves world, if you don't like it, get out.
Do you have a blindfold on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by camhabib View Post
Dave, this is your world...
Please don't puff him up anymore..
post #6 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
This statement belies a fundamental lack of understanding of the situation
Excellent argument.
post #7 of 21
i see a forum manager position in your immediate future
post #8 of 21
I don't think camhabib is puffing anyone up.

This is my sophisticated view of the situation.
post #9 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by camhabib View Post
This whole ordeal brings to mind a quote I once read from Mark Twain which I believe may be appropriate for sharing:

"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please."

Everyone sees a situation from THEIR point of view, which in the end, is what makes it theirs. People need to start realizing this and stop trying to win everyone over.

Personally, I think this whole fuckfest has turned into a massive e-penis gathering, tape measures and all. Everyone is trying to one-up the other, and in the end, they're leep-frogging each other so much, they just wind up where they started.

What it comes down to is this: People, this is Daves world, if you don't like it, get out. Dave, this is your world, if you don't like what goes on out there, stay in here.

As much as I love a good drama, everyone just needs to mind their own business and relax for a while. It's the holiday season, and even if it wasn't, this shit doesn't been to be going on.

And if anyone wants to show off their e-peen, go hire a prostitute.
this has to be one of the most retarded things ive read on HF
post #10 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
this has to be one of the most retarded things ive read on HF
You should try reading back some of your own posts then.
post #11 of 21
Yes it is Dave's 'world', but if nobody was here, then it would pretty much just be Dave's laptop/desktop. I don't think everyone here is trying to engage in a penis measuring contest. Sometimes people end up fighting until the point comes along that they forget what the fuck they are fighting about or what started the fight.

Problem is that I believe that all these shitty things start because Dave is out of touch with this forum and has always been. It's no secret to me and anyone who has half a brain and access to the site for over 6 months that Dave is not an avid fan of fashion or denim and most would consider him to be so previous level that he is Pre-Cambrian explosion.

So because Dave is the owner of this site and he isn't always around... when he suddenly shows up and well... starts to 'enforce' rules as how he has envisioned things to be then those who have gotten away with breaking the rules in his eyes are rudely awakened. Sevenkid has always gotten a long leash along with others that are known to be verbal instigators. Then Lauriebell wasn't really around that much lately so it was almost a free-for-all and then magically out of nowhere like the return of Thor... Dave came with his ban hammer and morality in his mind.


I don't know what type of owner Dave is, but he is not really cut out to be a leader and there's no shame in that, not everyone is cut out to lead.


Just my opinion...
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by camhabib View Post
You should try reading back some of your own posts then.
so edgy!!
post #13 of 21
u mad?
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by biodiesel View Post
I don't know what type of owner Dave is, but he is not really cut out to be a leader and there's no shame in that, not everyone is cut out to lead.
I think you're on to something... because you don't often see people that are leaders cry so much.

Just saying...
post #15 of 21
oh and seriously this is not about epeens and of course dave can do whatever the hell he wants. what has been going on is just advice for him if he wants to maintain a userbase or see another migration of irate members go to an offshoot forum
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cez1029 View Post
this prolly get moved to drama in a few seconds.
YOU CALLED IT BUDDY
post #17 of 21
i wish i was important enough to make a thread with my opinion about the status of the forum instead of just having to write it in someone elses important thread
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mihalis View Post
i see a forum manager position in your immediate future
So I guess I'm having a sort run then huh
post #19 of 21
All the cool kids think samuel clemens was shitty writer anyway.
post #20 of 21
cross post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicvoodoo View Post
@honestdave



You've posted in this sub forum hours after my query and you still refuse to answer. What are you hiding? Why won't you disclose your agenda? What is your problem?

You call yourself "honestdave" but you've made no attempt to be honest.

Your evasiveness is strangely eerie and for the record, I have NO trust in you. In fact, I find your silence creepy.
Quote:
HONEST: Characterized by integrity or fairness and straight?forwardness in conduct, thought, speech, etc.; upright; just; equitable; trustworthy; truthful; sincere; free from fraud, guile, or duplicity; not false; -- said of persons and acts, and of things to which a moral quality is imputed; as, an honest judge or merchant; an honest statement; an honest bargain; an honest business; an honest book; an honest confession.
It is now obvious that you have no intention of ever answering this question. Your silence is deafening and truly unfortunate.
You have left yourself wide open to speculation; most of which is probably far worse than the truth.

You have not been forthright with your intentions or agenda and should henceforth be known as "phonydave"

You sir are NOT honest and have no business running a forum named "Honest Forum"
post #21 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicvoodoo View Post
You have left yourself wide open to speculation; most of which is probably far worse than the truth.
This bears re-emphasis.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chat
DenimBlog.com › Welcome to the DenimBlog Community! › General Topics › Chat › Is everyone about done yet?